It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9 knocks............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm a new member to the site, and I would like to see if anyone else has shared my experience. Although, as you will see, i do not re-call the aftermath of what I experienced. I am posting in this section because of what I read in a book years later.

When i was younger, say 10-13 years old, my family and I would go to a vacation resort in upstate NY with other families from the neighborhood. There was a swimming pool, a tennis court.....your basic family resort. It was my parents and my little sister in their own room, and my brother and I in our own room. In my room, there were 2 beds, with mine being closer to the door. As I am typing this now, I can remember this as if it happened yesterday. I am now 36 years old.

At some point during the night, while I was asleep, I was awakened by a VERY LOUD humming noise. Like some sort of generator.....but LOUD!!! Kind of hard for me to explain the noise, but I guess I will stick with the generator. After opening my eyes, I just layed in bed wondering what the heck it was. I then heard knocks.....now if i had to guess how many, I would say anywhere from 8-12. It wasn't 2 knocks, and it wasn't 20. The best I can describe the knocks would be as if you took something heavy.....a crowbar or something......and slammed it into a metal garbage can. But please understand......it was LOUD!!!!! And while the knocking took place about a knock per second.......keeping a steady pace, that generator noise continued as well.
So it was the generator noise with these 9 or so knocks. All I remember was looking at the door with my eyes open wondering what the noise was. It seemed to be coming from either behind the room or above. I was not scared at all.

Now......here's the weird part. I did not remember ANY of this until years later while reading a book that had a chapter in it called "the nine knocks". While I read this chapter, in a flash, my memory came back to me and I re-called what I heard that night. The book goes on to describe EXACTLY what I heard and furthermore states that people who have had this experience go outside to see what is going on or to investigate the noise, and proceed to have a sighting or some sort of interaction with a UFO.

Needless to say, at this point, my jaw dropped as I could not believe what I was reading. But what freaked me out even more was this. WHY did I not ask my brother the next day or my parents or anyone who was with us on the trip "hey, did you hear that noise last night?". Please understand......it's not like I said to myself "whatever, no big deal.......i'm not going to bother anyone with this". I DID NOT remember this happening until years later, 18 or 19, when I was reading that book in my backyard.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has heard of this or experienced it as well. And I am always debating if I should go for hypnosis to re-call this night in question. Part of me says YES, the other says NO. Anyway, that's my story. Peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
interesting. Though perhaps it could have been a repressed memory due to the fact maybe at that age you where actually scared, and people tend to repress negative memories. The best action would be to perhaps go to the resort and spend a night there or ask your brother to read the same book maybe he also witnessed it too.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
No he didn't. The day I remembered what happened, after reading the book, I told my family what happened, and my brother doesnt remember anything.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Do you recall a sighting of a UFO on the vacation, or is it just that this book says it is connected to sightings?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
No, i do not recall any ufo sighting on the vacation.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Alot of times for weird unknown reasons our subconcious will invent some occourance as we are reading or hearing a story of some kind to place us "there" and can confuse the concious mind as to whether or not it really happend. Dont get me wrong I am not saying that this did not happen to you but also you should look at the fact it may have been sub-concious invention.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I wouldn’t necessarily leap to a paranormal explanation right off of the bat. Look at it this way, your age probably had a lot to do with not remembering what had happened the night before. Couple that with being on vacation. You said yourself that they had a swimming pool and tennis court, that was probably the first thing you thought of when you woke up that morning. Could also be a degree of matrixing involved as well. As you read the passage in the book, the similarities in the story and your experience caused the mind to sort of color in the rest.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
StewieRox...I have this kind of occurence happen on a daily basis. Is it sort of like a humming sound that goes on and off for a little while? I don't notice it right away, but its definately something out of the ordinary. I thought it was the air conditioning unit in my house, but that is outside and about 30 feet away. There is no possibility I would be able to hear that kind of noise from my bedroom. I don't recall hearing any knocks, but I'll keep that in mind next time it happens. By the way, this happened to me last night, but I immediately dismissed it as some usual happening. Its really strange though because it has been happening very frequently this summer and I want to figure out what it is too. Maybe it is a UFO, maybe its my mind playing tricks on me. Anyhow I want to get to the bottom of it.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well it has only happened to me one time, as far as I know. And as far as it being my mind playing tricks on me.......sure, anything is possible. But i would be willing to bet my life on it. What I read that day brought back something I experienced........something which was NOT in my mind.

new topics

top topics

join