It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real or Fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Now this sounds absolutely weird. Sounds like a scene from a sci fi flick. I don’t believe this and probably you guys won’t! And I can assure you it’s not my imagination working here for brownie points.
I didn’t want to post this on ATS as some would say that it’s fit for the pranks and joke section and that I'm looney. So I’ve hesitated to put this on ATS for the last about 6 months. And don’t I know that some guys are going to have a rollicking laugh and demand that I be hauled over the coals for this ‘crap’! I've put my credibility at stake, (Did I have any in the first place?!!) But this happened to my friend and not me. I don't believe it. Would you?

Ok, so here goes….
About 8 months back, a good friend of mine who’s passionate about hiking was returning along a trail with his rucksack, which was being carried by a porter. It was just before sunset so not too dark.
As soon as they came to a clearing he saw a pitch-black ‘bubble’, the top half above the ground like an inverted bowl. The nearest point was approx 50 feet or so from him, about 15 feet in height at the center and 100 to 120 feet in diameter.
As he approached it, he found to his astonishment, hundreds of tiny ‘lights’ shining like stars in the sky.

As he went closer, he was flabbergasted when he realized that what he was seeing was like a bubble through which he was seeing space with thousands of stars, like looking into the night sky!
He thought of bolting but curiosity got the better of him and he ventured to touch the ‘bubble’. He inserted his finger into it and felt it freezing over (the coldness of space?). He withdrew it and ran, closely followed by his porter.

The next morning he went to the site to check it out again, but there was nothing there! He walked several times through the place where this transparent inverted ‘bowl’ was but there was no sign of anything there.

He kept this to himself for a couple of months before he ventured to share this uncanny experience.

Now this guy doesn’t know much about UFOs, is not a sci fi buff and is a senior software engineer working with none other than Accenture. When he’s not testing software, he’s hiking. When I heard this, I literally told him to go take a hike!
But I’ve always wondered, if this actually happened, was this some sort of portal to the universe? A star gate? The entry point of a wormhole??
But, all said, I still don’t believe it.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Interesting. Did his porter see it, and have any opinion(s) of what it could of been?

sanc

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If its true, that is so sweet !!!

If its not......like....WTF dude ?

Making an ass out of u and me :

I think that it could have been some sort of disturbance in gravity/space/time.
But.....why would it be sitting on the ground ?

Where did this event take place ? What park or woods area ?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Interesting. Did his porter see it, and have any opinion(s) of what it could of been?

sanc

Yep. This is what I asked my friend too. Whilst approaching this 'object', the porter did see it and guessed it was some sort of a round tent put up by the Army which frequented the area for military exercises.

I have not met this porter as he stays in a little hamlet about 30 miles away.
If this episode is true, then I personally feel that this could be some sort of a temporary portal for instant tranportation from or to another point in space.
Darn. Another for the X Files! Is the truth out there? You bet!!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Where was this exactly ?
At least give some chords from google earth or a town name or something......

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Okay well that's odd and I couldn't help but think abou this thread which seems oddly similar. I remembered it because it seemed very strange and if your friends story is true then I would think this could be a very interesting mystery:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nataylors description is very similar...or seems very similar to your friends.

Let me know your thoughts.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
Where was this exactly ?
At least give some chords from google earth or a town name or something......

I can't give you the GoogleEarth coords, but this happened near the forested Madhumalai wildlife sanctury in Southern India.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Strange, could it be possible that it was an enormous collection of energy? Like ball lightning? One thing to consider, perhaps it was a large collection of electro-magnetic energy, possibly from seismic activity in the area. The intense collection would surely cause your friend to hallucinate if he were too close. Did he feel nauseated? Perhaps a collection that size drawing energy would create intense cold around it, lending itself to the ‘touching’ part of the hallucination… aww I forgot about the witness. LOL I was really reaching anyway. That is an amazing story. -Paul

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I couldn't access the external picture, but I got the basic idea of what was taking place. Has your friend ever gone back there, or even you for that matter? When he touched the "Thing" was an auxilerating feeling or was it one of being frightened?

Great story man, if I was to experience something like that , I would've probably would'nt of been able to talk about it right away either, been there with different experiences of course.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
No. He did not feel anything whilst approaching it. Nor was there any kind of sensation of cold or nausea when he touched it, but felt intense cold in his finger when it slipped inside. The 'fabric' gave after a little pressure. It had a fair amount of elasticity.

It was as though he was touching a huge soap bubble with the top half over the ground and an infinite blackness full of stars inside. It seemed to have no bottom - just space. You could call it a half bubble and he did mention that he was quite terrified that he could well have just slipped and fallen into that fathomless nothingness. There was no 'bottom'. Just black space with those hundreds of stars. Man, even imagining it is frightening to say the least!!

As I had mentioned, he did return alone the following day but found nothing. No tell tale marks of any kind whatsoever.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
OMG mate what your friend saw was in fact an UFO!!! How can I explain this to you.
Evidence The Case For NASA UFO's - Part 1 and Part 2 - Take this movie from google videos and see it, then after you watch the second part a few times read what mikesingh said his friend saw and touch.

After you see the movie, Do you belive that in fact what that guy saw was a UFO which functioned as that guy describes in the movie? Thouse UFO he talkes about are an exact replica of an galaxy, and this guy saw a light which looked just like a galaxy with 1000 of stars!

It is strange but could be true! mikesingh do you have any more details on how that light looked like?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Mike,

I would like to know if you read the thread I posted in an earlier reply. The thread is about a year old and the stories are very similar. Also if you can you should have your friend read the earlier thread and see if he agrees the stories are similar.

Here's the link again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Spiderj

Yes, I've gone through the thread. Thanks.

Yep. I believe its almost like the pic posted there reproduced above (courtesy Nataylor), but only that this was on the ground in the clearing and half of it above ground.
He didn't mention about seeing any galaxy inside. Only stars.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thanks for responding Mike.

Yeah, I've been at this a long time and it's just struck me how similar the stories are and how far apart (in both time and place) the sightings took place.

I do not know what your friend or nataylor saw but it's such an odd type of encounter (and in this game that's saying something) from two very different people that it just struck me as very odd.

Now, of course being the hard nosed pain that I am, proof is proof and until I have that it's just a story but an intrigueing one nonetheless.

I'm starting a new file with these two stories and natalyors image and I will certainly keep an eye and ear out for similar stories.

What these people encountered I couldn't say but it is really interesting stuff.

Spiderj

Edit to add: As far as discerning stars from galaxies it could be a matter of interpretation but the similarities are very strong...IMO of course.

[edit on 6/27/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yes, it sure sounds like a UFO using a cloaking mechanism of some kind. Now, whether this was an "alien" UFO, or some experimental craft cooked up by one of the larger nations on this planet, remains (probably forever) to be seen.

top topics

join