It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War On Terror & "Combating Terrorism"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Were these lessons really learned, or have they just still not sunk in yet? It is clear enough that the threat of attack from terrorists was not any thing new because of 9/11, as it was a threat before. People may forget this all too soon.

Upon enlistment into the Armed Forces, we under took an oath that;
"I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic".

It says what it means, and means what it says. No ifs, ands or buts about it, simple and clearly understood, THIS WE'LL DEFEND!

But will they?

Issues to Be Resolved

Terrorist attacks against U.S. personnel and interests domestically and abroad highlight the need for effective U.S. efforts to combat terrorism. As requested, we prepared this unclassified summary of our February 1999 classified report to you on interagency counterterrorist operations. Specifically, we examined how agencies worked together in counterterrorist operations and special events; strengths and weaknesses of international and domestic counterterrorist exercises; and agency and interagency processes to capture and share lessons learned.

Report to Congressional Requesters
GAO pdf

For purposes of this testimony, I will use the term CBRN instead of the more common but less precise term weapons of mass destruction. While some agencies define weapons of mass destruction as chemical, biological, nuclear, and radiological weapons, others define it to include large conventional explosives.

Observations on Growth in Federal Programs
GAO pdf

[edit on 25-6-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Figured this would best be noted along with the other thread I started in Wot. Key details from previous administration within our government have a track record, and it is not good.

new topics

join