It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold a White Horse

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I'm just gonna say, you might want to reflect on the whole "lake of fire" thing. I don't think it's what you think it is. "...but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

Here's the difference as I see it. Annie believes it's God's will that everyone be saved, and it's a little (ahem) presumptuous to think anyone's personal "will" can thwart God's purpose. I mean, God is a loving God whose love surpasses any human capability of understanding and he wants us all to be saved. Or not.

I would really like for this be to true (that all are saved). But, I'm told by His Word, the Bible, otherwise. I'll explain in a bit. God allows us to make a choice. From Adam and Eve in the garden, to Moses, to Job, and so forth.

Many view as blasphemous any statement suggesting God can't, or won't, do what he says. I think scripture says it's his will that we all be saved. All. Eventually. No matter what. Apparently, your interpretation leads you to believe otherwise.

My "interpretation" is irrelevant. What God's Word says is this:

Jude 1:7
"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."

Matthew 18:8
"If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire."
Matthew 18:7-9 (in Context) Matthew 18 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."
Matthew 25:40-42 (in Context) Matthew 25 (Whole Chapter)

This next passage has a conditional on it. Read closely:

John 5:24
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."
John 5:23-25 (in Context) John 5 (Whole Chapter)

The words say "whomever" does what? "hears my word and believes". It is they who have eternal life, crossing from life to death. There are many others in the four gospels to support this.

I believe the lake of fire is a chastisement, and not a place of perpetual torment. I think we'll all ultimately be more than fine.

So are you you in disagreement with the above passages?

Good luck.

What is this "luck" and where in the Bible is it found?

[edit on 21-7-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

My "interpretation" is irrelevant.

I couldn't disagree more. If you don't think you're interpreting it, then we have absolutely no basis for discussion, and you're fooling yourself. We're all interpreting it.

So are you you in disagreement with the above passages?

I'm assuming you're referring to "eternal fire". No, I don't disagree. It doesn't say anything about how long someone's in there, or the purpose for being in there, or what happens while you're in there. Says the fire's eternal, not your presence in it.

What is this "luck" and where in the Bible is it found?

It's just an expression. I frequently make reference to things not found in the Bible. I didn't mean to offend. I'm not as consumed as some of you, and as a result may inadvertently offend. Shalom.

BTW, you'd like it to be true? Think your compassion exceeds God's? Well, either it does or your interpretation is lacking. Maybe, just maybe, you're missing something? In my irrelevant opinion.

And PPS- "condemned" = "judged and punished" not tortured for eternity. IMO.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I couldn't disagree more. If you don't think you're interpreting it, then we have absolutely no basis for discussion, and you're fooling yourself.

I believe that when I'm interpreting, that is to say discerning what is not written, that I am guessing and therefore have a great potential to be wrong. I will not lead anyone to my interpretation, rather encourage them to read it themselves and absorb that which is written, not interpret it how they wish.

We're all interpreting it.

Perhaps, but all that matters is the facts and what is written.

I'm assuming you're referring to "eternal fire". No, I don't disagree. It doesn't say anything about how long someone's in there, or the purpose for being in there, or what happens while you're in there. Says the fire's eternal, not your presence in it.

The quote from Jude says they "suffer" in eternal fire, not "suffered" or "for a time will suffer". There is a difference. It appears no matter how much more I quote, you'll provide more rationalizations otherwise. I'll encourage a re-read of Matthew and Revelation in that case as well as those quotes above where it says (in context) and (whole chapter). I don't think mods would like me quoting whole chapters here.

It's just an expression. I frequently make reference to things not found in the Bible. I didn't mean to offend. I'm not as consumed as some of you, and as a result may inadvertently offend. Shalom.

Thank you for this wishing of peace. The point I'm making is "luck" is indeed of a different religion, a superstitious belief that has no part in serving God. I point this expression out to help, not for any other reason. I used to say it too until I dug in there to learn more and how it relates to a different religion.

BTW, you'd like it to be true? Think your compassion exceeds God's?

