It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Hagee and his plans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity

It also says

With that goal in mind, mega-church pastors recently met in Inglewood to polish strategies for using global communications and aircraft to transport missionaries to fulfill the Great Commission: to make every person on Earth aware of Jesus' message. Doing so, they believe, will bring about the end, perhaps within two decades.

Dangerously lethal plans, huh, rollinoffset?

Could be lethal when you consider that Hagee's cohort, Delay, holds some pretty deadly power in his hands. Any one not heard of the investigations into his redistricting down in Texas? His corruption is well documented and his affinity for zealotry scares me.

Also consider that Inhofe has repetedly stifled EPA regulations and other ecological concerns becuse he dosn't feel them important. He uses his chairman's position to help wreck the environment to hasten the coming of the rapture.

In addition, I've never been a fan of force fed, missionary style religous fervor. pun intended. I still am concerned that Hagge and others like him from other religions will stop at nothing to fullfill their prophises.

edited to add content

[edit on 26-6-2006 by rollinoffset]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rollinoffset
Lot's of talk about Hagee and is ideology, but no response to my questions.
Anyone out there with opinions or information on what some of these end times groups may be doing to hasten the onset of their version of the rapture?

Anything they can, no doubt...but even if there were such a thing as a group rapture-group-lift-off (to where, anyway? the moon? Sedna?)--God is not about to be hurried or coerced by greedy, self-oriented, Pharisees.

Woe to those who draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin with cart ropes;
who say, Let Him hurry and hasten His work, so that we may see it;
and let the purpose of the Holy One of Israel draw near and come,
so that we may know!
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil;
who put darkness for light and light for darkness;
who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
(Isaiah 5:18-20 KJV)

He's got a good end planned--for everyone. God, alone, in that day will be exalted. Not John Hagee or any person.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity

It also says

With that goal in mind, mega-church pastors recently met in Inglewood to polish strategies for using global communications and aircraft to transport missionaries to fulfill the Great Commission: to make every person on Earth aware of Jesus' message. Doing so, they believe, will bring about the end, perhaps within two decades.

Dangerously lethal plans, huh, rollinoffset?

Could be lethal when you consider that Hagee's cohort, Delay, holds some pretty deadly power in his hands. Any one not heard of the investigations into his redistricting down in Texas? His corruption is well documented and his affinity for zealotry scares me.

Also consider that Inhofe has repetedly stifled EPA regulations and other ecological concerns becuse he dosn't feel them important. He uses his chairman's position to help wreck the environment to hasten the coming of the rapture.

In addition, I've never been a fan of force fed, missionary style religous fervor. pun intended. I still am concerned that Hagge and others like him from other religions will stop at nothing to fullfill their prophises.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by rollinoffset]

How does one force-feed with religious fervor? Do you not have a remote? A car to drive away in?

Where is your documentation that Delay is his cohort? Are you sure Inhofe doesn't have other nefarious reasons for "wrecking the environment"? How does that "hasten the rapture" anyway? You have really lost me on this reasoning.

Is Jesus going to look down and say, "Oh, wow, they've gone and ruined the environment, got to go snatch some of them out of there!"?

If anyone thinks they are going to move the hand of God by destroying anything, especially His creation, they have another think coming, imo.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Curiosity, Follow the second link I provided, Delay's and Inhofe's support of Hagee is documented there. There are also several mainstream news sources that have documented this as well. Try searching on The San Antonio Express-News site for examples.

Didn't I hear something about a desolated land being a part of the rapture prophesy? Stop environmental invprovement legislation in this day and age and a desolate landscape is not far away.

I have a remote, and I can turn away missionaries at my door, but not everyone in the world has that option. I would refer to several known points in history that testify to the havoc a group of zealous missionaries can deliver to a society.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Here's a quote from an article I found since I began looking into this:

" DeLay is also a self-declared member of the Christian Zionists, an End-Time faction numbering 20 million Americans, reports The Christian Science Monitor. Christian Zionists believe that the 1948 creation of the state of Israel marked the first event in what author Hal Lindsey calls the “Countdown to Armageddon” and they are committed to making that doomsday clock tick faster, speeding Christ’s return.

In 2002, DeLay visited pastor John Hagee’s Cornerstone Church. Hagee preached a fiery message as simple as it was horrifying: “The war between America and Iraq is the gateway to the apocalypse!” he said, urging his followers to support the war in order to bring about the Second Coming. After Hagee finished, DeLay rose to second the motion. “Ladies and gentlemen,” he said, “What has been spoken here tonight is the truth from God.” "

from Glenn Scherer
on: sierraactivist.org...

Okay, rollinoffset, I see how Delay 'rising to second the motiion' could lead you to think that he and Hagee are "cohorts", i mean, after all, they AGREED on something concerning something about "The war between America and Iraq is the gateway to the apocalypse!" By the way, in the present church system, no one 'rises to second a motion' about something being preached. That is reserved for committee meetings and the like, what should have been said, to be accurate, if it happened at all, was that Delay 'rose and agreed' with Hagee.

Did Hagee orchestrate the war? Delay? Preachers say things all the time, and I've been a Christian over 30 years now, about how this or that is a "sign of the times". They may even have urged the congregation to "support" the government in something. I believe Hagee might have urged his congregation to "support the war". He may believe that the war in Iraq is a sign of the times.

SO WHAT?! Did that mean that anyone there was going to video tape a "post-my-death" program for his family and congregation, strap a portable bomb to himself and walk into a crowd of civilians somewhere screaming "The RAPTURE" and blow himself and them to bits????? THAT is mania and that is what you are intimating that Hagee is "stirring up". THAT IS NOT THE CHRISTIAN WAY.

