It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Files Tactical Overview/OSINT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

CONUS suspect potential known/unknown activities, areas of operation.

[align=center]
[/align]

Looking for more info on this, any one interested in seeing if this map is accurate or not?

Also, unsure where the image was saved from. Any body who knows the source, please post or u2u, thanks.

[edit on 24-6-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Found the map or similar facsimilies on google image search

Here

Here

Here

And Here

Hope that helps your quest ADVISOR

Phoenix

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
None of those were it, would recognize it for sure. Looking like it maybe in circulation from what you found, decent start at least.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
ADVISOR,

Your map is accurate. I did not think that it was in public release yet though?

There is also one that overlays and indicates the possible domestic terror outlets as well.

Semper

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I find it very hard to beleive that that map is accurate. It lists there are being al qaida in boston.

THe onyl way to actually know if they are there is to have it confirmed in some way, I find it very doubtful that anyone knows that al qaida is there and is doing nothing about it. I also find it doubtful that there's an actual al qaida cell in this country still that hasn't carried out an attack.

As far as groups like Hamas, they do maintain political fronts, so they very well might have offices in those cities.

But al qaida? I should think not.

Advisor
None of those were it

?

This is the same image
www.doglegs.net...

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have no way of verifying that.

I only know that that is one of the maps in common use during a lot of briefings.

And remember, saying you are Al-Quada is not illegal, plotting against the Government is.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Semper it has been out since 2002, I wasn't sure of how circulated it was. Can see how the other maps with red fit in. This material should have been more available, too bad it wasn't. Would have been of great use when the FBI released their report, what was it a few years ago at most.

I'm not impressed with how things have been handled, and am confident ATSers together can surpass the current handlers. Yeah I am saying the government is beyond jacked up, they are past FUBAR and into the delusional river of denial.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Here's another map, though it shows the network existing a couple of years ago.
Comparing the two maps we can track the movement/shifting of these terror cells.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Can't argue that one Advisor.

Like I stated there are several overlays as well that indicate various levels of threat assessment and "other" domestic potential threats.

Also this come right out of the DHS, FERC, National Infrastructure and Tactical Assessment handbook. There are updates, but there is alot of intelligence out there, and more developing everyday.

Semper

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
That is what I am talking about, bringing the need to know and those who want to know, up to speed. It is essential that tabs are kept not only by the gov but also by the public. Going in blind is the last thing any one wants let alone needs. Preventive measures are better practiced than not, there is no excuse any more.

Going to keep my eyes open for more recent if not current map/s, a comparison from year to year would be good to have.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
A little more to work with, this should be fairly recent enough to get the point across.

Al Qaeda: Profile and Threat Assessment (PDF)
K. Katzman, Congressional Research Service, February 10, 2005
This report summarizes current thinking on the threat posed by Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda sympathizers.
Link
Threat Assessment

Ok, now going back to more up to date searches.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
And remember, saying you are Al-Quada is not illegal, plotting against the Government is.

Any group claiming to be a part of al qaida clearly is illegal, its a criminal organization of international terrorists, its not illegal to be a fundamentalist muslim, it is illegal to be a member of al qaida, just like it'd be illegal to be a member of the SS and be walking around Boston during WWII. If there are known al qaida organizations out there, not only should its members be rounded up and shot, but every government official that knew of their existence and did nothing should also be rounded up and shot along with them.

Comparing the two maps we can track the movement/shifting of these terror cells.

The maps seem to basically be taken from that book "American Jihad". The colored map has 'other news sources' added but it looks to be the same map in general.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Ok can't help it, just figured any back ground shared is better than not.

The World Trade Center bombing heralded a new era--but not one of increased numbers of foreign-directed terrorist acts in the United States. Rather, it has led to a renewed and enhanced focus on responding to the international terrorist threat confronting the American people.

Foreign Terrorists in America

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Your map is accurate. I did not think that it was in public release yet though?

The map is not very accurate and it's been released since 2002 when the documentary American Jihad by Steven Emerson first hit the shelves.

I didn't read the book, but a friend of mine read it and said it was the biggest pile of BS he's ever read. Emerson, imo, has done a great job (overall) in documenting radical Islam....so I'm not sure what to think
of the map.

Maybe by saying "militant Islamic groups" he really means Mosques and Muslim communities that have strong ties to militant groups in the middle east. Yeah, I know, it's a bad twist of words.

[edit on 25/6/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
OK, Update,

Just checked the Legal Library.

It is NOT illegal to proclaim yourself a member of Al-Quada. It is stupid and will get the attention of the Feds, and put you under surveillance, but you can proclaim yourself a Nazi as well as an Oyster Shucker.

