It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold a White Horse

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yeah, and the arrogant, holier than thou attitude makes me want to puke.

Sometimes I am so ashamed of my Christian Brothers and Sisters.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Yeah, and the arrogant, holier than thou attitude makes me want to puke.

Sometimes I am so ashamed of my Christian Brothers and Sisters.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by whaaa]

ashamed ? of YOUR brothers and sisters? I want no brother or sister of mine to feel shame towards me, I wouldn't consider them such.

as for your underlining of the ONLY still doesn't change the fact that is still talking about the only one issueing from the father... doesn't change anything I said in the slightest, but in all honesty, I'm just trying to give you new concepts to think about, I'm not going to keep cramming the same points at you, I'm not here to speak to just you... I'm glad you have an opinion, that means it made you think, and will continue to make you think....
I would just like to say, we can throw verses back and forth.. .we can argue who's version of God is right, who's religeon is closer to the truth.... it's all very irrelevant to the subject at hand... which is What is it all trying to tell us... Stop for a second, look through the words to their meaning,... words appear cold and dead on paper, they don't convey very much meaning or feeling, so people input theirs into the situation to make it make sense, which happens everyday by everyone constantly thinking in their head when someone is trying to talk to them... You don't take your mother seriously when you ask her whats for dinner and she replies .. pig shi* and potatoes ... you look through to the meaning ... "You're getting what I give you"
Not to mention, you listen and take things to heart but never understand what it all encompasses like loving your enemy, that includes Your enemy Satan, whom you all hate so much and can't wait to see executed or done away with, when hardly comprehending the situation.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
will answer this...

queenannie said:
The Christian religion was stolen and perverted from the people it truly belongs to, which is Israel who are the children of Abraham--of the promised seed of faith of Isaac—those who love God’s anointed Yehoshua and are not attached to their religion but rather the ideal which is fundamentally to love one another as we love ourselves—then I’d wager a fair amount that somewhere in your family tree, there is a portion that came from the time of the first dispersion of the 10 tribes under Jeroboam who came after King Solomon at the time the kingdom divided into the lost 10 tribes and the tribe of Judah/Benjamin, which we know these days as Jews. end quote...[messed the post up with my 1st edit, sorry, still a 'cadet' on posting]

Edit: [ btw...[1] Jesus/Mary-Juda [2] Paul-Benjamin [3] John-the-Baptist-Levi...mmmmm, something fishy with this line that we have been feed on the 'lost tribes' ]

[holy smoke...looks like i can finally make a 'quote']

Well ur highness, getting back to the 'Khazars..............

georgjohn said:
Really ran through those long [whatever u want 2 call em] posts....didnt see the word 'Khazar'....u know that 'nation' that took whatever they called it then n made it into 'Judaism' and then forgot that they came from the 'Khazars' [about 90% + of the so-called-jews are Khazars n not blood to Abraham/Sarah ]...[do a Google on Khazar ] LOLove n luck !

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Not that I want to 'pin' ur highness or any-one down...the 'Khazar' fact must be addressed...and I do believe it to be a 'fact' of History that the Khazars took over a Religion...even to the degree that, their own off-spring believe the 'lie' that was 'created...and many so-called 'christians'are running with the so-called 'chosen' people con-job and 'trapped' like animals in a trap and gone mad and ready to strike out at any-one who trys to free 'em' from the trap...

Just leave it at that for now and hope that people that are interested in researching what they believe and are posting... would look at the links and search deeper into the the ideas that they fight like Hell to put onto others...and look n re-look at what others are trying to say, who have looked ...........

May the Immaculate be with you-all as you see the Show that the Divine Playwright Jesus is putting on..................Infinity

Ave Maria ! Lolove n luck n good sex/emotions/passions...[when u see ur mother, kiss her][daddy 2]

[sorry if i have or offend anyone with my posts...dont intend 2]

[edit on 30-6-2006 by georgejohn]

[edit on 30-6-2006 by georgejohn]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
Annie Dillard

The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad.
Friedrich Nietzsche

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
Galileo Galilei

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
Annie Dillard

Because, my dear eskimo friend, had you not been told, you would still be judged, just not by the same criteria. Through Christ, you are redeemed, permitted to make mistakes.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
Galileo Galilei

Amen!

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by georgejohn
Not that I want to 'pin' ur highness or any-one down...the 'Khazar' fact must be addressed...and I do believe it to be a 'fact' of History that the Khazars took over a Religion...even to the degree that, their own off-spring believe the 'lie' that was 'created...and many so-called 'christians'are running with the so-called 'chosen' people con-job and 'trapped' like animals in a trap and gone mad and ready to strike out at any-one who trys to free 'em' from the trap...

