It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do I Leave?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am so angry!!!!

Ive worked my a$$ off at one stable yard for over 6months now. sometimes 13 hour days and i get paid
all!!!!

I'm deffintly leaving. People who do less work than me get paid more, I'm treated like

The owner - makes fun of my piercings, Makes me do his jobs (He wont even feed our guard dog or walk it!!) He calls me stupid (Says I will never become a doctor because i wouldnt even be able to count how many lungs a person has...*rolls eyes*), He makes fun of me when I stutter.. (I stutter around new people sometimes cause i'm nervous and he immitates and makes fun) and talks about me behind my back.

The volunteers - constantly get free lessons and stuff while I look after all the horses and get nothing for it.

Yard manager - I look up to her so much but recently shes just decided she doesnt like me. I think.

I had five days off in like 3 months and got shouted at and called a part timer.

I have 55 pounds worth of riding booked this week... so I have to go to them or I know he wont give me my money back.

The problem - how do I leave? He will go MAD
And I really hate confrontation. I will try tell the part owner cause she is lovely but i dont know when I can get down there when shes there and he's not. :bash:

I'm going to get shouted at so bad

Sorry for ranting I just had to

I have plenty of horses to ride so thats not a problem. Am also buying my own like really soon so I dont need to be there anyway!

Any advice on how to go about leaving would REALLY be apreciated! sorry this was so long

Blue x

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
They sound a bunch of meany weenies!

If I were you I would get to your local Citizens Advice Bureau and tell the you are being victimised in your workplace.

check out the following Link

don't let the poopy-heads grind you down.. he's probably the type to marry his cousin... I never trust those country land owners types..

best of luck.

[edit on 24/6/06 by Creeping Jesus]

[edited vulgarity -nygdan]

[edit on 24-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Write him a letter?

Ok, you don't like getting yelled at (who does?) but since you've probably seen about the worst it can get, go for the gusto. When you get to work, do what you think absolutely needs to be done, then saddle up your favorite steed there and just take out your 55 in trade. Go for a ride, as far away from the abusers as you can get.

If anyone asks, tell them you're testing the tack. The worse they can do is fire you right?

Problem solved.

p.s. Keep doing it until they do, you may get more than your 55's worth.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by crookedblue
He calls me stupid (Says I will never become a doctor because i wouldnt even be able to count how many lungs a person has

There's no reason to stay if the guy is doing that. There's no reason for any of us to but up with people like that.

And I really hate confrontation.

You should just step up to it. You're not going to regret quiting to the face of some jerk that calls you stupid.

He has no right to shout at you.

Any advice on how to go about leaving would REALLY be apreciated!

Just walk up to him and tell him that you can't work here anymore. If he asks why, tell him that you're not going to work for someone that doesn't appreciate the work that they do. Let him yell, what do you care, you don't work for him anymore after that.

Unless you are saying that the guy is physically dangerous, its difficult to tell through a discussion board.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I hate confrontations and I hate getting yelled at too, but if you keep putting up with this bull then you could end up with even more serious issues down the line, possibly even a nervous breakdown.

If he yells at you when you tell him you're leaving, just remember he is the one being a jerk...not you!

[edit on 24-6-2006 by snowflake_obsidian]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the replys all.

I called in sick today. I just couldnt face it.

I'm going to do my jumping lesson on wednesday, and my trek on thursday, and I'm going to demand the wages I am owed.

Then I'm either going to talk to the part owner (the nice one) or if not i'm just not going to turn up.

My friend offered to tell them that I fell off Rocky or Jack or someone (another horse I ride, different yard) so I had the opportunity to come back. But that wont work because I'm buying a horse off somebody the owner knows (She doenst like him and we are keeping it on the quiet but ya know) and if she hears ive fell off and im hurt then she will think I cant have the horse blah blah

The things I put up with for horses ey :shk:

ETA:

My friends just told me that a while back the yard manager said 'oh she needs to wake up shes going to get a kick in the head one day!' meaning off her.

