It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What drives me insane.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If I were to claim to be an indigo, which I am, people will criticize it till others are blue in the face. I mean who cares if you don't believe in it. So what, if you feel that its a false claim. Is it really going to hurt you that I claimed such a thing? Probably not! If it does, why would it? Its just a claim and a belief. We Indigos claim to better ourselves and the human race. How and through what means? Well, we claim to spread love through out the world and share a spiritual awareness. Notice how we do not bash bibles in peoples faces by doing it. Instead we hug each other and share love. We do not believe in "guilty love" like the xians do. We do not believe that love is suposed to be about heartbreak either. We know it to be beautiful. We know it to be compassionate. We are here to love and to share it with the world. So why is it that people want to be critical about what we are trying to achieve? Do you like war and death? Do you like hate and fear? I would be more afraid of you, if you answered yes to both of those questions.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I have spoken on these forums at some length regarding the theories surrounding the concept of Indigo Children. Those who are familiar with my posts, or those unfortunate souls bored and lonely enough to actively seek them out, will know that I have argued against the existence of Indigo Children as a unique and singular phenomenon. Rather, I have explained my theories that Indigo Children represent a combination of a misunderstanding of socio-behavioural conditions and a deliberate mislabelling of such children by New Age parents who are fearful of their children being stigmatised with a mental illness.

I believe I have argued these points respectfully and with great appreciation and understanding of the arguments and beliefs of those who champion the concept of Indigo Children, as well as those who claim to be Indigos themselves. I shall not here elucidate further on these points, since such is not the object of this response, nor indeed of the initial post. Rather, I shall attempt to explain why people, myself included, express our skepticism concerning the notion of Indigo Children. I pray you will be kind enough to accept this response in the spirit in which it is intended. It is not my desire, nor indeed my place, to question your individual beliefs. You are rightly entitled to whatever beliefs or opinions you so desire and if those beliefs clash with my own, that merely reflects in my eyes the marvellous diversity we enjoy here at ATS.

The primary reason why I have argued against the notion of Indigo Children (hereafter referred to simply as Indigos) is my fear that certain children, namely those suffering from genuine socio-behavioural conditions, such as Autism or Asperger's Syndrome, might be denied effective treatment by parents who, eager to assuage their own fears concerning mental illness, declare their children to be gifted. Moreso - their children are not only gifted, but 'special', the next step in the evolutionary ladder, evidence of a greater consciousness shift. Anything but the sufferers of a condition which is feared and misunderstood. This is my primary criticism of the Indigo phenomenon - that children will be denied treatment for very real conditions in the face of fear and denial on the part of their parents. This is no idle musing on my part as I myself have suffered from Asperger's Syndrome my whole life and have seen the burdens lain upon similar children in my role as a teacher.

The second area of criticism - and one which I do not share, but document merely to bring it to your attention - is the presumed air of arrogance which surrounds the notion of Indigos. By this I mean that the very concept of Indigos comes across as somewhat cocky, or holier-than-thou. Many Indigos - though, it is vital to note, not all, or even most - have an arrogace about them as a result of their perceived superiority next to the average individual. By claiming to be the next evolutionary step, to be somehow elevated or more spiritually aware or wiser than 'normal' people, Indigos at once put themselves at odds with those to whom they compare themselves. To put it bluntly, many perceive Indigos as preachy New Agers who think they are somehow better than everybody else. In these circumstances, the message espoused by the adherents of the Indigo movement becomes lost amidst the bellowings of a few.

I pray that this poor response has served to clarify for you some of the reasons why people express criticism regarding the Indigo movement. If you are so inclined, and suitably bereft of a social life, I invite you to peruse my posts regarding the Indigo phenomenon. There you will see my poorly worded arguments against the existence of Indigos, which may serve to further solidify my reasonings. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. I shall attempt to answer them as best I can.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
To Jeremiah25,

All I can say to you, is I know from what I have experienced. I am not an indigo from belief, but by experience. I have been a psychic medium and developer for over 17 yrs. I have seen things, which you would call "miracles" happen in front of my eyes, as well as others. I have used telekenisis and clairvoyance many times. Of course people like you are too afraid to try and understand such things as being possible. Your afraid that your ego will be overwhlemed by another.

It is easy to sit around the house and think about how things can not be, but much harder to actually experience them. Its funny how your avatar picture says "deny.ignorance", when you are ignorant. Everyone is to a certain degree. It isn't deniable. That statement is a contradiction in itself. Don't deny what one person can do before you can prove it to be impossible. That is ignorance and that is what you have done to me. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "When you assume you make an ASS-out-of-U-and-ME"?

As for your "mature" post. I am not going to fall for that *stuff*. Other people might, but not me. I can read right between your lines and see that your hiding yourself.

(Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link. Also, please remember that commentary about other members is off-topic, and that personal attacks violate the T&C. It is always better to address opinions instead of the members who hold them. --Majic)

[edit on 6/25/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
In my experience it would seem that in any kind of interaction between anyone ,where one claims to be part of something where the other party seems to not be included,there will some sort of arguement.

In this day and age I have witnessed many different things and undergone many changes in my self and the way i think.

Human beings are entities who seem to as a whole change based on what we as individuals do. In any kind of new generation you should expect them to become more understanding then the last.Or atleast take some sort of different direction.not even 200 years ago in this face of mankind did we not even have the means to communicate over long distances. THe amount of information recieved during schooling could not even compare to that of which we have now.

Many off us look at ourselves or a small group of those whom seem familiar with and base what that group or mentality of the group against others or even
the rest.The problem with this is that they will assume that they are different then others or as in many of these cases better or more understanding.This can cause alot of different reactions. First off many people dont think they way we or you or anyone other person does.

Someone could have studied fate and destiny human conduct and everything in between and speak about this towards others in an open fasion,and perhaps be widely accepted for the thoughts which they share.Like I have many times in these forums. Or you can take the dubbed high road and speak against others.

No offense to you solitude in any way but as you suggested this transition to be expressed with love and understanding I would like to say that,this may be only a perception of your own.Not saying that youre wrong in anyway for you are within your own reality and who am I to speak against it,but I am a very angry person,many times I will outright destroy the ways of others or tread over what the norm is,such as speaking about scociety openly with strangers,I find in many situations you have to pry people from their positions of comfortability with a crowbar.

Personally I call myself a Scarecrow,something which I would like to think I created for myself.

Remember solitude that it might be our job to help people transcend to see and feel more then television screens and mocha cafe latee's,but the key is to know how.Many times I have ended up alo0ne and in a bad place because I pushed too much for change within others whom I had no clue about inside or the way they thought.I have had to rethink my methods many times.

another point in this is that to know something yourself is one thing,but to tell this to another is risky.Like if I were to tell people that I am the anti christ come to derail the churches from the path of unrighteousness,I may think that I'm right(and I might be heheh)aswell I may be doing this to try to help those who I speak out against,yet will telling people who I am and what I mean to do help my own situation or others?

First off noone can see in my head and do not know the things i have experienced or seen and feel about the way the world is going,In order to get where i am i had to experience many things,Now I must think will speaking from a standstill(wherte my head is at now)will anyone understand?

I dunno what im trying to say here exactly but im sure you will get what you need from this if anything

Scarecrow....

[edit on 25-6-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Furthermore,

"The second area of criticism - and one which I do not share, but document merely to bring it to your attention - is the presumed air of arrogance which surrounds the notion of Indigos. By this I mean that the very concept of Indigos comes across as somewhat cocky, or holier-than-thou. Many Indigos - though, it is vital to note, not all, or even most - have an arrogace about them as a result of their perceived superiority next to the average individual. By claiming to be the next evolutionary step, to be somehow elevated or more spiritually aware or wiser than 'normal' people, Indigos at once put themselves at odds with those to whom they compare themselves. To put it bluntly, many perceive Indigos as preachy New Agers who think they are somehow better than everybody else. In these circumstances, the message espoused by the adherents of the Indigo movement becomes lost amidst the bellowings of a few."

I do agree with this. Many of them do seem to have an EGO over what they are. Its annoying, they hear that they are "special" and take advantage of it. I am no more special than you. The only reason why I post is because I am tired of the steretypical world that we live in. Because of it I am judged by my claims of being an indigo.

There are other people who are merely, "wanna-be indigo", these are not to be confused with the real ones. When I found that I was indigo, I looked for indigo communites and found so many fakes on them. People with low insecurities wanting to be feel better about themselves. It was sickening, but I had to love them and help. Everyone at some point wants and strives to be special to the point where, they don't see how special they truely are. So they make themselves to be someone that they are not. This is where a complex comes in and through it they feel superior.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solitude
To Jeremiah25,

All I can say to you, is I know from what I have experienced.

And so do I. Your experiences have led you to believe that Indigos exist and that you yourself are one. Conversely, my own experiences have led me to believe that Indigos are a misrepresentation born out of fear. Different people will always come to different conclusions, even when presented with the same situations. However, I did not think that the purpose of this thread was to debate the existence of Indigos. There are any number of threads already covering this topic. I gave a great deal of thought as to whether or not I should reply to your initial post, but felt that your question deserved an answer. I did not respond to debate the existence of Indigos and shall refrain from doing so, given that this was not the purpose of this thread as I perceived it. My question to you is this: why did you even bother asking your initial question? You wanted to know why people were so critical of Indigos. I attempted to answer your question and believe that I did so respectfully. Yet you immediately begin to challenge me and insult me. Did you really want an answer, or is the purpose of this thread merely to rant, because there is a seperate forum for that at BTS.

