It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Dave Rabbit's Band 1966 - Don't Take Your Love Away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

PODcast: Dave Rabbit's Band 1966 - Don't Take Your Love Away

This is the SIDE A cut of the 45 Single that my High School Band "The Downbeats" cut in 1966, the beginning of my Junior Year. I acquired this from a member of that group at a 30th band reunion that we did some years ago and transferred it from 45 to MP3. You might recognize the STYLE of that era. I am the Lead Singer. Rock and Roll.... until I DIE...... that's my battle cry!

length: 02:20
file: btsmpod_1759.mp3
size: 555k
feed: btsm

[edit on 6/25/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You guys Rocked! amazed your band didn't take off... have trouble keeping your, um, stuff together??

Nola gives it a thumbs up, she's dancing around the house to it right now... I have a funny feeling this is going into her playlist for a while... yep, third time through and she's Still dancing to it.

Anything that can captivate the limited attention span of a two year old and Not drive me crazy in the process is okay in my book...too cool.

here I am looking for rare and out of print stuff for Your show, and you score me a priceless blast from the past *dreamy* you be the man.

rock on
twj
&
nsj

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hey Torbster....

Is that a picture of your daughter? Have been meaning to ask you. She is a DOLL! Need a lock and key for her in the TEEN YEARS
! Yeah, we thought we were going to be millionaires...... but look at some of the American Idols of today, as an example.... GREAT TALENT..... just didn't have the OPPORTUNITY. Unfortunately, in music (and I guess just about everything else).... the ones who are really successful have been in the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME.

Thanks for the Kudos.... your daughter can be our FLASH BACK Poster Child!

Dave

[edit on 7/11/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
'right place and right time' sure doesn't hurt, that's for sure... I've also learned that it's not really What you know but Who you know, which kind of sucks but there you have it.

Yep, that be my daughter, her name is Nola. Do you honestly need/want a poster child? She photographs really well and we've considered marketing her from time to time but just haven't gotten around to doing it... some non-prifit / world awareness work like what your doing could be pretty cool though...

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing some pics of her in a kid sized 'F it before it Fs you' t-shirt *smirks* but I'm an old fisherman from Alaska with a warpped sense of humor... perhaps other folks wouldn't find that as charming as I would, *shrugs*

She LOVES your song (I do too) it's on her playlist. I can't believe that kind of talent just melts away... do you still play any?

hmm..... duty calls....

gotta go
rock on
twj

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
LOL..... her photo about sums up how I feel about the idiots in Washington and their decisions about Iraq. Anyway.... speaking of the band.... I am having dinner TONIGHT with TWO of the members. One I have had lunch with occassionally... the other... I haven't SEEN (have talked to a few times and e-mail) since 1966. It is going to be a hoot. Gonna TAKE a few photos... might put it up in ATS.

By the way.... when I get the time to finish up the "Uncle Ho Souvenir" Web Store... we ARE going to have BIBS and KIDDIE T's with BOTH the "DAVE (Saigon)" Rabbit Logo and the new "NADIRAH (Iraq Female)" Rabbit Logo.

The Nadirah Shirt is hilarious. If you go to daverabbit.podomatic.com and go to the PICTURES SECTION on my PROFILE... you can SEE THEM BOTH... and ALSO COPY THEM to your computer.

Thanks for dropping in. Will report back about the BAND REUNION when I get a moment.

Dave

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I have just recently posted LOTS of NEW MATERIAL on my Pod-O-Matic Home Page. There is both AUDIO and VIDEO humor, gags and bits. Drop in, become a FAN and give me a shout! I really want to involve my ATS FAMILY in helping me EXPAND my base for the release and propagation of Radio First Termer Iraq in September.

daverabbit.podomatic.com...

Thanks for your support!

Dave

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
That's a fantastic song, a fantastic track. Thanks so much for sharing, do you have any other musical morsels from your rockstar heyday?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hey Riot....

No, I'm afraid we went down as many of that era ONE HIT WONDERS!

Thanks for the comments!

PEACE!

Dave

top topics

join