It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairies real?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This is my first post, and just like to say conspiracies have always been a fancy of mine, love to read and research them...anyway, my dad lived in this house recently before he moved, out in the mountains somewhat (around other houses as well) but we were renting and the lady there said there were fairies...now when my dad told me i didnt believe him, but then i, him, and my 2 sisters saw them for our own eyes...They were lights of blue, green, white, and yellow and they were flickering on and off around this certain rock...The lady supposedly called this the "fairy stone"...It seems crazy, but i've seen it...my dad sent in a letter to a scientist and he didnt know what to say about it...anyway this topics open for discussion...Thanks

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
There is a lot of things in this world we just dont know about, no-one has offered hard evidence of faeries (that i`m aware of) but that doesn`t mean to say they aren`t there. So many people who have never seen a ghost...still believe... personally i believe Faeries 'could' exist. Did anyone else ever see these? Is the place still accesible? How many times have they been seen? Any chance of a photo etc? I`d like someone to show some proof that they 'don`t' exist, but i doubt that will ever happen!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What were the lings like? did they move in a pattern that looked like a creatures movenemt. Are the lights faries? What did the woman say the rock did?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Fairies-- The Mythical Legend....... It seems to me that many cultures over the centuries have stories about the "little People". Call them what you want, elf, gnome, gremlin, leprechaun, nymph, pixie, sprite. You might even want to call them angels, demons, spirits, or Travellers-- from another planet, time, or dimension. Are they real? With no proof either way, I suspect the answer to be yes.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
hey thats a general thing that you find n jungles the light insects . it magnifies on its own through chemical reactions within it self and they travel in large groups . so, that might have pushed your creative senses to see that , as it goes"YOU SEE WAT YOU WANNA SEE"
T MUST BE AN ILLUSION BUT IF YOU COULD POST ANY PHOTOS WE COULD JUDGE OVER IT

Originally posted by AllinTheMind89
This is my first post, and just like to say conspiracies have always been a fancy of mine, love to read and research them...anyway, my dad lived in this house recently before he moved, out in the mountains somewhat (around other houses as well) but we were renting and the lady there said there were fairies...now when my dad told me i didnt believe him, but then i, him, and my 2 sisters saw them for our own eyes...They were lights of blue, green, white, and yellow and they were flickering on and off around this certain rock...The lady supposedly called this the "fairy stone"...It seems crazy, but i've seen it...my dad sent in a letter to a scientist and he didnt know what to say about it...anyway this topics open for discussion...Thanks

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I personally haven't see a fairy before but mom has told me that once when she and my aunt were younger, they saw what looked like a fairy or elf like creature standing right outside their window. They said one minute it was there peering in and the next, it was gone. It may have just been that they were young and imaginative but my mom swears she saw it

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Oh, I love the stories of the fairies. It is quite facinating. IMO, who are we to say that they didnt or do not exist. With all the stories, I think it is more likely than not. I know, go a head, I have a foolish childlike immagination. All I am saying is that back then, granted there were travelers, but how is it that all these people over such a wide area who had no phones or means of communication describe the exact same thing? People in different countries all have different stories, but with the same details. SO, sure I think they exist, but I never have been one to disbelieve something just because I have not seen it or found remains.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I would submit to you that there is at least one faery that is known to at least 2
generations. Just try to convince a child SHE isnt real. Tinkerbell.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've got to tell you, I don't believe in 'faries' and here's why.

I have a friend who is the genlest hippy I know. That's why we call him Gentle Ben. Well, one day Ben calls and tells us he cought photos of faries. I was excited because that's the type of dude I am. If someone had photos of aliens I'd be just as excited. So ben comes over with a stack of photos. There were hundreds of them. He must have emptied at least 10 rolls of film in the middle of some field. There were a few of us there, so he started passing around the photos. After about a half hour of looking at nothing (we're patient people) we realize that there are no faries to be seen. Ben explains that they're magical, and we can only see the ripples of their aura in the photos.....at night.

Since then I believe in faries like I believe in leprachauns living in a Georgian tree.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sorry to all who have postedd replies, i havent been here in a loooong time...But, the lady, while at first i thought she was crazy, said they like shiny objects, and she even threw change out on the steps outside...and there is this one rock, medium sized, and she claims it was the fairy rock...I saw them, just flashing lights of different colors, really fast flashing...haha i wasnt on acid or '___' or anything...I've sinced moved from this place (my parents are split and my dad used to live there but moved) its still accessible but its hard to tell when they come out...

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is why I'd love to believe in faeries:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I have a foolish childlike immagination.

There is nothing foolish in a "childlike" imagination or acceptance of exceptional things.

Even the R. Yeshua said " Come unto me as a child."

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think fairies are real. I have even set aside a patch of my garden designed specifically for them, with plants and stones legend says attract fairies. I also have a tree stump I use as a fairy altar and leave them gifts of homeade cookies and wine from time to time.

Fairies when treated with respect will move in and help care for your garden, home and bring good luck to your land.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well I am very interested in all traditional cultures beliefs and knowledge.