Great.

[edit on 25/6/06 by crookedblue]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hi Crookedblue,

I hate it when people think that just because they are the boss they can treat people like sh*t!!!!

I really feel for you and I think the quicker you leave the better you will feel, Can you take a friend with you when you quit (maybe a guy) for moral support, who can step in and say we are going if he gets abusive. I would volunteer but I live in the UK!!

We all go to work for the same reasons, to earn money!! Hes no different from you, so dont feel so worried about telling him to shove it (even if you do it by phone)!!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
CB, there's no need to work yourself up. The pay isn't enough for the job, and your boss is an insulting jerk, you have every right in the world to quit and get a new job, heck, you have a responsibility to yourself to not work at that job. So you don't need to upset yourself over it. If you tell him that you are quiting, and he blows up, heck, that only further justifies your quitting.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Just tell him he smells worse than an unmucked stable.
And your sensitive nose can't take it anymore.
Then, of course, ride off into the sunset, for maximum effect.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
crooked, I know that you feel trapped right now - but you'll feel so much better once you stand up to your supervisor and tell him that you quit. You can even take a friend, as suggested, for moral support.

If, for some reason, you just cannot do this - just write the letter and do it that way. No one needs to be treated like that for any reason.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Wow, I can't beleive how nasty some people can be. I actually feel really bad reading that.
Unfortunately I know too many who have been treated like "
" by their bosses. Some 'types' of people tend to get treated worse than others too. Maybe you need to stick up for yourself rather than being a doormat? This might gain you respect as some ass****s thrive on unconfident people. Or just leave and get a job in a different stable (with a nicer boss), after all you have enough work experience and you must like looking after horses. Of couse, I don't know the full situation but that's just my 2 cents from what I've gathered. I hope you end up in happier circumstances whatever happens

[edit on 1-7-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by crookedblue
I am so angry!!!!

Ive worked my a$$ off at one stable yard for over 6months now. sometimes 13 hour days and i get paid
all!!!!

I'm deffintly leaving. People who do less work than me get paid more, I'm treated like

The owner - makes fun of my piercings, Makes me do his jobs (He wont even feed our guard dog or walk it!!) He calls me stupid (Says I will never become a doctor because i wouldnt even be able to count how many lungs a person has...*rolls eyes*), He makes fun of me when I stutter.. (I stutter around new people sometimes cause i'm nervous and he immitates and makes fun) and talks about me behind my back.

The volunteers - constantly get free lessons and stuff while I look after all the horses and get nothing for it.

Yard manager - I look up to her so much but recently shes just decided she doesnt like me. I think.

I had five days off in like 3 months and got shouted at and called a part timer.

I have 55 pounds worth of riding booked this week... so I have to go to them or I know he wont give me my money back.

And I really hate confrontation. I will try tell the part owner cause she is lovely but i dont know when I can get down there when shes there and he's not. :bash:

Sorry for ranting I just had to

I have plenty of horses to ride so thats not a problem. Am also buying my own like really soon so I dont need to be there anyway!

Any advice on how to go about leaving would REALLY be apreciated! sorry this was so long

Blue x

here is what you do first get a paper bag and take a dump in it and set it on fire then put it on his front porch then knock and his door then run to the nearest bush and watch as he gets crap all over his shoes LMAO!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Tell your boss to f**K off, then fire bomb his house...

seriously, never let anyone talk down to you mate, give me his number, i'll call him for you and pertend to be from citizrns advice or the inland revenue.

dont worry, just leave mate..chin up old gal.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
Tell your boss to f**K off, then fire bomb his house...

Now , now. Tut, tut:shk: That's teh criminel! Yuo is a criminol! Get out! Mods!

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Fett is above the law..

Fett will Fire Bomb tha Law!

The Law is Fetts Bi-yotch!

(he is right about the advice by the way... put the fo in his place bad bwoy style!)

join