Outlaw Biker Gangs are traditionally involved in Illegal Activity, yet proclaiming yourself one is not Illegal. Belonging to any organization does not fall under the legal/illegal mantel. I doubt that they give out membership cards, so proving it would be a little tricky as well, and self proclamation is not proof of illegal activity.

We actually know of several Al-Quada organizations here in the south, and they are kept under close watch. However, until they conspire to do something, or take some action, their membership is only suspect.

Semper

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wednesdays 21, last week CSPAN covered the grant money for defense against terrorism. Charles Ramsey argued a great point, and was awsome!

This is in my opinion very related to this thread, it covers the most recent events.

Hearing on Anti-Terrorism Funding Cuts

[edit on 25-6-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

We actually know of several Al-Quada organizations here in the south, and they are kept under close watch.

This is absurd and irresponsible. THe US is at war with al-qaida. Any and all people who swear oaths to al-qaida or proclaim to be al-qaida need to be arrested, hauled off to jail, and charged with conspiracy to commit mass murder and have the death penatly administered.

I've really got to say, if you are a government official, charged with prosecuting and combating these people, its absolutely horrifying to hear you say that there are known groups of them that are 'perfectly acceptable'.

I can understand not arresting muslim fundamentalists, even ones who are anti-american and pro-sharia in the US. But anyone that actually proclaims to be al-qaida is, de facto, part of the conspiracy and the enemy.

A person can be a member of the American Nazi Party now, yes. But you could'nt've been a member of the German Nazi Party during WWII.

However, until they conspire to do something

Membership in an intnerational terrorist organization is conspiracy to commit mass murder, terrorism, and sabotague.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You say all of this now, and I agree with you whole heartedly.

Yet one of the loudest voices being heard in American at this time is those calling for the prisoners to be released from Gitmo. Actual combat persons, caught fighting OUR men and women not just swearing an allegance. yet many would have them returned to kill more of our men and women.

Imagine the furor and calls for impeachment should we arrest someone for only taking an oath.

No, I am sorry, but with the political climate as it is, that is not possible. Even here I see statements like "The So Called War" and "The Illegal War," It is a sad state of affairs, yet it exists.

We do not know for sure that anyone in those organizations has taken an oath either. What we have is intelligence pointing to groups that have either indicated a tie to, or verbally support those organizations. Neither of which is "Probable Cause" for an arrest.

There is ALOT!!! you could not have done in WWII, back then we were a country of Honor and a country of citizens that believed in what we stood for. So that is really a bad analogy.

Semper

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You say all of this now, and I agree with you whole heartedly.

Yet one of the loudest voices being heard in American at this time is those calling for the prisoners to be released from Gitmo.

Lets just be clear, there is a BIG difference between someone in afghanistan saying saying "Yusef al-public is a member of al-qaida" and someone saying "I am a member of al-qaida". No doubt, since we have taken to gitmo peopel who have merely been accused by their countrymen that they are al-qaida, that we have some peopel that are perfectly innocent.
But if there is an actual structure, group, organization, club, cell, that says 'we are the Boston branch of al-qaida', then deadly force shoudl be used to bring them in, and if they actually did claim that and it can be demonstrated in court, then they should be executed/sent to prison for life.

Actual combat persons, caught fighting OUR men and women not just swearing an allegance. yet many would have them returned to kill more of our men and women.
I seriously doubt that anyone actually caught firing upon our soldiers or actually witnessed to have done so was released. People like "Johnny Jihda" (lindh) were caught, on the field, but not witnessed to have been shooting, and were sent to a limited prison term.

Imagine the furor and calls for impeachment should we arrest someone for only taking an oath.

I'm sorry, but, if anyone is actually not arresting peopel who've pledged oaths to bin ladin/al-qaida, because they are concerned about politics, then they should be thrown out of office, and possibly sent to prison for enabling the enemy.

What we have is intelligence pointing to groups that have either indicated a tie to, or verbally support those organizations. Neither of which is "Probable Cause" for an arrest.

Indeed, it isn't, and it also wouldn't justify making a map that says 'Boston: Hamas, Islamic Jihad, al-Qaida".

I mean, yes, I am sure that there are organizations that look like they are connected to al-qaida, but haven't done anything arrestable, but you are saying that there are actual known al-qaida groups or self proclaiming al-qaida cells in the US. That can not be tolerated.

So that is really a bad analogy.

Even in wwii and wwi there were peace parties and groups calling for non-interventionism, and even there were German Bunde parties, calling for aiding and siding with the germans.

But for anyoen at a time of war to say " I am the enemy", it is simply not legal, it is not just arrestable, but it warrants sending the federal US Army to capture/kill them, on the spot.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
In light of recent events, and the passing of monday this week, is there any further info we could add to this threads material?

There is still a threat out there, even if it is not known to us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join