The Jewish religion isn't pure, either--and even before the Khazars, they were making their own feasts and decrees, etc. The book of Esther testifies to this.

There are many Israelites in Christianity and Judaism and Islam. There are many Israelites of no religion, in all countries. No country, no religion, is 'Israel' in the present time.

But I'm not interested in criticizing or critiquing the sources of the mix-up; and certainly have no desire to point at a people that I have not lived among and do not know.

I know why the flock was scattered--but there is a season to scatter and a time to gather.

I hope that answered you question, georgejohn! Love you!

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
it didn't answer my 'questions' but as I have said don't care to pin ur Highness or anyone down nor do I want to get into 'Idolatry' of 'words'...................

I myself do admire the 'Khazars' in many ways as well as the 'Knights Templar'also the' Freemasons' and 'others'...........look at our 'daddy' David and some of the 'plays' he made...do u know that it is said that 'mommy' Bathsheba was 5 years old when king david had her husband murdered ??? In his passion/lust 4 her...[ www.jewishpress.com... had that item in it's 'questions n answers ' 2 times in August of 2000] If anyone gets a copy of the info there, please post it n if u have seen my posts, u know what a 'cadet' I am on typing/computer skills...

Being of 'the-house-of-David and 'Merovingian' on both sides, I used to try to make excuses for 'daddy' David but he did what he did and was forgiven...

Love ur highness's views on that we-all are/will be forgiven...as St. Francis of Assisi [who many think/know was given the Throne-of Light that poor Lucifer lost] has showed me...'what kind bother/sister/mother/father wouldn't get all forgiven and forgive all'...............

to be continued, maybe

Lolove n luck n good sex/passon/emotion ! Ave Maria ! the Great daughter-of-david !

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

And he looked at Barbelo with the pure light which surrounds the invisible Spirit, and (with) his spark, and she conceived from him. ....

dnero, your posts are not always easy to read, but probably would make better sense if the quotes included the source. Just a hint, and if it only helps me understand what you're saying better, I'd still like the sources, thanks,

edited to add last line since the first one made this a "one-liner" and at that it sounded a little too demanding.

[edit on 1-7-2006 by curiousity]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's the Apocryphon of John, from the Nag Hammadi. All you have to do is google a part of the phrase and it comes right up on the first page.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
and the biggest reason for the stilted spirituality is because of the sexual taboos inherent to Christianity, and the pedophile thing is just an exacerbated extension of unhealthy constriction on natural human sexuality.

In your view and/or what you think God's view is regarding what is appropriate and inappropriate sexual behavior?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity

And he looked at Barbelo with the pure light which surrounds the invisible Spirit, and (with) his spark, and she conceived from him. ....

dnero, your posts are not always easy to read, but probably would make better sense if the quotes included the source. Just a hint, and if it only helps me understand what you're saying better, I'd still like the sources, thanks,

edited to add last line since the first one made this a "one-liner" and at that it sounded a little too demanding.

I understand its difficult to follow, but to encompass everything and show links and sources would be soooooooo tedius but I suppose it is necessary considering I'm trying to teach/show people.. but tis a difficult task.... My posts would consist of a page if I were to supply sources... I just wish everyone has read everything I have so we could discuss it more thoroughly and correct mistakes in understanding more clearly..

and I also understand how

is utterly confusing.. you would have to read all of the nag hammadi library and reread it.. so you can understand the pre/con-text, It isn't something that is read once and understood.. its something we should read on a daily basis, like some who read 'the bible'...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
In your view and/or what you think God's view is regarding what is appropriate and inappropriate sexual behavior?

'Appropriate' sexual behavior arises from love--true love--which, on its own and without contrivance, engenders fidelity (loyalty) and companionship that lasts from the first day to the last day together....and it causes two to become one...over time.

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. (Mark 10:6-9)

True love isn't about flesh--it is about souls. And the flesh follows, of course, and it is the flesh of two joining as one that makes the souls of two into one.

True love doesn't love another for what they are--I have heard it said that it is 'in spite of who they are'--or what they can give in return (even love)--true love can't help itself--and true love seeks to give to the object of its affection, and it does not take, measure, equalize, or dishonor.

True love gives--many people confuse 'need' with 'love.' But anyone who has ever been the object of someone's need (declared as love) knows that kind of thing will suck a person dry. And then leave it behind when the well runs dry. Submitting to this kind of 'love,' that is, believing it is love instead of need, can turn a 'giver' into a 'taker.'

