It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihad in video games.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I am an avid internet games player...and have found this little snippet from a website concerning the game i play...apparently the U.S government is claiming that this game is being used by extremists to attract and brainwash new recruits.
The game makers claim that it is not an exclusively terrorist game as you can join any side anyway(MEC, PLA or the Marines)..i have played this game for nearly 600 hours...and not once have i been interested in blowing anyone up..(its good fun stacking a jeep up with c4 and using it as a jihad bus ingame though...sorts out the armour).
The game itself comes with a battlerecorder so that you can record the games and make film`s etc from it..some one has made a short film portraying the MEC point of view INGAME..and the american government is now trying to condemn the INGAME FOOTAGE...i have seen loads of clips made by battlerecorder and most are done really well and most are also funny...i think the government is pushing this too far...its just a game.

link to video:

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ridicilious. I also own this game, and enjoy it as well. If anything, I saw it as almost an army recruiting tool, not the opposite.

I suppose what one sees, another can see totally different.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The facts are being distorted by the government concerning GAMES...do you see how they focus on the MEC elements of the game..not a mention of how you can rain down artillery on ANYONE...hell they even made the game to allow for MEC to have UAV and satellite scan...do they really have that???.
There are hundreds of videos made with the battlerecorder..most of them are really funny..here are some links..

video.google.com...

video.google.com...

this 1 has to come with a disclaimer because there is adult content and language.

NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 TO VIEW THIS VIDEO.

video.google.com...

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Heratix]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That was great.

I dont even know what to say really.. the funny thing about this is that the US Army distributes a free first person shooter called Americas Army. The bad guys are always arab terrorists no matter what side you are on. You see your team as American soldiers but the other team sees you as Arabs.

Whats conditioning the who now?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Refugee from the other thread - since closed.

I agree with the last two posters - when troops in Iraq were interviewed about their battle experience one said he was surprised how similar it was to the video games

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
if you think BF2 is bad you haven't seen anything. Check out www.kumawar.com

new topics

top topics

join