It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I noticed that the veins in my right hand branch off more than the ones in my left hand. I figured it has something to do with me being right handed. But, anyone know anything about that?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The circulatory system is one that can vary quite a bit from person to person, and in practice is never actually symmetrical in a person. According to my anatomy and physiology prof, this system is the most variable in the human body. Glancing through a couple of my books, it looks like your having more branches in one hand is somewhat uncommon, but has been observed lots of times before.

I don't think it has anything to do with being right-handed, but I think it is more likely that is simply the way you developed while a fetus, for whatever reason. I didn't find a specific mention in Gray's Anatomy for the hand, but one done for the arm about the same thing (branching veins on one side) mentions that it was observed that in slightly over 20% of cases they saw veins that branched on one side but not the other side.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yeh, I got the same thing. Even though I've been working out for two years now, the veins on my right arm still branch out slightly more than the veins on my left arm. Like Dragon said though, no one is perfectly symmetrical.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I guess its due to simple chance during fetus development. Your one hand/arm might have been in an akward, pressed, position some time during your early development, and that might have resulted in different development.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
My hands are fine, But does any one know why my feet stick out at an unusually obtuse angle like a ducks?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
That's purely genetic. Me and my whole family have that. There's some term for it, I think, but I forget what it is.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, I've been a seriously lifter for a while now...and I'm missing one trait on my arms, the big vein that runs down the bicep.

No where to be found. I've got other veins that run across and whatnot, but that big one that runs right along the birdge of the two bicep mucles, zip, nada, niltch.

I still look good when I'm pumped, but sometimes I do wish I had those veins.

-O

EDIT: I've got the thing where my feet stick out a bit too. I wouldn't say it's unusual, but they stick out more than normal.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by The Big O]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm sure its because you are right handed dude

top topics

join