It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring the Tinfoil. We’re making hats.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The tinfoil hat is synonymous with aliens, people that believe in aliens and conspiracy theories in general. We even joke about it amongst ourselves. And the fact remains, that it is a joke. I am yet to meet an ATS member that truly believes in the power of the tinfoil hat. (I have my suspicions about a couple, but we won’t go there.)

But the truth is a “healthy” believe in extra terrestrial life and/or an interest in UFO’s is a sure way to spark ridicule from the “general public”. When you say, “alien abductee” an image of redneck “trailer-trash” comes the mind. (I hate using the terms, but it’s true, no?) A drunken middle aged man that sounds a lot like Ozzy Osbourne when he tells his story. We know that’s “stereotyping” – not really your average abductee… When I say, “Guy XYZ believes in aliens”, you imagine a teenage boy, with the looks of a geek, a replica lightsaber, the complete Startrek DVD collection and an acne problem. Yes?

But where did it all go wrong? When did aliens and UFOs become the laughing stock of the paranormal world? I’m not sure, but it has a lot to do with hoaxes and psychologically disturbed individuals. Maybe Billy Meyer and his friends are one of the main reasons why the average person thinks UFOs are a joke?

IMO even our own ATS aliens and UFOs forum contributes to the joke that is us – believers. Take a quick look through its history. Proof the Queen is a reptilian. I’ve got the smoking gun picture! (Insert hoax here). I saw a hovering light over my house. Jesus is an alien because he walked on water. Reptilians are running Wal-mart (Ok, I just made that one up.)

Then we’ve got ridiculous questions… I don’t want to offend anyone, so I’ll make one up as illustration. Do aliens eat eggs for breakfast?
People ask questions about aliens that are just plain ridiculous. How would anyone here know that? We can guess: Aliens have this thing about anal probing… Eggs come from an anus… So they probably values eggs and use it as a currency.

Then it’s the absurd threads that go on for weeks with hundreds of replies, and the really significant threads get overlooked. Why? Probably because we don’t have the insight to ponder the ideas?

What happened to a scientific approach? Why don’t we contribute to the “alien conspiracy” idea like we contribute to everything else in life? With pride, truth and logic. Are we so hungry for info on aliens that we would sink to the mud pits of our imagination just to feed our curiosity?

I ask you fellow ATS member, how would you repair dignity to the alien interested folks? There are some serious UFO-investigators out there, scientists, that must suffer the under the same laughter and ridicule. Is it because you choose to wear a tinfoil hat? Maybe you are waiting on the edge of your seat for disclosure, but will any government disclose something that is thought of as a joke? Isn’t it time we pick up the standards a notch? The ET and UFO information pool is dirty. Is it too late to clean it up? Are the state of UFO affairs beyond repair?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
yep i always wondered where that hat rubbish came from. it will not protect against anything. maybe hollywood, projects it because i have seen in some movies.

the movie control factor shows the lead character wearing a hat full of copper, to stop the government picking up his brain transmissions. these things do not work, and if such technology exists, the government would find ways round it.

but i always wondered where that tinfoil hat thing came from. thx

how do we know what the scientific community does behind the scenes. science is an area where it is highly competitive and why would sciencetists, want to give out information on what they are doing. the ufo subject must in reality be very investigated by science. just because we do not hear about it, does not mean they never took it seriuosly.

the reason why we don't approach alien stuff in the same scientic analysis is because we have no evidence. then it is more to do with being based on faith, then anything can be said, because if its faith no one really has answers, and we all interpret things differently.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
yep i always wondered where that hat rubbish came from. it will not protect against anything. maybe hollywood, projects it because i have seen in some movies.

the movie control factor shows the lead character wearing a hat full of copper, to stop the government picking up his brain transmissions. these things do not work, and if such technology exists, the government would find ways round it.

but i always wondered where that tinfoil hat thing came from. thx

Indeed. Check out Wikipedia... Some interesting stuff on the tinfoil hat. That guy (picture on Wikipedia) is a classic...
(Although you did notice this thread isn't about tinfoil-hats at all?
)

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What a great point you raise. How true! I, for one, cant mention "UFO" to anyone i know.

This is their response;
"I dont care"
" Really" ?

"Stop talking nonsense"
"We love you but you're nuts"
...and the best, from my mother
: " Yeah, yeah, ok...i dont want to hear it, if you talk about this i'll hang up"

Even my husband, who was a Marine and did time in a mental ward for having seen something he "shouldnt have" ( a UFO) and was sent there because he insisted he saw it, would rather not talk about it

Of course, i would never approach a stranger and hit them with something to do with a UFO. "Here's my business card, oh, by the way, been abducted lately?"

Any way, due to all this, i hardly think this issue will ever be taken seriously. People live in denial, and the unknown is scary and taboo to them. There is nothing up there, according to them. God put us here and we are here alone and thats that. REALLY? That would bring me to the next question: How do you know?
Answer: I just know, that's all.

Ok.

Narrow mindedness is everywhere- it outnumbers open mindness. It will never change, imo

BTW, i tune up my Tinfoil hat on a regular basis. I find Call-a-Geek to do a great job on them.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Narrow mindedness is everywhere- it outnumbers open mindness. It will never change, imo

Of course it's everywhere, do you think our society could function if it were the other way around?

Anyway, you're right, Gemwolf. Growing up in rural Kentucky, I once posed the questions to my schoolmates in the 4th grade (I have always been fascinated by the concept of extraterrestrial life): what if our concept of God was actually alien life creating us and seeding Earth with life?

Of course, they laughed and then proceeded to tell me how I would go to hell, and that I could be saved if I came to their church...but that's a completely different rant, isn't it?

I'd say that people won't be open to the subject of extraterrestrials until they:

1. they invade Earth and probe our...erm..."places" to oblivion

2. are found on another planet just waiting for us.

So, both being unlikely for the time being, I think that we're going to have to stay in our little subculture for now. But who knows, maybe one day our time willl come...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The ultimate aluminum foil deflector beanie site

zapatopi.net...

[edit on 26-6-2006 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My theory is that the elites of the world have a literal army of debunkers and agents ready to discredit and destroy any ability of the average citizen to get out the truth of what is really going on in our world.

In fact they may be beside you or even above you right now..

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Who cares what anyone thinks. We know.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Personally, I have made a tinfoil hat (or two even) in my time, but even now I'm not sure if I was serious or not. Probably was.

And did they work? NSQ128-245 report: YES, THE HAT LIKE GARMENT WAS SUCCESSFUL IN ELIMINATING ALL MIND CONTROLLING FREQUENCIES/endreport

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Aha! I knew it was something fishy about that factory!

"The most powerful factory in Europe"

top topics

join