It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God more about Power or Love?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I believe all people, animals, and plants are slaves of God. I estimate that God is a thousand times more about power than love.

Why is the All-Loving God phrase barely existent compared to the Almighty God phrase?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Because religion works best with fear and forced respect.

"Be nice and dont steal! Or god will love you!" Dosent go as well as "Be nice and dont steal! Or god will kill you!".

Would you support your church if you knew god would forgive you if you didnt?

The best: Who would you question first; The all loving guy with flowers in each hand, or the power full guy with the two swords in his hands?

Too me, the answer is simple, and simple discredits religion. Christian, muslim, its all the same.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I would say that God is more about love. God IS love in fact! At least the way I can feel him. God in my life has no power over me. He/She only inspires me to do what I feel is right.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I believe all people, animals, and plants are slaves of God. I estimate that God is a thousand times more about power than love.

God loves us so much that He took it upon Himself to fix the problem of what His law says. The soul that sinneth, it shall die. We are trapped in our sin, literally, with no way to rid ourself of them. He didn't have to, I'll repeat, He didn't have to but He became the soul that died for them.

God is all powerful. No ifs, ands or buts can change that. As far as His power:
Psalms.2
[1] Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
[2] The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
[3] Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
[4] He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Now someone will look up the word derision and see that it means contempt and then say, something like , see how could God be loving if He holds us in contempt. These verses do not mean He holds people in contempt. It means He holds the plans we people make, in contempt. The plan being spoken of in this psalm is that mankind thinks they can rid themself of God and Him being in charge. That is what He is laughing about. That we think we can do away with Him.

I don't think this is an easy question because we are limited by finite minds. But I will try to express something that hopefully will be truthful and helpful.

God has the power to love(on the cross), God's love shows us His power(on the cross).

or

God's power demanded justice, God's love provided that justice.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
God is love, but the love is barely existent. Famines, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, floods, heart disease/attacks, cancer, diabetes, stroke, suicide, homicide, schizophrenia, bipolar, major depression... All of these are a sign that God is almighty. But all-loving??????????????????????

Does God have psychological problems?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
God is love, but the love is barely existent. Famines, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, floods, heart disease/attacks, cancer, diabetes, stroke, suicide, homicide, schizophrenia, bipolar, major depression... All of these are a sign that God is almighty. But all-loving??????????????????????

Does God have psychological problems?

OK, now comes the part where you need to know what the whole Bible says. And you cannotget what it says in one read through. When your done reading it, start over and begin reading it through again. Finished it the 2nd time, now comes time number 3 and so on and so on till He returns or calls you home.

So we knowthe world we are seeing and living in with all the above things you mentioned is not the same world that God created. It was created good. WhenAdam and Eve disobeyed God , sin entered creation. The world we see and live in is like it is because of what mankind decided(their decision was, "You know what, I believe God is lying to us. We should eat from that tree then we will be better off"). That was a lie, and we are paying the consequences. These consequences are for a limited time. At a certain point they will end and they will never return for all of eternity. But for the time being we are being shown what kind of world exists when man decides we know best.

Instead of sitting there and thinking about all these bad things that God "lets" happen. Sit there and think to yourself, "I wonder what He is preventing from happening"!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I believe that I sinned against God in my post and reply. Pray for me as I pray for you.

"God is love." 1 John 4:8

new topics

top topics

join