It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can dark matter be died off galaxies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Is it possible for a galaxy to completely die off? You know.. like stars do. I was reading a thread on this forum located here and I started thinking is it possible for a galaxy to die off? And if it is then could this be the dark matter in the Universe that scientists are trying to explain?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It's possible, but then I would also think that the matter would be identifiable.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
There has got to be more to dark matter than that because it is also necessary to explain what it is that galaxies carry along that avoids their disintegrating. Without it they would fly apart. Dark matter could be nothing more than numberless dead STARS --spent stars, dark hulks that we can't see because they are dark objects on a dark background.
ยบ

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
there is nothing dead about dark matter. Its completly neutrino like and very much another source of EM energy.

Macrento..you should look into it more. When the universe expands, it's the dark matter that causes that effect.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
How is dark matter recorded and seen? This is hard to find out right now.

The study of dark matter will change the world forever..and perhaps religion. This is so amazing to see galaxies with a ground like negative pressure that gravitates but emits no light at all. If spectrescopes can pick up dark matter now, then astronomy will be changed forever. This is huge.

[edit on 8/22/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
That is not the theory of Dark Matter, and anyway, someone may have already proven the what and the it of it all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.physorg.com...

new topics

top topics

join