Here are some biblical examples of what I mean:

And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death. (Genesis 24:67)

And Jacob kissed Rachel, and lifted up his voice, and wept.
(Genesis 29:11)

And Jacob loved Rachel; and said, I will serve thee seven years for Rachel thy younger daughter. And Laban said, It is better that I give her to thee, than that I should give her to another man: abide with me. And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her.
(Genesis 29:18-20)

And his soul clave unto Dinah the daughter of Jacob, and he loved the damsel, and spake kindly unto the damsel. And Shechem spake unto his father Hamor, saying, Get me this damsel to wife.
(Genesis 34:3-4)

This is what Paul says:

So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. (Ephesians 5:28-33)

The situation of forced celibacy as a requirement for serving God--as in the traditional demands placed without exception on all priests and nuns--is totally unnatural, against everything God has established when He made both Adam and Eve--and he specifically instructed them to be fruitful and multiply. That only happens with sex.

Sex is not bad. To condemn sex is a dangerous evil--bad enough to condemn, but to condemn something given by God for a specific purpose? Heinous! And the results of that are what society sees as problems stemming from the act of sex!

It is the attitude, not the act, that determines the virtue of anything.

Saying sex is bad has led to far more social and personal problems than anything else the so-called 'bride of christ' as the 'church' has ever done!!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The situation of forced celibacy as a requirement for serving God--as in the traditional demands placed without exception on all priests and nuns--is totally unnatural, against everything God has established when He made both Adam and Eve--and he specifically instructed them to be fruitful and multiply. That only happens with sex.

I see that you are busy twisting the truth as usual. I wonder what the Bible says about those that practice the forbidding of marriage. I think that you are talking about the exact things that the Bible says will happen.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

As for this comment..........

Saying sex is bad has led to far more social and personal problems than anything else the so-called 'bride of christ' as the 'church' has ever done!!

Where does the Bible say sex is bad. It says beware of those that practice the forbidding of marriage. These are certainly pagan practices and not Christian.

Your free ride is over. And tell your master that I have started, he'll know what I mean. Tell him it is written that he is a defeated foe. He has been overcome by the blood of the Lamb. By the way, Jesus is Lord. Try saying that aloud.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   

by queenannie38
Sex is not bad. To condemn sex is a dangerous evil--bad enough to condemn, but to condemn something given by God for a specific purpose? Heinous! And the results of that are what society sees as problems stemming from the act of sex!
Sex is wonderful.....

The source of most of the problems that arise from false/werid views towards the teenage men n women who are adults at 12yo + 1day [into 13th year]...

By not letting the ones who are ready for it, [ half should/have been by 15 yrs ] opens the door to all the horrors that people spend so much time n thought thinking about...also if the ones who are called for 'celibacy' want to enclose themselves in a 'community' they should be allowed to follow their own mind...

It did take awhile for Her Highness the Madonna Maria to show this to me and also that the 'state of bliss' will return when half of the teenagers are married by 15 !

For years have noticed the longing of the teenage Majesty of the Lord as His 'creation' is denied to Him !

Time for the 'preachers' to preach the truth and the 'teachers' to teach the truth and let His Excellancy enjoy His bride.....and her His Majesty !

Lolove n luck n great/good sex/emotions/passions...Ave Maria ! Her Highness Indeed ! Grace

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
I see that you are busy twisting the truth as usual. I wonder what the Bible says about those that practice the forbidding of marriage. I think that you are talking about the exact things that the Bible says will happen.

No kidding, Einstein!

You are a pretzel. A blind one, at that. Gee whiz. :shk:

Make that an 'unsalted' pretzel.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

'Appropriate' sexual behavior arises from love--true love--which, on its own and without contrivance, engenders fidelity (loyalty) and companionship that lasts from the first day to the last day together....and it causes two to become one...over time.

The situation of forced celibacy as a requirement for serving God--as in the traditional demands placed without exception on all priests and nuns--is totally unnatural, against everything God has established

I'm just trying to get where you are coming from on the sex issue.

Also the more I learn from conversing with you it seems like you base your view of Christianity based on the catholic church. Is this correct?

A couple of examples. A couple has been married for 10 years. One spouse meets somone else who they believe they love after this 10 years. The feelings are returned by the third party. That person of the marriage would now say that what they felt for their spouse when they got married wasn't really love. But with this new person it is love.

Would a sexual relationship between the new person and the person of the marriage be OK?

Another example, a 15 year old and a 13 year old both say that they have true love for each other.

Is a sexual relationship in this case OK?

Final example, 2 gay people truly say they love each other.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by dbrandt]

[edit on 5-7-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Also the more I learn from conversing with you it seems like you base your view of Christianity based on the catholic church. Is this correct?

No, actually I went to a protestant christian church for almost 20 years, every week. I'm 'basing my view' primarily on my own personal first hand experience--which is supported by what I observe and also what I have learned, through personal experience and research, about the RCC. I'm basing it on undeniable evidence.

Where do you think christianity came from dbrandt, if not the Catholic church? I've said this before, but I'll say it again...

