It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The spy secrets in the phone booth"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
INFOSEC a serious malfunction since last decade, most probably even before. It seems that potential loss of data was and remains nothing new. Honest mistakes, or possable intentional slip ups with layers of deception?

There are many other examples, but this one was closest to the recent incident.

The new revelations are likely to become the latest embarrassment for Canada's embattled spy agency, which has already been rocked by news that top-secret documents were in a briefcase stolen from an agent's minivan in Toronto last month.

The man who found the diskette in 1996 admitted he considered selling it to the "highest bidder" before returning it to the agency.

"People were named; contacts that they [CSIS] had within organizations in Bosnia and in Canada, people that were in training, covert operations," he said.

18 November 1999

Been digging for trends that are evidence of history repeating, "lessons learned" often are not.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If history repeats it self then we sould be coming up on a leak soon. It would also make a good resreach project. i.e. Terms of the project could be to find evedince of this, and maybe expand to finding all sorts of sping activities and cover ups. Then possibly send said evidence to a major news agency and hope for the best. This could expand beyond ATS and the americas....

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Was reading Time magazine if I'm not mistaken, and they had a column in there detailing other stolen "fed/gov" property that has come up missing. Lets just say that from what I read and saw in that, made even my head spin a couple times....

Pure and blatantly putrid abuse of clearly intentional violations of security. Never on any respectible watch would such occur, for it would be the last. Fifth column, domestic- threat, and enough espionage to keep all of histories DCIs tail chasing for another half century...

Organized or rogue state it makes no difference, they all have been mortal threats in the past, and have been ignored/covered up as an issue globally far too long. Now it is too late to prevent what has come, and impossable to keep in the dark any longer. The powers who be, have had more than enought ime to settle in and took root. Offshoots every where and now it's beyond perception.

Back in 2001, good ole US of America said it refuses to allow terrorism to change it, today the changes seen would make even Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder spin in their graves so to say.

Tous Pour Un Un Pour Tous

Let it be known, those who knew, tried.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
How can we distiguish the differnce between terrorist, terror states, and when the champoin of demacracy is acting just as bad the people they seek to rid them selves of.

new topics

top topics

join