It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Authority, Al-Aksa Brigade, claims chemical capabilities!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by Nygdan
If they've merely, say, made a little mustard gas, put it in a bottler, and duct taped it to a rocket, then they don't really have chemical weapons.

Well, if said bottle, duct taped to a rocket contained, say, a little Small Pox, would you then consider it a chemical weapon?

No, that would be a biological attack. I believe a bottle of smallpox, if distributed effectively, would be a helluvalot more serious than a bottle of mustard gas, as mustard gas wouldn't spread like SP would.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
contained, say, a little Small Pox, would you then consider it a chemical weapon?

I don't think it would work.

Granted, its still them attempting to use such weapons, so there is a certain logic to it. But if this recent shelling did have a chemical 'payload' of some sort, but they couldn't even tell if it did, its not worth going all out over. Somethign like this has to be taken on a case by case basis, but the principle, that if they are attacked with any WMD, they can respond with WMD, is certainly valid ESPECIALLY given that they haven't signed any document agreeing not to use gas, etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by crustas

Israel and WMD: Incentives and Capabilities
www.foa.se...

Thanks for the link! I found this section to be informational. Its the first time I've read this.

Israel’s track record of the use of non-conventional weapons stems back to the time of the
foundation of the nation. There are well-grounded accusations of Israeli use of biological
agents to prevent reoccupation of conquered Arab villages during 1948.94 Bacteria
causing dysentery and typhoid were mentioned as agents of choice. Outbreaks of cholera
in Egypt in November 1947 and on the Palestine-Syrian border in February 1948 have
also been ascribed to biological warfare by Israel95.

The numbers 94 and 95 are bibliographical references from with the article citing their sources.

<< 1   >>

join