It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I,m sorry but...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Ain't it weird how pretty much every person that comes on ATS to complain about homosexuality always has "lots and lots of gay friends".

NOT weird when you work in the entertainment field.You should have been on the cruise ship i worked on

PLEASE CLOSE THREAD.QUICKKKK. I gotta go

[edit on 26-6-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
1 Actually i am sorry that I don,t understand why one man can be attracted to another sexually..My fault completely.. I AM sorry. truly

No harm in not understanding something. But I don't really understand it either. I'm not sure I understand why I'm attracted to a man or why men are attracted to women. I don't fully understand it, but I see it happening and I accept it. It just is.

2 HATEFULL????

If you truly aren't feeling hateful, then I apologize for the accusation. Threads like these, that start out with the things you said in your first post usually are, though.

Or were you just trying to bait me??

No. I was trying to berate you,
but I understand you might not be hating, just ignorant (that just means you don't know or understand something, it's not necessarily an insult).

3.I was only upset at the fact that it was being pushed in the faces of impressionable children.

Well then why didn't you post in there? That's a real question. Why did you feel compelled to start another thread? What were you hoping to accomplish? That's what the other thread was supposedly about. No need to answer this question, I'm just sayin... And I know you've been trying to get it locked but I'm not sure they do that under member request.

Suffice it to say. If you don't understand homosexuality and don't hate homosexuals, then what's the problem with it? I just don't get that... Do you understand Rocket Science? Do you understand sub-micron particles? Are they 'wrong'?

If you don't understand homosexuality and don't feel hatred about it, then what's the problem with showing children how to be tolerant of it? Some people are homosexual whether you like it, understand it, approve of it or not. It exists in the world. What's wrong with kids being exposed to it?

as for disease I am refering to the strep type bacteria found in the anal cavity..

I know what you're referring to. I'm referring to syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes, AIDS, and more... all transmitted between men and women. I'm just saying your argument about disease isn't exclusive to homosexuality.

I'm not upset, just curious.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Well then why didn't you post in there? That's a real question. Why did you feel compelled to start another thread? What were you hoping to accomplish? .

I'm not upset, just curious.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

I,ve edited this to get your points across as best I can..

The reason I started this thread was simply as a statement i felt compelled to make..

I placed this in ''social'' as I felt not too many people would read this it was just a statement of my opinions that everyone is entitled to make ... right or wrong... and I even stated in my original post that it was only my opinion and nothing else..

Also I did not want to post in what has turned out to be a hateful post regarding the policy referred to

I sincerely apologise if I offended anyone or caused anyone undue stress or suffering..

I only stated my opinion regarding overly protective ''politically correct'' procedure that might actually be doing more harm than good

I honestly think children should be children for as long as possible without some governments agenda to be forced upon them for the sake of votes

Like I stated originally it is not Your fault that I do not understand..

It is mine entirely which I do not deny

I NEVER stated I was intolerant..
I merely stated my OWN personal beliefs..Isn,t that what ATS is about

Surely the Most outstanding factor here is...

Whilst I do NOT believe in Homosexual practices that i do NOT
JUDGE,CONDEMN or PREDJUDICE against such individuals..

Isn,t that the epitomy of tolerance when you can have a social understanding with peoples beliefs that you yourself do not adhere to???

Anyone that states otherwise REALLY has to talk to some of my NON- Heterosexual friends.. Which I can arrange By the way if so desired

I really do not take offence for some of the opposing views here..I take it merely as educational

I regard all your opinions as valid.. I only ask that you treat my beliefs as such.

Thanks..

BTW..Why didn,t you guys close this thread at my request??
Just wondering.. or is it not allowed to close as an OP,s request.?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Cant close a good thread

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic Do you understand Rocket Science? Do you understand sub-micron particles? Are they 'wrong'?

No really I do not take offence,I actually revel in other peoples opinions.. Thats how we learn..
As in the old adage two heads are better than one

Just to add some substance to my past history..

I actually used to work in Rocket/missile/ballistics
I was actually one of the original pioneers in laser/laser guided technology..

I took objection to my developements being used for war purposes..

I spent 15yrs replenishing British missile stocks for a war I never believed in in the first place

I chose between a life making a grotesque amount of money against a life of simply making people happy

It was an easy choice..

I can honestly say I have never looked back

Smirnoff blue rules

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Cant close a good thread

HEY HABIBI.. you still awake too..

I hate insomnia

You have any good advice for a 1 hour sleep a day dude???

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes, but i would have to tell you in person. How far a drive is it from Cape Cod to Dubai????

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I believe Christianity is unatural.

However, if people want to do it, let em. So long as they do not command the fate of others, let em do whatever they want. They aint bothering me practicing their religon. So long as they posses no political power to influence public policy and enforce their agendas on the unwilling, I honestly do not care what Christians do or think.

Same for homosexuals. Difference being, most homosexuals have better things to do than bother others.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join