It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion or science?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Have anything to hold up your claims JM? Darwin has science, creationists have a book with monsters and giants a other nonsense stuff.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Mr james the more wrong.

Just a joke!

You said that darwin has science and creationists have a book.

Well science cannot prove evolution. There are faults in the methods that the evolution scientists use to try and prove the nonsense evolution theory.

We as creationists are not interested in solid evidence. The main criteria needed is Faith, this is what pleases God and he Greatly honours and blesses those who believe in him.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101 ...people who believe in a supernatural theology to the point where they percieve an omnipotent force controling the universe...

This is where I think you've misinterpreted me...I don't believe God is actively controlling the universe. He gave us this planet for us to learn how to control ourselves. So far, we seem to have done a pretty piss-poor job of it.

Besides, who gave you the right to make the determination of who is mentally stable or not? Where's your degree in Psychology? Would you be willing to scan & post it here to prove it?

Originally pasted by JediMaster The main criteria needed is Faith, this is what pleases God and he Greatly honours and blesses those who believe in him.
If this is true, why do you put your Faith in that book (A book that was written by *men*, unless you can prove that God picked up parchment & quill to write it Himself, in His own hand)? My Faith *is* in God, not a book or any organization made by men.

[Edited on 31-10-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You right Steward, creationists aren't interseted in evidence for there is none. While we(evolutiuonists) have fossils, studies, science, and other things to prove it.

But evolutionists are. For evidence so far, that I have read and seen, convince me that evolution is correct.

Over a book with a giant named Goliath, a guy who is said to be "pure" good, and one to be "pure" evil. Nothing is pure, there is always something in someone that makes them unclean, look at god. He kills thousands with the first born. Then locusts, that could cause starvation, which kills, and so forth. Gee, is genocide and starving people "pure" good? And so far satan has not wantiong to be a slave, fighting for his freedom, and well, he doesn't show up alot after that. Well, god tries to show his dick(aka ego, I've noticed most men have their ego's resting in that spot, lol) is bigger than satans when he kills a man's freinds, family, live stock, crops, and ruins him to see if he would still praise him.

Of course, truth thinks satan is everywhere. The pope, technology, anyone who says that he wrong, and so forth. I mean, he snapped in a post. Said the Jews and Mauslim and the rest were going to be lead by satan or something and people like him, people who have god talking to them in thier heads and stuff would beat them and go to heaven. Wait, they get to heaven by killing Jews and Mauslim? Wow, sounds like what Mauslim think in Middle East. If I blow up a Jew, I go to Allah with seven virgins waiting for me! BOOM!!!!!! Well, isn't it the only truth?

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewards

Well science cannot prove evolution.

You have fallen for the Hovind conspiracy. That statement is false, and by continuing to say so, you are a party to the lie you once said was unchristian.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't care what the Fundies say...If I can find actual *proof* of God, that would only strengthen my Faith.

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 08:10 AM
link   
How interesting is this topic I have stumbled upon. Science theories or laws may have been agreed upon, but by whom? Imperfect humans that want to explain their existence? I find it hard to agree sometimes, with that idea. I understand there are many things we can't explain or can explain and that with that desire to explain, we sometimes jump to the easiest conclusion. I understand that there are forces like gravity etc, that are just obvious. (If I jump off a building I will fall) but to back an answer with it was agreed upon, that isn't an answer.
I like science, the fact that I can figure out how things work like little gears in a big moving clock, but I don't accept that as the idea of man's creation. I don't feel like that science is the complete case- closed answer to our existence. That's what I think people don't try to explain is the deep down inside feeling that science just doesn't cut the taco.

Science being of the Devil, well that is just a little off key for me. Science can be used for good and for bad. Just as religion can be used for good for bad(sorry no collection plate donations from me). I do think that there is a pure and true religion out there and that God can and does talk to people who are "in tune".
But there are sects of religious thought that have brought about such death and bloodshed in the name of "GOD". I mean look at the history of Catholicism, Islam, even Jewish thought, and how many people were destroyed and killed in the name of the God(Oh by the way He is all-loving and all-caring, WE aren't).

But these are double edged swords that will not be agreed upon correctly. you can debate both sides of the issue until you are blue in the face, and never get a point across.

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 03:39 PM
link   
James, I have evidence to support my claim. Faith in God. I do not belive in evolution. I think that it is impossible to have come from monkeys. I will go to Heaven for my faith.

The faithless will be damned forever to Hell.

When Jesus comes again that is evidence that we came from God.

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ok, when he comes back.. He was gonna come on year 1000. Didn't. Then he was gonna come on year 2000. Didn't. Gee, I wonder why the "savoir" misses those dates. He should have come, been waiting 2000 years.

And what is amazing is that people are expecting him because of a book. A book with a giant, with a couple of monsters, with a invisible all powerful being, and other paranormal nonsense. I'm surprised Big Foot and Loch Ness didn't make an appearance.

Heck, it even has a few U.F.O. sightings in it! And what do we call those people? Either drunk rednecks or psychotic. Sure, now a days they sometimes are listened to, and some even have proof, but still, U.F.O.s are still in the science fiction section, where the Bible belongs.

[Edited on 1-11-2002 by James the Lesser]

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 07:09 PM
link   
All the apostles...every last one of them, believed "Jesus" was going to return with in their life times......

....Jeeze haven't they been dead awhile?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMasterI do not belive in evolution.

How do you know that God didn't use evolution as one of His tools to create us? Answering this question has the potential of opening another can of worms...

Originally posted by JediMasterThe faithless will be damned forever to Hell.

Check out the linked sites & pages here (what-the-hell-is-hell.com...) to see the *real* truth about Hell & how the scriptures describe it...It's origins & differences between scripture & generally-taught lies. Until you do, don't talk to me about Hell.

[Edited on 1-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
here is my particular view on the topic

www.michaelsharp.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
science is a religion

i like the big bang theory

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
when man first burnt himself with fire, religion was born...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join