Of course people like you are too afraid to try and understand such things as being possible. Your afraid that your ego will be overwhlemed by another.

People like me? You must be psychic indeed, to know all there is to know about me from one post on an online forum. What was it you said about ignorance and assuming? I am more than prepared to accept the notion of Indigos. I simply have yet to see any compelling evidence for their existence. As for ego, I am afraid that I am all too well aware of the fact that there are minds and egos far greater than mine. I am overwhelmed every day and do not shirk in saying so. Again, heeding your own advice regarding assumptions would stand you in good stead.

It is easy to sit around the house and think about how things can not be, but much harder to actually experience them.

Oh believe me, I know. I grew up in a small, intolerant country town in the bush in Australia. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at a very early age. Mental illness was not well received in my town and for years I suffered from ignorance and fear, even from my own parents. When I became a teacher, I dealt with the effects of such ignorance on a daily basis, even establishing a mental health program in my school to assist students with socio-behavioural conditions. So kindly refrain from telling me that I lack experience in such matters.

Its funny how your avatar picture says "deny.ignorance", when you are ignorant. Everyone is to a certain degree. It isn't deniable. That statement is a contradiction in itself. Don't deny what one person can do before you can prove it to be impossible. That is ignorance and that is what you have done to me. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "When you assume you make an ASS-out-of-U-and-ME"?

As I said, I never deny anything outright. I have been witness to too many unexplained phenomena not to approach certain subjects with an open mind. If there were any evidence of Indigos as anything other than a misinterpretation of socio-behavioural conditions, I would be happy to accept them. However, in my own opinion, such evidence does not exist.

As for your "mature" post. I am not going to fall for that sh*t. Other people might, but not me. I can read right between your lines and see that your hiding yourself.

Did you even read the posts? What is it you think I am hiding? My theories are presented there quite openly. Look Solitude, I don't care if you claim to be an Indigo. It doesn't worry me. I haven't got any agenda - all of my posts are in response to what others have asked or stated. If I had some sort of agenda, surely I would be chairing my own threads, spreading my message. You started this thread by asking a question. I gave you an honest reply. There isn't any double meaning or hidden agenda. It is what it is. Again, you assume too much. I trust that your next reply, should you care to post one, will consider this.

[edit on 25/6/06 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I must apologize for my own ignorance. No I haven't read any of your posts. Though I claim to be an indigo, I am still human. My hostility caused me to be judgemental towards you and clouded my true sence.

Once again I apologize.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Solitude]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Solitude, I cannot be sure whether or not the term "indigo" is referring to the next-generation of human beings. However, I am with you on the aspect that we need to get our act together and this idea can be very helpful in forwarding the agenda. I fit most if not all of the characterisitics of being indigo, but so does a handful of other people with no insight into the world around them. I believe humanity's true form happens to be "paranormal" to a certain extent. Research Lenin's "Children of Winter" (if you can find any information online I would be surprised as I haven't had much luck myself) and you will have an idea of what I'm referring to. Humans have abilities that are part of our being, but since we are told what we can and cannot do from such an early age, we shut down these areas. I believe in the eternal soul which essentially means that everyone alive now will live at some other point in history, and may have lived countless lives previously...Ok don't really know where I was going with that; I lost my train of thought. I'll comment on this later...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I guess whats really driving me insane is what we are going through. The experiences that I have been through I cannot explain and nor can doctors. New Agers consider us to be indigo where as Alien buffs think we are human hybrids(human/alien). I do know from some channeling that this world is shifting. Somthing is happening and people are affected by it. But doesn't this all the time? The world is always evolving? Of course, everything changes. Even we as humans. I'm starting to believe that its all scientific and our human evolution is taking place. If "angels" were incarnating, why would there be so many of them? If this is a result of alien abduction, then tell me when the last time it was when you saw a UFO and when someone told you that they were abducted? I believe in all possiblities, including life on other planets and psychic phenamena. I am a psychic and have been all my life. I have experienced so much that if I were to say that I didn't believe, then I would be lieing. Something is diffinately happening.

You could say that these people, like you and I, have a disorder that has yet to be discovered. If this is true than I fear for the world, because the numbers of these people are growing. It would be a 100 year old epidemic. 100 years is a long time for something to spread. Yet the numbers might be handfuls, but they are still to low. Plus, researchers and doctors would have known of it by now. They would have a name for it and know its symptoms. They might even have a medication for it?

Whatever it might be, its here and its real. Otherwise we wouldn't be discussing it.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Solitude]

top topics

join