It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannah Billups "abduction" on 'The Edge'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I too would like to know what the points mean....

Maui..could you have lost them for cursing?..I am just guessing here and of course have no idea what they are even for..Not only that, WHO gives them?

[edit on 5-7-2006 by zookeeper]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I just watched, again good Will hunting the "M" rated version not "X" rated version good will Humping.
Anyway, the bit in the film where Robin Williams asks the genius Matt Damon. That he can quote all the lifes works of Michaell Angelo, his relationship with Pope, his sexual prefrences the whole works but he can't tell him what the Sintene Chapel smells like because he has never left Boston and gets his life out of books.
Then I thought, "Hannah" that sounds just like Hannah. She never left the mountains. She got the whole thing from reading books and web sites and she is trying to live her life in a fantasy.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I believe you have it...I believe that's the truth!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Daniel is in on it.

In his interview he asked them 3-4 times if they were his only media contact and they kept saying yes, they had not gone to anyone elese with the story.

He made a deal with them to get a percentage off the book deal. That is why he was willing to lose listeners and treat the loon with kid gloves.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I posted that on the forum and asked him how much of a percentage he was getting it from it. I guess they didn't like that too much.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ok, here is my two cents, but then again the dollar isnt doing so well so maybe it is my 1/2 of a cents worth...

I do not think Daniel is in on the HOAX, however, because this story had the potential to bring in A LOT of publicity (i.e listenres, advertisers, XM-radio etc) he wanted the EXCLUSIVE to make sure EVERYONE had to go to THEM for any and ALL information, which of course could LAUNCH the show to heights like C2C and others.. This all being in the 'alternative" medium of course...

I think he pressed on the issue of THEM being the only ones she was going to because some of you had mentioned that Hannah was going or did go to other radio shows with this..I read that in the forum when you all were still there..

I think Daniel wanted to make sure that he dumped you all for the right reasons..Which happens to be for the "Hannah exclusive"..

I think he figured that if this story could at least be beleived and spread far enough that it was WORTH losing a few inquiring minds like you guys, for the greater good of the show..

You know the old, "THE ENDS JUSTIFIES THE MEANS"..

I think he was also so nice to her for a few reasons..1. Because he REALLY DOES want to believe she is the "INNOCENT OLE TIMEY" lady she claims to be...2. He wanted the FAME and PUBLICITY in and through the alternative media..3. His ULTIMATE goal is to get HIGHER than C2C in fame...4. He did not want to tick her off and she take her story somewhere else, especially if it had even the SLIGHEST chance of being true.

You see, if this story were true (which we ALL know it is NOT) then he would not care about the book sales because having the EXCLUSIVE would prove to be more valuable to him and the show than a small book percentage...

Remember, he pushes the amount of hits per month because the more hits, the more advertisers, and the more advertisers and more listeners makes for more BRAODCASTERS and more broadcasters equal MORE OF EVERYTHING (listenrs, advertisers, money for the show and Daniel and of course NORITY)..

But here is the BIG PROBLEM..The HOAX is now being unraveled because NOTHING adds up and instead of creating an INTERNET BUZZ to PROMOTE the story, the internet "BUZZ" is the UNVEILING of it...

Even Daniel has begun to see this for what it really is, but because he stuck up for her, kicked all of you out to PROTECT HER, and the show is now taking A LOT of heat for doing all of the above for a TERRIBLE HOAX, he has now started to try and figure out how he can DISTANCE himself and the show from the BAD choices they made by hurting their listeners, which is why he put the DISCLAIMER above her HEAD, as well as the clip of him asking her for the documents...

What do you all think?

[edit on 5-7-2006 by zookeeper]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hi Zoo,

You know what I think!

However I agree with you 100%

BeeBop

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I wonder if Daniel did pay for this "exclusive" with Hannah because she could have sold the story to People magazine or some other media that was willing to listen and believe her ridiculous story.

Daniel has only dug himself in to a whole with this because his ratings will fall when the truth is exposed. I also think he is only left with the gullible and posters that are to scared to ask hard questions because if they do they too will get the boot

Daniel should have looked in to this saga before he put it on the air ways for most countries to hear......silly boy

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I tried to warn him!!! It's sad but it looks like Daniel has been had. Too bad he alientated his listeners in the prossess. It's a hard lesson.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by seagirlblu]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Respectfully, I wouldn't go so far as to say that Daniel has lost his audience. Nor do I think Daniel is competing with the likes of People magazine or whatnot for the Hannah story. No mainstream publication (other than, say, the Weekly World News or such) would touch any of this. It's far too wacky, and it appears that it cannot be fact-checked in any meaningful way. Daniel explicitly asked Hannah about Alex Jones - that's who he's "competing" with. The Joneses, Art Bells, etc. of the world. Not People or Newsweek or Entertainment Weekly - where (sadly) most Americans get their "facts."

Despite the general displeasure of the posters, the reality is that I'd bet that he's substantially increased his listening audience - at least in the short-term. Clearly he's lost a few "regulars", but all of this buzz (silly as it may seem to some of us) is certainly great for attention. I'll bet he's gained more listeners than he's lost.

