It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be raptured?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
There are many takes on this topic... the first being that anyone who has asked Jesus into their hearts, confessing and repenting, honestly and truthfully, will be raptured before the Hour of Temptation.
Then there are those who simply believe that it's already happened... etc. etc.

Well, try this. Revelations is a book of mysteries and wonders...those who read it, front to back, saved or not, will receive gifts. One of these gifts may very well be: insight.

Revelations is a book of metaphors and prophecy. Truth and analogies to portray the Truth to our narrow human minds.

Well, try this glove on for size. In the first 3 chapters of Revelations, John does a great job describing how he felt about his dream, and what was beginning to form in his dream. It starts out a little hazy, just like any dream, but at the end of Chapter 1 it starts to become clear... just as soon as "one like unto the Son of Man" appeared before him. He was quiet alert then! Since it is safe to assume that Revelations is a consolidation of the knowledge of all of the Word for the purpose of fulfilling the Will of God, I decided that a theory that my stepmother told me about might actually be plausible. Begin reading Revelations as if it were the beginning. Once the stage has been set in chapter 1 for the rest of the book(the first point of Revelations is to inform the churches of where they stand with Him), then continues the development of the beginning of the End of His Will.

It's hard to describe, but simply put, imagine the seven stars (the angels as described at the end of chapter 1) represent the Sun, the Moon, and the 5 planets, Mercury Venus Mars Jupiter Saturn. The seven golden candlesticks represent the seven churches...which are the respective days. Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday.

Now the one like unto the Son of Man has given a name to each of these churches.Sunday = Ephesus, Monday = Smyrna, Tuesday = Pergamos, Wednesday = Thyatira, Thursday = Sardis, Friday = Philadelphia, and Saturday = of the Laodiceans. To determine which church you are in, you would have to use your birthday (mine being March 23, 1984) and find out which DAY of the week you were born on. That is your "church" and all those born on that same day of the week are part of your "church".
How might this apply, you ask? Well... since it's in the Bible, the messages to those churches are ALSO TO US. Which one is you? Mine is Philadelphia, as I was born on Friday. (Your original windows taskbar clock only goes back to 1980. You will need a more efficient calender if you're born before then.)

WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!
okay, okay, well... it's just a thought, but Smyrna and Philadelphia are the only churches God has nothing against. And of those two, Philadelphia is the only one which will be saved from the Hour of Temptation. Smyrna will suffer 10 days (10 years) in prison, etc. to those who claim to be Jews and are actually the synagogue of Satan. The rest, God has somewhat against ATLEAST, and must repent of those particular things... see if those things said in the Word about your "church" according to my theory don't apply to you. So far, it has applied to my stepmother and her ex-husband for SURE.

Anyway, like I said, it's just a theory. Despite theories, I realize the Bible clearly states the church of Philadelphia is the only church to be saved from the Hour of Temptation. SO... chances are, most Christians are going to suffer somewhat tribulation regardless of what we believe. The Word even GUARANTEES IT to those in the church of Smyrna, a church He has NOTHING against! Remember as He says...
Revelations 22:7 "Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book."
That doesn't mean WORRY about it. That means, keep the sayings of the prophecy in your heart, and you have nothing to worry about. Amen.
IMHO and humbly...

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
With your zealous fervor for this, have you tried to look up anyone elses birthdates to see if many other people viewed as good or bad was born on a Friday?

This would be a simple scientific approach to this and then if say, Hitler was born on a Friday; what would that mean to you? (Just a theory)

Try this and let us know who was born on Fridays and include those who were deemed the good guys and the bad. Then tell us why the good guys will be raptured and why the bad guys will too.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 24-6-2006 by ben91069]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I suppose as part of my theory, it is assumed that it applies to you and your "church" if you choose to be a part of that "church" i.e. being saved.
As far as self-proclaimed saved individuals *of which I can not in all actuality judge as I can only know my place with God, no one elses as I am not in their hearts* I will do an empirical study on these days and come up with more conclusions. I was actually fishing for some people to do some introspection regarding this topic to validate it for themselves instead of me posting tons of "facts". Nothing I say will prove it anyway, and nothing I say will come to an undying truth simply because 1) I am not a prophet and 2)What truth we were equipped with is already in written format(i.e. The Word). There are those who believe that the churches that John writes to actually represent an AGE of the church, which I will not refute except for that there is no *one* church... there are far too many denominations, ideals, pastors and preachers, interpretations, etc... unless you were to define the church as simply all that are saved... which wouldn't seem wise considering there are a lot of people who claim to be saved, and yet, rarely do any two people stand on the same spiritual ground concerning ALL topics regarding The Word (unless they are simply believing what they hear or see instead of actually finding out for themselves).
But, since it is simply a minor theory with which to have a little mind fun and certainly not detrimental to the entire matter (for all we need is to hold fast no matter who we are, and according to the Word we shall overcome and those who overcome will receive rewards respectively).
Thank you for the reply, and I'll do a little searching for curiosity's sake.
I'm not sure...that it is zealous fervor..it's simply an idea.
Oh and... good and bad are probably not good terms to use. In this world, what's good is bad and what's bad is good, and Superman is an alien on a seemingly-modest yet egotistical power trip(for his pathetic perception and portrayal of the collective human race, of course) BACK ON TOPIC. Faithful and unfaithful seems a little more accurate; to me, anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Probably the one thing I despise more than anything else regarding religion is the subject of the rapture and Christ's second coming.

As a Christian, I would like nothing more than to see Christ return and set up His kingdom on earth. However, i've read countless articles, thoughts, opinions, proofs, doubts, etc.. on the subject of Revelations, the rapture and the second coming. The one thing that I took away from all of this is that is doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter when or if the rature happens, the question is are you ready?

It doesn't matter if Christ comes back today of 5 generations from now, but are you ready?

It doesn't matter if the world's economy's start to collapse, nuclear war is imminent, disease is running rampant, famine is at an all-time high or the weather is going nuts......but are you ready.

The ONLY thing that should be of utmost importance to EVERY Christian is whether or not you are ready and are you helping others to know Christ. Love the Lord with all your soul, mind & heart and love your neighbor as yourself.

P.S. It seems that whenever I respond to a post as of late, it gets moved to BTS. Hmmmmm.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Freenrgy2, for me, It is not a matter of whether I'm ready anymore.
Because I am.
I believe there is nothing wrong with discussing the specifics... or else so much information wouldn't have been given to us in the Bible.

The Word is not simply the words, "Are You Ready?" I think...that's a football slogan.

The Word is more indepth than that. There are different rewards, different places for people in Heaven, different results for saints in Revelations... there are many things that could be discussed. It would defeat the purpose of a forum to just have everyone say, "Are You Ready."

Don't get me wrong, I understand your point.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I had a rapture once. It got bigger and bigger and finally I went to see the doctor. He told me I had one of them hyenas.....had to have me an operation to put that hyena back where it belonged! Thank God for them doctors...helping us with our raptures!!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You don't happen to farm coke plants do you?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
The Word is more indepth than that. There are different rewards, different places for people in Heaven, different results for saints in Revelations... there are many things that could be discussed.

Different rewards a.k.a "Jewels in crown"?

I am interested in your hypothesis of different places for people in heaven...please expand on that thought please.

new topics

top topics

join