It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

browser linking question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Question.

I use primarily MS explorer 6.0 128bit encrypt

(just to let u know)

I have noticed a strange anomoly when browsing the forum categories, that effects my browser.

Pick a category, ond click on it from the main page..
you will end up with the current topics lists...right with me?

So lets say I dont immediatly click on a topic or link from there....and just scrolle thru the page reading the topic titles to see whats interesting.

Well by some strange habit, my mouse seems to point where I am reading, like a Ouija Board.

Anyway the annoying anomoly is, that as my pointer scrolls up and down the topic lists, you see the mouse-over effects...ie....the background color over each topic box changes hue, the border color also changes for that table cell...cool I like that...and the topic title also gives the underline mouse over effect...no problems yet...

Now here is the specific issue I am finding.

If you point your pointer up and down, over the 'actual' title names, all the above happens without a hitch.

But..

If I were to point my pointer up and down , but not necessarily over the name topic, just over the table cells, this is what happens...

The cell color changes w/mouseover...no problem,...
The topic name doesnt underline w/mouseover, becouse I am not actually over the topic name...no problem...

But the border color changes on mouseover, but does not change back after mouseover has left the area!

This normally wouldnt be a bigggie but..

It seems when this condition is met, suddenly I cannot click on any link on that page, and successfully go to that page!

Instead, I notice my little MS flag isnt waving like it is getting a page,(very top right corner) so I click again, and the flag starts waving.

But after much delay, I get a server not found error page.

Now I have learned to recognise this happening, and close the window, and open a new one and start over. It is a annoying pain in the....

I have verified the integrity of my browser files, as well as my MS XP files and there is no problem here on my side,..(99% certain.). I have always updated my MS files on a regular basis.

So...Just thought I would relate this to admin, as it appears to be a site bug in this specific area, that is causing me much lost nano seconds.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just playing around to see if I notice this in every category,...and did notice that if I wait for the frame border mouseover color change delay,...to catch up with my pointer sometimes no problem,...but if I click before the delay catches up ,...then window is lost to oblivion again.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It seems I am experiencing the same problem in BTS.com

Is this just me

but is anyone else experiencing this?

win xp pro IE 6.0 128be

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
OK it must just be me...

But danged,...it just doesnt appear to be my browser..

Anybody else take a challenge and try to simulate this apparent bug?

In any category list page...

just wave your mouse around in and out of the tables, with the mousover stuff hapnin'.

then just click on any link.

Thanks...and I guess I'll live with it if nobody replies.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
nope im having no problems

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Let me know if it's any better.

top topics

join