It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My beloved America - Where are you now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This country used to be the envy of the world, but what happened was the overtime of arrogance, having this idea of being the powerful country in the world. We always think that we can get what we want just as how our kids are raised. In my observation and analysis, since I was born, I have never heard of political speech or rhetoric among our leaders with humility. We like to give warnings or ultimatums if our interests are not getting through. Our culture developed these feelings of hostilities, indifferences, hesitation to converse, apprehension, suspicion to one another.

We are regarded as the most advanced, most civilized, and most honest people and yet we begin to install cameras almost every corner of the streets which leads to the shadow of suspicion and mistrusts among our citizens.

Whatever happened to the biblical foundation of this country? There's a lot to quote from, but it does not apply here anymore.

Where are we heading?

For the last 2 months April and May 2006, the interest is consistently being raised without regards of the goverment continued spending on all aspects. Some countries are dicreetly getting rid of their dollars by acquiring lands and minerals of other countries.

Where are we heading?

On Education: What happened to our kids after High School? 1 for every 20 graduates only finished college. Because of the materialism and media sublimination, our children learned to be individuals so quick, meaning they think they can take charge with their lives without the support of anybody. Thus, they have to be out there working to contribute to the trillion-dollar debts created by the system. As taxpayers, robots or new breed of slaves?

Where are we heading?

On News: If anyone notice, every airport around the world are tuned in the news. Any idea? I believe we're in this sign of the times to develop fear or paranoia to all human beings. For what purpose? Are we still free and secure? Where are the inspirational programs that will make our days bright and lively?

On NWO: Our government is trying to cast doubts, mysteries, controversies, covert actions in all aspects to industries, institutions, politics, and economy, so that when everybody is confused, emerged and enraged...you know what's next!

Where are we heading?

more...to come.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
To be frank, you're watching the final phase of death throws for America at the moment.

At least, the america that was.

spp.gov...

The new in the new world order, so to speak.

That is all.

X

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Some Americans like the direction the country is now heading.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
On Economy:
How can we attract foreign investments nowadays where we put too much
scrutiny on transactions? How do we differ from communism when there's
so many rules and regulations on capitalism?

On Patriotism:
Our constitution is gradually trampled if not being changed or modified. Are there
any more heroes out there? Hello!

On School:
Our government recruited and issued visa to a lot of teachers from other countries
because we are losing elementary teachers in the past 10 years. That tells me
that our graduate teachers here can no longer stand or fed up with unruly students
or litigious parents. Let's wait until we lose our high school teachers specially with
those deteriorating grades among students.

On Children:
I was shocked when the mother did not even scold or discipline her daughter
around 14yrs old, when she abrasively grab the video from her mother and said
'then, don't rent it' while the mother was reading the cover. I was standing next to
them in the video rental place when the daughter insisted on getting it. Have we lost
our authority over our children because we're afraid that they might call the
protective services?

On Technology:
Enormous info from ATS are valuable. I hope ATS has multiple backups when the goverment rules out to shut down all conspiracy sites.

On Web: The internet glued the world which resulted in lost amount of mobility and production among people around the world.

On End Times: (I have a pps link but need help on attachment)

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Read this and compare it to the situation in the USA lately

Fourteen Defining
Characteristics Of Fascism

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by prsbuff

On Education: What happened to our kids after High School? 1 for every 20 graduates only finished college. Because of the materialism and media sublimination, our children learned to be individuals so quick, meaning they think they can take charge with their lives without the support of anybody. Thus, they have to be out there working to contribute to the trillion-dollar debts created by the system. As taxpayers, robots or new breed of slaves?

1 out of every 20?? Where did you get that stat?

I dont know the exact number so Im asking. Last time I checked graduation rates fro both highschool and college were on the rise.
[url=http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2002-06-05-education-census.htm]http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2002-06-05-education-census.htm[/ur l]

Our public schools in the US arent the greatest by any means but college level is a whole other ball game. Find a list of the 100 best colleges in the world and see how many are in the US.

Its not like College is even the end all be all. I know a bunch of people that went directly into trades and are cleaning most of my friends that went to college clocks in terms on earnings, Im talking real good money. I know college grads that are still waiting tables years after graduation making #$%@ wages.

new topics

top topics

join