It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

enviroment friendly cars anywhere?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Was thinking of replacing my polluting car with a battery car, but those batteries have to be replaced each 3 years and they cost 4 000 £ (in Norway) wich comes in addition to what services cost for all cars. Too expensive I think
what do you others here think is good alternatives? Hybird cars? They still pollute.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I´m no expert at this but as far as i´ve grasped it you still need "loads" of petroleum production in order to provide the electricity needed to run such a car which kinda makes it pointless for the time beeing. Would love to be wrong about this one tho...

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
A few RAV4 EV owners charge from a roof mounted solar array. I looked but can't find it right now, but with solar charging you're truly driving a clean vehicle.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't know for sure but most countries don't use petroleum powered electricity. I hope.

Many dam up the rivers, there are some solar cells, and the last few years wind power plants have become the Bible.
Speaking of windpower plants I find it courious that those who live near such plants have no problems with it, while those who never have had one close by are almost voilently against it... Just a detail...

I think it is nuclear plants that is the most common at the moment.

top topics

join