It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi War Horror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

We believe the war would end if the media showed more images of the human horrors in Iraq, yet we turn away when they're placed in front of us. Not anymore.

Read More...

Any images you may find uncomfortable to view, are linked to and not actually displayed on the page above.

I recommend giving this article a full read.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, it would definately be much more easy to sway public opinion on the war if you play the heart-strings with a hammer...

I don't even support this mess, but it is silly to think that showing the terrible things we human beings do to each other is going to change the opinion of any present war supporters. We are all well aware of the horrible things that happen, not just in time of war but daily, worldwide.

While these pics did make me hate our misguiding leaders even more, it didn't really change my opinion, it just reminded me of the things we all try to ignore. Showing this stuff doesnt change a thing...sadly.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The war probably would end if there were more images like that.

Which is why the government supresses those images.

Everyone should know that, those pictures, its what happens when there is a war.

So ask, why would the jihadis continue to fight, knowing that these things go on around them, experiencing it first hand? Is it because they love their country so much that they are willing to rip its citizens apart? or is it because......they want to establish their own dictatorship in iraq??????

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The “insurgents” deliberately cause this type of misery; the coalition causes it by accident or in defense.

And this is why the terrorists will fail. The average Iraqi may not be pleased with the coalition, but they have absolute hatred of the terrorists ripping their country apart. Just ask any soldier who’s been there.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think it's important to realize that most of those artocities you see in the pictures were caused by the occupying forces. Most during the initial invasion. It would be denial to say the religious clashes are causing all the bloodshed.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If you want to see images go to Ogrish.com, and yes, if those where shown, there would be more outcry to stop the war.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
you know i dont support the iraq war, however im not a pacifist. i like to consider myself one who does what is neccisary to survive, and eventually at the rate of growth, people are going to die fighting to survive.

the point i'd like to make is these pictures do absolutly nothing for me. as im looking at the war trophy pics im eating food, and not even feeling grossed out at all. i realize they are trying to get to your emotions of your heart to motivate your mind as if you ask any politcal manager etc. this is 101 in commercials and propganda.

i have no problem seeing these images because quite honestly what im looking at is nothing more then what anything is made out of, such as a tree. its just matter, everything is made from this so why is it that the matter in this form is grossing me out? i realize this is a human being, something with life...but it is not anymore. at the same time people feel bad for the dead. but why? we spend our whole lives preparing to die. atleast the majority of us do through religion. dont feel bad for the dead guy whos intestines are all over his face, im sure he doesnet mind. hes dead. beside according to his religion hes screwing 7 virgins anyways...

its like when you go to driving school, you see all of these nasty car wrecks of dead people...as to scare you out of speeding. i look at these and think why the hell would i care if i end up with my brain splattered on the pavement, im dead. seriously im not going to mind.

these are just my opinions of violent pictures, it's just a fact of not just life, but matter. then again im the guy that would have no problem being a hitman, as long as its for the good guys

p.s. that hilarious pic with the soldier holding the sign is fake, im pretty sure it was debunked awhile, there is a site where you could put your own msg, pretty sure it was a national news story too.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Nygdan is right that the reason (above all other excuses) why the government suppresses these images is because it would weaken still further the weak support for this war. They can't afford a functional democracy; if they could they would never have made it dysfunctional by lying to us so much about this war from the begining.
DaFunk13 is right that showing these pictures does little more than to make us aware of the suffering this is exactly why they would make people more against the war as a it would be harder to forget-ignore.

Skippytjc may be right about some insurgents deliberately causing that sort of misery. But it is our invasion that has unleashed all of it. It doesn't really matter who's causing it deliberately when you remember that under Saddam there was no civil war, only what many call relative stability and order.
Whatever people say or make up about Saddam (e.g. the human paper shredder story was made up) the fact is people knew where they stood and the country wasn’t on the way to becoming a satellite of Iran ether.
Furthermore whilst just about every Iraqi is united in hating those terrorists who blow up (people like Islamic worshipers in Mosques) the same is hardly true for those who attack our coalition troops… www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2005/10/23/wirq23.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/10/23/ixworld.html
Maybe you can hardly blame them when (as this past poll shows) our occupation is a hated occupation; and when you remember that it’s U.S (and not Iraqi deaths) the U.S leadership counts. A bit like the pictures I have another piece of information: (according to the U.S) Gulf War One killed 100,000 (conscripted) men. God only knows what it was this time but it’s hardly another mere 50,000 of these pictures is it? People can say “pictures like that don’t affect me” but is that because of Hollywood or the reality of war being close to mind?
That said I suppose the government has a point if we all got see the consequences of paying our taxes there would be a shortage of mental health councillors.

I suppose we can call some of those pictures “progress”. After all that is what part of progress in war is; just as man spends thousands of years trying to cure himself from diseases its only the calculating insanity of war that can give birth to something like bio warfare by reversing it. We make cars safer; similar engineers will do the same to make missiles penetrate deeper. Not such a bad if its defence; the disgrace is that’s not what Iraq is; hence these pictures will always be effective, especially when more of the lies of our leaders become unstuck.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
The “insurgents” deliberately cause this type of misery; the coalition causes it by accident or in defense.

And this is why the terrorists will fail. The average Iraqi may not be pleased with the coalition, but they have absolute hatred of the terrorists ripping their country apart. Just ask any soldier who’s been there.

Unfortunately, the soldiers you just mentioned are basically a modern-day incarnation of the World War II-type soldier. Same mindset as back then, but totally inappropriate for today's world situation. Times have changed and the soldiers haven't.

Not disparaging our troops, they're great, but with the wrong attitude, they're not exactly the greatest source of information themselves.

The pictures speak a thousand words. That's enough.

top topics

join