It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Needs God????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yay, first one on this topic!

So, do we need God? Does he control us? Does he even exist? You thoughts please.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Do we need God? Yes, I believe we do.

Does he control us? No, I don't believe so.

Does he even exist? The answers above would indicate the answer to this one...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If God exists....he certainly doesn't care as much as he used to eh? He hasn't put in a personal appearance in well over 2000 years...

Do we need God? No, I think we've grown past that these days..

Does he exist? Only in the minds of millions...*sigh*

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Why do my posts on this keep getting deleted?

If it's because I said no to all of the questions then I don't particularly think that's fair. Those are my thoughts and I was asked for them by the person who started the thread.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It wasn't my fault Dany. I want to hear peoples opinions.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
It wasn't my fault Dany. I want to hear peoples opinions.

I know it wasn't you, if it was then you woul;dn't have put the thread up. Maybe it was a glitch.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So, do we need God? Does he control us? Does he even exist? You thoughts please.

Do we need a God? I believe we are God (sort of like a Collective Borg thing) heh

Does he control us? We're probably controlling what exists at this moment without realising it, possibly an experiment we've created for our spirits to experience 'this reality'.

Does he Exist? Yes I (god) do seeing that i'm sitting here typing this

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I don't think anyone NEEDS god. People need god in their lives to explain the things they are not capable of understanding. Some people are weaker than others and need some sort of structure to rely on. It is fear that really makes us want something other than what we can feel with our five senses.

In my opinion god/religion is a crutch for people who are not capable for living each day to the fullest and just excepting that there may be NO place to go after death. They seek not the truth but a pretty illusion to cover up reality.

I am agnostic and it would be great to think that there is a heaven. It's a beautiful idea but there is no proof behind it therefore my brain just tells me "deal with it"

I have no other choice but to do as much as I can in this life and make it a little better than it was when I arrived here.

new topics

top topics

join