It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman Returns the Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I wasn't sure exactly what heading to place this under so mods feel free to place it correctly.
As some of us know our illustrious leaders in gov, media, commerce etc are into heavy occultic stuff and ancient religions from the old world.

Now maybe I might be reading into something that isn't there but time and time again I have seen alot of symbolisms associated with entertainment media etc..

SUPERMAN RETURNS

To be released officially on June 28 2006

Special night showings begin June 27, 2006 10:00pm and 12:00am

June 28th I looked what day it represented on the pagan calendar...nothing was to be found.

So I looked at June 27th and this is what I found:

Pagan Holiday; June 27th 2006:
New Moon visible after sunset in the western sky.
363 c.e. Martyrdom of Julian, the Blessed, last Pagan Emperor of Rome who sought to bring back the Old Religion.

Graeco-Roman: The Nymphs, maiden companions of Artemis.

Roman: The Lares (ancestral spirits)
paganinstitute.org...

They are releasing the film early for obvious reasons; To set a box office record for the weekend.

Now lets look at the peak of when the movie will probably be seen which will be on Friday June 30th 2006 and on through the weekend: "The Sky God" Superman represents this so called Sky God.. "S" on his chest within a distorted pentagon/pentagram...Illuminati distorts and reverses things
"S" stands for Superman or?
Serpent(Garden), Shatan(hebrew), Set(egyptian), Satan(christian) ???

Pagan Holiday; June 30th 2006:
Feast of the Sky God as named as An (Old Sumerian), Old Sumer and Babylon????..isn't that Iraq???..nothing to worry about.
El (Old Canaanite-Hebrew), Uranus (Old Greek), Svarog (Old Slavic), Obatala (Yoruban), Oonawieh Unggi (Cherokee), Gaoh (Iroquois), Haokah (Sioux) & Father Sky (Pan-Native American); and Goddess as Nut/Neith (Old Egyptian).
paganinstitute.org...

If you look at the symbol that encloses the "S" on Supermans chest you will see that it is a distorted pentagon 5 sides/distorted

If you were to add the spikes to it to create a pentagram you will see it is in the position as is.. to create the so called Goat (1 point down and 2 points up.Satanic Pentagram

What are your thoughts???

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Methinks that thou might sufferest from
a most savage attack of
Klingons around Uranus.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That's interesting, but I think that Superman bears more of a resemblance to Jesus than to anything Pagan. The new movie coming out on the same day as a full moon really isn't that meaningful IMHO.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Speaking as a cartoonist - simple symbols and logos are the easiest way to make your comic book character "stand out" from one another - back in the 50's when Superman first gained in popularity, there wasn't much identifiable differences between comic book heros - aside from the costume - the art style was pretty much the same all around the industry.

The petagon you mention wasn't a widely used shape in logos - it helped set his costume/logo apart and also, by virtue of the shape alone, helped to define his upper body musculature. It's a simple visual illusion.

To better understand what I'm talking about, feel free to pick up an artists sketchbook on "How to Draw Comic Book Superheros" (no magna) - you'll notice that all rough models are based primarily on simple and elementary shapes before details are added in.

The letter "S" does in fact, represent "Superman" for the simple reason that people will easily associate the symbol with the character. Simple mnemonics.

It's just a logo on a costume - much like the little "Polo Man" on shirts in the eighties (which I find far more insidious) - but if you feel the need to overlook all that "Superman" stands for and represents in pursuit of your theory, go right ahead.

Cheers!

*edit for content*

[edit on 24-6-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Messianic tone of Superman is obvious and calculated

By JACOB ADELMAN
Associated Press
LOS ANGELES - As one of society's most enduring pop-culture icons, Superman has often been observed as more than just a man in tights.

And as the hype machine shifts into high gear for the upcoming release of Superman Returns, some are reading deeply into the film whose hero returns from a deathlike absence to play savior to the world.

"It is so on the nose that anyone who has not caught on that Superman is a Christ figure, you think, 'Who else could it be referring to?' " said Stephen Skelton, who wrote a book examining parallels between Superman and Christ

And

Superman Returns, which premieres late Tuesday, has been drawing its own comparisons to biblical accounts, especially after the appearance of its trailer earlier this year.

full article is here

new topics

top topics

join