All societies have this underlying lore within them, even though they all evolved differently and with no links between them before and after the time of supposed language skills in humans, e.g. the Australian Aborigines, so they cant be shared stories from one initial point. (unless another medium of passing on the info to future generations was used, i.e. pictograms and the like)

In the Druidic culture of Europe much was believed and practised about the little people. According to ancient UK lore fairies as said correctly above tend to the flowers , going so far as apparently they mix the colours together that nature then shows us. Also as rightly stated they tend to gardens as awhole to. They always have a beneficial purpose, and they work on a different part of our world or different plane to others of similar ilk such as sprites and elves etc. There is a similar hierarchical relationship in the little peoples world as the human spiritual world. EG Fairies would be seen as maybe Angels or saints, and then elves and sprites etc as humans and animals.

So fairies are meant to be only able to act in a positive or higher way, like a saint or angel, whereas the other little people are individuals and have good and bad in them like humans and animals, and do things not only according to a role or guidance but also from choices and will. This is similar to how humans are no?

This can bring in some worry as if you get the attention of say a tree sprite and she falls in love with a human man, they can be mischievous in scuppering your human interests and relationships. Also if people do make nice offerings to nature’s spirits it is very important not to look back after you place the offering, they don’t like this, as they are very private. On this theme you can also make offerings to other little peoples like trolls, and leprechauns, these like stone alters too but prefer round ones, as apposed to the fairies like of flower offerings, honey and also wine and the like, these other “male” entities like the plane they work on prefer coins as offerings, the shinier the better (as long as it is round and definitely not a UK 50p piece) and the highest denomination you have to give. Again never look back or gaze upon the offering or alter until after the moon has set the day of an offering and the sun has risen for the next day.

In many parts of Europe especially Celtic parts of the UK you can still find these alters beings used and around in wild places. It is very important no matter what you make an offering to never ever ever disturb a previous offering. If it is not taken away by these entities you must let nature scatter them according to its own will before reusing this area of communication between the realms. Also much tragedy and bad luck is meant to come if anyone were to take from an offering place any presents left there by yourself or others. In the case of sprites or trolls etc they might make amends for your transgression themselves, lots of “gremlins” in the machine may turn up in unfortunate circumstances in your life.

I am not saying I believe in all this just sharing some of my knowledge on traditional Celtic /Druidic beliefs in this area.

Regards and Hppy Fairy Hunting

Elf

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My brother and I also saw a fairy. I've seen it twice. I saw it one day, sort of dancing around the foyer in front of my fireplace and then it made its way to the first step on my landing and disappeared. I saw it for about 10-15 seconds. I swore I was seeing things. It was about a foot to a foot and a half tall. It looked like a little person with wings, it was green and gold, and sparkling. I never thought that I acctually saw it, until one day when I was sitting at the kitchen table, and my brother was sitting on the couch on the other side of the room, when I saw it, again, this time on top of the book shelf in the center of the room. About five minutes passed, and my brother asked me if I saw that. I said "what?" and then he described what looked to him, to be a fairy. A green and gold glittering fairy, the same size. I told him I saw it too.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I am a granny woman now, and I was a 30 something mom when I did see a fairy or gnome. I experienced classic panic and instantly ran shrieking and babbling. I wish I had not had that kind of re-action and I hope one day I will get another chance. Meanwhile, I look on the Net for people who say they have seen fairies. And sightings are not all that rare...True ghost story sites, if carefully combed through will give you occasional stories. Some are the fabrications of the wistful but many have a ring of truth. My favorite was written by a woman who was now in her 50's about seeing a fairy when she was very very young. She lived up in Wisconsin and her family was having a big camping trip with lots of family members...they were just setting up camp, her mother and aunt were cooking and she was a toddler on a blanket, and she says she saw a little green monkey faced man looking down and winking and grinning at her. She was having fun watching him, and told her Mom and Aunt about it. Those two immediately called off the Camping Trip and the whole family packed up and left the campground. This lady said that her family was of Swedish descent and they took stories of the Little People seriously. She also said she hoped she got to see another fairy one day.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Faeries are notoriously hard to see but if you look closely for small faces that try to blend in with the colors, you can see them. The original pictures are black and white and feature the girls with cardboard cut-outs of fairies. Little did the propagaters of the Cottingsley hoax know that they would actually capture the "real faeries" also, to start you out, the girl in the lower left photograph. Look at her right ear and her neck below her ear. Next look descending from her chin. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier. Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
believing that fairies are real ?
No I don't think so ,You would think there would be some evidence
unless they were real in a time long ago
believing they are real and alive today is not conducive to living with reality based concepts. much similar to believing little gray men exist, I'll start believing it when I start seeing hard evidence
So far all I see is people willing to believe in anything they can imagine but
not see feel or hear.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

A person who renders a verdict before all the evidence is presented is a poor judge indeed.........Charles Rash I not only believe in faeries, i like them. I see your avatar is a soldier in camoflage attire. The faeries are masters of that technique, they create a image, like the one above, to focus your attention while they flank your position. Never underestimate your enemies or overestimate your friends.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join