It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Congressional Measures Pave Way for Overseas F-22 Sales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
AT the urging of both LM and the USAF, recent actions by the US congress has paved the way for exporting the F-22A.

The US house of Representatives has overtuned a legislated ban on the selling of the Raptor to other countires. The law banning sales will remain on the books untill President Bush signs the 2007 defence budget.

Japan is the country that is mentioned often when discussing sales of the Raptor and the aircraft would dovetail nicely with its defence requirements. The UK and Australia are other countries mentioned, but perhaps the cost of the a/c would be a budget breaker for thier respective airforces

New Congressional Measures Pave Way for F-22 Sales

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yes, the UK is struggling to afford its current programmes so the chances of adding a Raptor purchase to the list are zero I'm afraid.

I remember when Japan, Saudi Arabia and Israel were buying F-15's it seemed somehow embarrassing that we were sticking with the F-4, as we were at the time. Maybe then I will experience a case of deja vu when the first export order for the F-22 rolls in?

join