It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

corporate incest, or, interlocking boards of directors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
sure, lots of people are aware that companies are merging and merging into supercorporations. but there's also a more subtle way of influincing each other. it's known as "interlocking boards of directors", or more succintly, corporate incest. when company a has mister x on it's board, and mister x is also on the board of company b, that's corporate incest. up until recently, Larry Ellison was on the boards of both Oracle and Apple. (he resigned from Apple's board in September.) here's a list of companies with interlocking boards as of 2001: here

here's some articles on the subject: twincities.bizjournals.com...
www.ran.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
IMO, it's incest...But it's the public that gets screwed...Even after paying an ever-inflated price for the lubricant...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
IMO, it's incest...But it's the public that gets screwed...Even after paying an ever-inflated price for the lubricant...

lol! well really, it's just two names for the same thing. I prefer 'corporate incest' better, as does one of my professors who introduced the concept this morning to us. (education in action, folks!) I just wonder how many people are aware of what an impact this can have

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
I just wonder how many people are aware of what an impact this can have

Well, when you consider that privately-owned international banks own the Federal Reserve, that means they also own the government, the corporations & the public at large...So you can see what kind of impact that this has had merely be looking around you at the "modern-day USA".

top topics

join