How do Christians "support" worthy causes? They send money to starving children, the do fund-raisers for support groups that go and minister to people who cannot help themselves, they save lives, spread the Good News of Jesus Christ's atonement being for everyone everywhere, they provide tents for Afghanis, bread for Africans, food for American children from poor families, they build houses in union with those who have no other way of owning a house.

THAT is Christian support.

Oh, yeah, they restrain themselves from talking smack about those who call themselves Christians even if they themselves have doubts about the proclaimers honesty, lest they find themselves to have been "fighting against God".

They honor the powers that be even if the powers that be are obviously unclean vessels because the Scriptures say there is no power but such as is established by God. They may not understand why someone like Clinton is in office but they honored him as president or they were going against the very book they profess to believe in. And believe me, I heard many a sermon that said the Christians were responsible for his having held office because they didn't turn out in force and VOTE.

They honor their country because God has blessed her and they must as well to be in agreement with Him, even if they don't agree with every move American government officials take.

As for 'hastening' the day of Armageddon, I've already said and been seconded that no man can hasten the day of the Lord, except through radical obedience and faith.

2 Peter 3:11-12 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?

Notice it is written that the "coming of the day of God" is the cause of the heavens being on fire and melting. Not some congregation of however many humans.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well put Curiousity, a little knowledge added to the discussion puts things in the proper light.

I'm would be much more concerned about the world without the John Hagee's than the world with him.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hagee asserts that the Palestinians areas must be returned to Israel as part of the prophesy. Encouraging and supporting the Israli attacks on the Palastinians seems to me to be a very warlike step in hastening the rapture. As I write this post the news is showing images of Israli tanks rolling into the Gaza strip. People ARE dying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To say that Hagee's congregation is prepared to be sucide bombers is taking an extreme view of this discussion. I am more concerned with following the monetary support that Hagee provides. I am also concerned with his political alliances and "back room" deals that affect the rest of the citizens of the US.

Hagee is the easiest example of this rapture seeking crowd. There are several others from all edges of the religious spectrum that have made statements to the effect that they will attempt to hasten the coming of the end times. I feel this is a situation that we should all watch closely.

edited to add content

[edit on 27-6-2006 by rollinoffset]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
I'm would be much more concerned about the world without the John Hagee's than the world with him.

Well, then it is a good thing for all of us (you AND me AND the rest of us) that GOD loves the whole world--the John Hagees just the same as the Sun Matrixes and just the same as the queen annies....

Be ye therefore perfect, as your FATHER in heaven is perfect.

LOVE your NEIGHBOR as YOURSELF.

LOVE yourself a bit more if you need to.

JUST LOVE, man....

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Well, then it is a good thing for all of us (you AND me AND the rest of us) that GOD loves the whole world--the John Hagees just the same as the Sun Matrixes and just the same as the queen annies....

Be ye therefore perfect, as your FATHER in heaven is perfect.

LOVE your NEIGHBOR as YOURSELF.

LOVE yourself a bit more if you need to.

JUST LOVE, man....

Now there's the Queenannie that I'm used to. What happened to the Annie that was releasing things from the pit?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Same annie.

It's my pit, dear. To release and restrain.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Maybe Hagee should run across them Mulderites. Maybe they can teach him a thing or two about the Truth. Not. LOL. I'd laugh if he actually went in that direction. Never mind. I'm bored. Off to work now. See you.

Wisconsin

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Wisconsin]

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Considering the events of the past few months, the rise of Ilhan Omar, and the MSM push to validate Palestine, I think it pertinent to revisit a 15 yr old thread.

Again I ask is there a segment of TPTB that are attempting to fulfill the end times prophecies?

Nikki Haley doing her part, and what's Delay up to these days?

www.sdjewishworld.com/2021/06/08/hagee-haley-to-lead-solidarity-mission-to-israel/

“In a world where antisemitism is on the rise and there are growing calls for Israel’s destruction, Pastor Hagee, Diana and the team at CUFI are doing God’s work. They understand how important it is to stand with our friends. It’s an honor to join them on CUFI’s solidarity mission with Israel and her people,” Haley said.

ETA: Yes, I am the author of the original thread.
edit on 21-6-2021 by quercusrex because: Clarification.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

It tends to be my belief that its possible there is a large zionist infiltrator element within the ranks of the fundementalists driving them towards blind, rabid support of israel and all things israeli, even at the cost of their own nations.

Sounds like more of a political statement than a religious statement. Kind of anti semitic don't you think? My understanding is that most all nations are zionist with their own standard. What is wrong with being zionist? Do you understand what zionist means?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rollinoffset

who

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: newsman343435

never heard of him

link   

pastor jack schapp

link   

pastor jack schapp is bad

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
IF John hagee truly believes how
'great' judiasm is, then he should convert Lol.
Why he has not, is because he
is only a tool
for a political foreign agency.
Those that are baited by his hook, line, and sinker,
have no education as how
CONTRARY the two religions really are.
(esp. concerning
beliefs in the there-after,
Jesus, rituals, material assets, money,
marriage, blood-lines, keter crowns, kabbalah)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rollinoffset

Seems he is trying to influence policy makers in regard to Genesis 12:3 and not trying to hasten the rapture. Hastening the rapture would be preaching the gospel to everyone on Earth.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wisconsin

Are you trying to postulate on Matthew 7:22? Those are unsaved people Jesus is talking about, not people with faith and little good works. 1 Corinthians 3:15 addresses people who are saved but have no works that remain, they receive no rewards.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join