A daughter may hate her mom and run away from home...and never ever look back...but the truth is that her mom will always be her mom.

There's no denying origins--for any of us, no matter what it is. If you'd investigate on your own, you'd easily realize that the religion you scorn so much, as being 'not correct' is actually not much different than your own. There's no other source, either--it's definitely not anything like Judaism and the bible doesn't even support the various deviations from what it says...those deviations came from the first christian church that was allowed to live instead of being 'aborted' by making the members marytrs. Around 380 AD.

A couple of examples.

Would a sexual relationship between the new person and the person of the marriage be OK?

Another example, a 15 year old and a 13 year old both say that they have true love for each other.

Final example, 2 gay people truly say they love each other.

dbrandt~why the heck are you asking me these questions?

It's none of my business--who am I to judge? Especially hypothetical situations--or situations of strangers--any situation which isn't directly mine is none of my business.

Do you really think it is okay to arbitrarily make judgment calls like this? :shk:

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably.
Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
(Romans 14:12-15)

Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God.
Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith:
for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

(Romans 14:22-23)

Do you understand what Paul is saying? Don't meddle! :shk:

Even if you think your legalism and servitude to sin is following christ and being saved--I'm not going to stumble over your block.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Where do you think christianity came from dbrandt, if not the Catholic church? I've said this before, but I'll say it again...

as being 'not correct' is actually not much different than your own.

dbrandt~why the heck are you asking me these questions?

Christianity began with the disciples of Christ who interacted with the actual Jesus. Over the course of 2 or 3 centuries, false followers of Christ crept in and began perverting the truth concerning Jesus, who He is, why He came, and an individuals response to Him. The truth was also perverted by mixing in pagan customs and traditions in the hope that by adding some of these ways pagans would feel more comfortable and become christian. That's not what happened though, the Gospel was perverted and lost it's core truth. That's what the reformation was all about. Returning to truth of Jesus death and burial and resurrection for sin and faith in Him alone brings salvation.

I am asking you these questions because you made some statements concerning sexual behavior a few days ago, that need more clarification.

There are certain sexual situations that are viewed as sinful by God, and since He says they are then He wants us to know they are, so that we stay away from them and not sin and be able to instruct others.

It appears that love is all that you say is required to have sex with someone. I'm tryiung ot find out if you think there are any boudaries concerning sex that are outside of what God says is right.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I understand its difficult to follow, but to encompass everything and show links and sources would be soooooooo tedius but I suppose it is necessary considering I'm trying to teach/show people.. but tis a difficult task.... My posts would consist of a page if I were to supply sources... I just wish everyone has read everything I have so we could discuss it more thoroughly and correct mistakes in understanding more clearly..

and I also understand how

is utterly confusing.. you would have to read all of the nag hammadi library and reread it.. so you can understand the pre/con-text, It isn't something that is read once and understood.. its something we should read on a daily basis, like some who read 'the bible'...

I appreciate your understanding of my dilemma, I was reading along and recognizing your quotes as Biblical based and all of a sudden here came "Barbelo", whom I confess to never having heard of before now.

However, much as I would have liked to have stayed on this thread for a while longer, I seem to have stepped on a certain queen's toes, so that she is apparently determined to try to make me feel dumb for not recognizing your sources, or at least for not googling them. I am bowing out because the effort not to respond in kind to her sarcasm is becoming overwhelming. Hence I'm answering her through the post to you and answering you in the same post, in a kind of economical manuver.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

However, much as I would have liked to have stayed on this thread for a while longer, I seem to have stepped on a certain queen's toes, so that she is apparently determined to try to make me feel dumb for not recognizing your sources, or at least for not googling them.

Curiosity~truly~you couldn't step on my toes even if we were dancing!

And I don't mean that in a sarcastic sense, either--I'm sorry if I gave you the impression I wanted to make you feel dumb--because I sure didn't mean it that way! And so I am very sorry for being so succint with that post--it sounded curt but it wasn't in rudeness, just hasty. Please forgive me...and I mean that sincerely.

My intention was just to give you a tip about how to find those kinds of texts--I didn't know myself until a few months ago that a copied phrase like that will land you immediately on the right search entry--it saves a lot of time. But instead I sounded like a jerk to you :shk: and I'm sorry.

Please don't go! Here--take my chair and beat me for a few minutes
I've got it coming!

I am bowing out because the effort not to respond in kind to her sarcasm is becoming overwhelming.

I admit I am often sarcastic--it's not all the time, though...I hope you reconsider, because I'm not trying to run anyone off. I just speak my mind, all the time--more directly than most yet I won't be rude just for kicks nor do I get my feelings hurt or offended. I hate to hurt anyone else's, either.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join