It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren Buffet Donates 37 Billion dollars to the Gates Foundation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
there has to be something more to this than what we're being told.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett is to donate about $37bn (£20bn) - most of his vast personal fortune - to Bill Gates' charitable foundation.

Mr Buffett will hand 10 million shares in his Berkshire Hathaway firm to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

In a statement, Mr and Mrs Gates said they were "awed" by the donation, thought to be the largest charitable gift ever made in the United States.

I'm not usually one to trust the rich. They often got rich through various dishonorable means. Why then would he donate 37 billion? Is it a tax thing? Is he trying to make amends for something? Maybe he is just being a nice guy. Personally, I think there is something fishy going on.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
good! We need healthy 3rd world kids to make ipods and nikes.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't like it one bit. I guess you do need those sweat shop workers good 'n strong though.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Maybe they made the deal at Bilderberg? The wife of Gates was there and maybe he was there also or someone representing him. Anyway, the foundation pay for health care in those country and all the money go in others Bilderberg's hands of the pharmaceuticals so there must be something...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I don't like it one bit. I guess you do need those sweat shop workers good 'n strong though.

You are right he should just keep the vast majority of his wealth to himself. Screw charity, keep it.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
You are right he should just keep the vast majority of his wealth to himself. Screw charity, keep it.

Of course he should give it to charity. I actually think that keeping ten billion is a bit greedy myself, but my question is why? What was his motivation? Or is it just a last ditch effort to cleanse his soul.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

What was his motivation?

You didn't even bother to read your own article did you?

During his interview, Mr Buffett explained that the death of his wife Susan was one of the reasons behind his donation to the Gates Foundation, because he had thought she would outlive him and handle the dispersal of his wealth.

What an evil bastard, thinking his wife would outlive him.

I actually think that keeping ten billion is a bit greedy myself

Of course you do, if it were up to you you would probably have him dragged from his home and executed in the middle of the street just for being rich.

[edit on 26/6/06 by Skibum]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I did read the article, but never trust what rich people say completely. They say a lot of things.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

They say a lot of things.

Of course they do, one thing that he has been saying for awhile is that he is was going to donate most of his assets to charity.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Okay,
I don't deny that he's doing it of course. All I am saying is that it is possible that he had an alterior motives. Such as, I don't know, maybe the Bill and Melinda gates foundation is a front for something that he wants to invest in. Maybe he's going insane, who knows, I just think there is more to the story than what we're being told.

Edit: For example, recent comments by buffet about the loss of value in the American dollar. Could this be a means of keeping the money safe from loss of value? Some type of charitable hedge?

Maybe it's an illuminati thing.
Buffet's Skull and Bones links en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The replies to this thread have been really quite puzzling. Instead of applauding the donation of 37 billion dollars, the largest charitable contribution in history, it is difficult to comprehend the derision that has met this announcement.

I personally do not care what motivations Warren Buffet had in making his contribution. I do not try to understand just how he came into having his billions. Yes, his income may have been immoral or maybe not. I'm not here to judge. I am simply happy that this man has made this contribution to help others. When I think that he could have just as well contributed his fortune to his dog, to nazi's, to, well, a myriad of less worthy recipients, I am just thankful that Warren Buffet has contributed this vast sum of money towards actually helping humanity.

While I might not put Warren Buffet on a pedestal along with Bill Gates, I do applaud this effort towards making a difference. Hopefully this contribution will be an example which other members of the worlds' super-rich (and not-so-rich) will take heed of and emulate.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There is actually a previous thread on this, please continue the conversation there:
Warren Buffett To Give Away Fortune

top topics

join