That said, the real test is going to come in the next few weeks. If it turns out, like many of us suspect, that there is no evidence, or the evidence provided does not appear genuine - THEN we'll see what happens. I still don't think he'll lose audience share immediately, BUT he may find it difficult to get quality guests. Then, if the guests all start becoming Hannah-ish, the listeners will dwindle.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Good point. You're right, his listening audience probably went up this past few weeks to see what the latest on this story is. But I have a feeling that he may have lost a larger number than you may think. Losing your core audience is not a good thing especially when you are not established as an alternative main stream show. But time will tell and personnly I could care less. I quit listening a while ago. I only happened to go there a few weeks ago and saw the Hannah thing going. I think it was a God thing that I got involved with her and then was led to that site. If nothing other than to show people that they need to be very discerning in these last days. If you can't see through this little insignificant deception, what are you going to do when the big one comes. And where are the men and women of God to lead His sheep into the truth. I'm here to do just that.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
But hey, we work hard to keep ATS up, running and FREE for over two MILLION people a month, so I'm allowed right?

George Knapp, one of the FEW absolutely CREDIBLE figures in modern UFOlogy is completing an Email Interview as I type this and will be on our "Guest Speaker" cyber-podium answering questions from our Members next week.

For a little history on George look here: www.klas-tv.com...

Noted for his 8(!) Emmy's, 7 Mark Twain Awards and his outstanding coverage of Voter Registration Fraud in Clark County (yet more national awards for that one), he is most famous in our genre for his awesome reporting of the infamous Bob Lazar.

I bring this up as an alternative to sites or "shows" that would feed you Bullocks and dare to expect you to come back. I, for one, do NOT appreciate my intelligence (however limited it may be) being overtly, or, especially, covertly (hoaxed) insulted.

Springer...

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookeeper
Remember, he pushes the amount of hits per month because the more hits, the more advertisers, and the more advertisers and more listeners makes for more BRAODCASTERS and more broadcasters equal MORE OF EVERYTHING (listenrs, advertisers, money for the show and Daniel and of course NORITY)..

Out of professional curiosity, how many "hits" per month does Daniel get?

Springer...

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hey Springer,

You asked how many hits Daniel gets,

June 2006

May 2006

April 2006

BeeBop

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I think they want to know how many hits in the face Daniel gets a month not hits on his web site.
So that's
June 06
14 hits 10 slaps, a new mountain freind
May 06
0 hits, 5 birds
Apr 06
0 hits and 5 snap out of it's

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
But hey, we work hard to keep ATS up, running and FREE for over two MILLION people a month, so I'm allowed right?

George Knapp, one of the FEW absolutely CREDIBLE figures in modern UFOlogy is completing an Email Interview as I type this and will be on our "Guest Speaker" cyber-podium answering questions from our Members next week.

For a little history on George look here: www.klas-tv.com...

Noted for his 8(!) Emmy's, 7 Mark Twain Awards and his outstanding coverage of Voter Registration Fraud in Clark County (yet more national awards for that one), he is most famous in our genre for his awesome reporting of the infamous Bob Lazar.

I bring this up as an alternative to sites or "shows" that would feed you Bullocks and dare to expect you to come back. I, for one, do NOT appreciate my intelligence (however limited it may be) being overtly, or, especially, covertly (hoaxed) insulted.

Springer...

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Springer]

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to tell us about this. We certainly don't like being insulted either and I for one will not hang out where I'm not wanted. I'll never understand the ignorance of a buisness person who insults his customers....

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Springer, I think you are right, it is clear that Daniel has another agenda, and it isn't about getting to the bottom and finding the truth.

He is motivated by the "fear" of loosing Hannah as HIS story. However, when something like this occurs, the story is bigger than the individual, and the truth must be sought first. That requires asking pointed questions, which may have happened a couple of times and she failed to pass the "truth" test with those questions.

This was evident to me when Daniel/PD removed a post that asked that she submit herself to a body of "elders" of her faith, all of which she could choose herself. And then let them present to the world their findings. This is the type of thing that most people posting would have done, and most likely anyone wanting the truth exposed would have done. So, obviously there is another agenda. And "to the moon" with the listeners.

It is obvious Daniel has shifted his focus and is moving where he preceives the "listening" audience is. Just look at the recent weird guests.

H2O

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koori
I wonder if Daniel did pay for this "exclusive" with Hannah because she could have sold the story to People magazine or some other media that was willing to listen and believe her ridiculous story.

Daniel has only dug himself in to a whole with this because his ratings will fall when the truth is exposed. I also think he is only left with the gullible and posters that are to scared to ask hard questions because if they do they too will get the boot

Daniel should have looked in to this saga before he put it on the air ways for most countries to hear......silly boy

I really do not think he paid for anything. It's not that big of a deal. I feel Hannah is just another wacky guest. Now think about it, who is Hannah Billups any way?
Have we ever heard of her before?

She is NO different than Prophet Yahhhoooo, with his UFO's, Daniel had as a guest. Come to think about it I laughed my head off with that Zenna Talk lady

That was the funniest show he ever had.

The more I think about it, Hannah fits right with them. So what the heck is the big deal? To tell you the truth, I do not believe most of Daniel's guest. Some he had were very good, and interesting. We have the option to believe it or not.

Also you have the option to listen or not, right..

BeeBop

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah you're right, but for some reason this one insulted us a little too much.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I finally got around to listening to the whole interview, and personally, it just sounds like a bunch of crap gotten from a Cooper seminar.

The heroic "rescue" from a secret government test facility really makes me laugh. Sounds like someone wants to be superman.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join