It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video for you if its a repost sorry.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is a pretty common hot air balloon type, and has been responsible for more than one pic or sighting...

As for any differences, there's certainly nothing preventing one making their own balloon, or modifying a purchased one. Simply put, nothing in the video that couldn't be explained by a hot air balloon, and the basket shape and apparent pilot flame seem to seal the deal....

Remember, sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one...and in this case, I think most would agree that custom balloon is more likely than extraterrestrial craft given the evidence in this case.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
lol, if it was a real UFO then why the hell did he cut the video?!
I'm pissed when I see crap like this...

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul

An excellent point. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

Perhaps it was in that same instance when they realized what it was ... not?!

pimped out hot air balloon, IMO.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This video has been discussed here before. It's a ufo shaped blimp with internal lights made for a documentary titled UFO produced by Central Independent Television and released on the Science Frontiers tv show by The Learning Channel in October 11, 1994.

The UFO blimp became very famous in the UK after that and was shown also in other tv shows as well. It's the one in those photographs.

Here is a segment of the UFO 1994 documentary with the blimp and comments by Nick Pope.

s75.photobucket.com...¤t=UFOBlimpFakeavi.flv

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think its a balloon if you look near the base just befor it ends you'll see what looks like a small light, I think its the burnner for the hot air I might be wrong because if it was why don't it light up the whole thing which could be explained by have in the right type of fabric, but I dont know.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
looked real at first but as soon as i saw the hto air baloon info im convinced its a fake. Why is there never any sound?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
Why is there never any sound?

Because it's fake?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
I'm pissed when I see crap like this...

Hi, i am glad to see my first post made 2 pages thanks.I will say this from what i gathered there are two video there one that may or may not be real and one that is most certain the ballon your are talking about .The 2nd scene is the debunk coverup scene .Notice the speed of the car in the first part as trees are passing by notice the object in questiion is traveling about the same speed or close a ballon is very very slow. I am looking for a better link to the coverup link but i am not having any luck.There was also more of the video showing the object traveling faster again but it seems it has vanished of the entire web .At one time i had that video but i was hacked and lost everyting i had.If i had the true story and the real first part of the video you would see the truth and the coverup.Now like everything else its debunked.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Why the hell people make balloons to look like UFOs and even add some light to them? In the end it is a fake. lol got me fooled first.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
i don't think it's a ballon, unless there was enough wind to make move at around the cars speed. Also the shappe of the craft looks to much like a typical hoax shape, but considering those lights on it and the speed it was at at the end make it look more real. But i think it's fake.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Rappa Z]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
As far as I can make out, this is a re-hash of some footage shot during the English multi-millionaire Richard Branson's hoax UFO Balloon in 1989.

Sadly, I can't find decent photos on the web of it, but as I recall the balloon was tricked out in running lights, and lit up fully when the burner was engaged.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Gotta vote for balloon here sorry.

The thing is unless it's daylight and the UFO is moving slowly and then streaks off, well i don't accept it as evidence.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Most likely a balloon. For those that say it's moving with the car's speed, you have to think about perspective. This balloon in the first two angles was at a far distance. The further away from an obejct you are, the longer you're going to be able to see it. Think of 2 highways running perpendicular to where you are at, half a a mile apart. The car going 60 mph on the closer road is going to appear to be moving much faster than the one on the further away road. This is kind of the opposite ... if you were in the car viewing a stationary person, the further away you are the longer you will see it. Kinda like it seems like distant skyscrapers "follow" you when you're on an interstate near a large city. They don't actually move but the distance alone keeps them in your field of vision for a long time. Mentally you think "I'm moving fast" and "this object is in my field of vision for a long time" so your brain determines that the object is also moving fast. Of course we know skyscrapers are stationary, so that thought is quickly dismissed. But aircraft are a different story.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation. If it was REALLY flying along at the car's speed it would be the size of the last angle in the first two angles. It's all about perspective.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
WOW...a grainy picture of a UFO at night...that has to be a first!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

Mod edit: Picture #2 was way too big. It's now a link

[edit on 2006/6/27 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm certain it's a balloon...

I think I remember seeing this EXACT video (the car driving & everything) on TV talking about the balloon (and UFOs)...

Only the video I saw on TV had much better lighting. I think someone took that exact video, then applied a filter to it to make it appear very dark...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
Interesting vid.

It does have a striking resemblance to this balloon though.

But wouldnt the baloon by bright unlike in the video? Its bright in the picture.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
In the picture the flame is on and so it's brighter, but the flame isn't always on in a balloon. They use the flame to gain altitude in controlled bursts.

So no it wouldn't be as bright when the flame is off. can we please move on, it's a balloon, we have a picture of the same thing in better light!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I agree with the poster that mentioned that the first 15 seconds of the video do not appear to be a balloon.

The last 9 seconds could be a balloon but nobody here has yet produced a picture that I can say 'Yeah it's that balloon.'

Also I noticed something that has not been mentioned here yet which I found most interesting in the vid, the craft approached power lines and seemed to be activated in some way by this interaction.

It is believed in UFology that some alien craft have been tapping into the power grid in order to recharge their ships. People have watched this activity before and reported it.

Is that what is happening here I don't know as it could be a balloon that just happens to cross power lines or raise and lower near such lines. But why would a real balloon do that is it not DANGEROUS??

If a person had a license they should lose it.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
maybe the alien was stealing our energy,

first of all when you steal stuff do you drive up with your lights on

and do you want someone to catch you on tape

if they can make a saucer fly cant they avoid some stupid humans

also if you didnt notice driver in said video drove on left of car the website where pics were post was a .uk

plus if the craft was on the powerlines how come it hovered near them ever touchig them

without toucing them itcant get electricity unless it does so through the air and eletricity through the air looks like this

video.google.com...

very noticable i think

[edit on 27-6-2006 by eyeblack42]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join