I know that my thoughts are not His thoughts and my ways are not His ways...as it is written. I cannot see all ends, the big picture, and find His judgement to be righteous and holy no matter what I think or want. I am in flesh and prone to sin. He is not.

Well, either it does or your interpretation is lacking. Maybe, just maybe, you're missing something? In my irrelevant opinion.

I care about your opinion, but when it comes to the facts of the Bible, those facts are unchanging no matter what we think/feel.

And PPS- "condemned" = "judged and punished" not tortured for eternity. IMO.

If that word "eternity" was not used so many times in regards to our suffering we talking about in the full chapters, stated over and over again by Christ and in the Epistles....then I'd agree that condemned in the Biblical sense may not necessarily be torture nor for eternity. BUT! Thank God He has spoken plainly. Don't believe me, it's in the Book. I care about everyone too and want to see them ALL enjoying Heaven. This is why I'm working so hard. This is why Christ says to go out to all nations of the earth and spread the good news. This is why Christ said, "he who believes has eternal life". The condition on that statement is that they believe in Christ to have eternal life. I can quote more to this respect if you like. With your permission, I'd like to pray about this including both our names asking for Him to show us the light of the Word together so that the matter can be put to rest. Would that be okay with you?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Mistress Dora VanDyke riding on her 'white' horse' has brought to 'light' the ways of the 'great babylonian harlot' aka 'jezebel' in her 'male' members in their mis-use of the bible n other items...wow, Bravo, QueenAnnie38 !

Lay down 'boys' n kiss Jesus on His Wounds n maybe yours will be healed ! [secret, kissing the Wounds in Mary is the fast track]

BTW...the bible 'freaks/frauds never did address my 'words' on the 13 yo male/female...guess they're ashamed of what they are doing to the 'teenage Jesus/Mary in the teenage men/women !

Lolove n luck n good sex/emotions/passions etc...Ave Maria !

Holy Dora Dyke, Robin !

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
saint4God-

Not the whole "aeon" thing again. I don't have the energy for that one.

And just a little perspective about me- this topic doesn't consume me as much as it does others. Because I (Thank God) haven't been "called" I guess. And I'm not going to put anyone down. I believe it's what's in your heart that's important. And s4G, I believe you have a good heart. But I can also see where annie's coming from. She's got an incredibly strong conviction and...I don't have to recap, I'm sure. But I understand exactly her point.

Spiritual things are discerned spiritually, which I'm sure you know. And when I pray, study, read, meditate, what I pick up on is the love message. We have been given the ability to think, reason, and discern. If the message is "love" and the desire is for all to be saved, then how can that not happen? And don't say, "hey I'd like it too, but that's not what it says". If you think that's not what it says, then maybe....

Pray as much as you like, it's a good thing. Gotta run tie up some loose ends before the end of the day.

Peace.

Oh yeah- georgejohn? get some help or break the medication in half or something, ok?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

saint4God-

Not the whole "aeon" thing again. I don't have the energy for that one.

Hm? Not sure what you mean. I wasn't plan on using anyone's time or energy except my own to speak to God and ask.

And just a little perspective about me- this topic doesn't consume me as much as it does others. Because I (Thank God) haven't been "called" I guess. And I'm not going to put anyone down. I believe it's what's in your heart that's important. And s4G, I believe you have a good heart. But I can also see where annie's coming from. She's got an incredibly strong conviction and...I don't have to recap, I'm sure. But I understand exactly her point.

If you'd like to know for sure if you've been called, I'd be glad to help with that. I hope you don't put anyone down. I have no wish to put anyone down either. I do believe the heart is very important as well.

Spiritual things are discerned spiritually, which I'm sure you know. And when I pray, study, read, meditate, what I pick up on is the love message. We have been given the ability to think, reason, and discern. If the message is "love" and the desire is for all to be saved, then how can that not happen?

One can love sin, can they not? One can be selfish in their love and therefore remove someone else's love, can they not?

Proverbs 17:19
"He who loves a quarrel loves sin; he who builds a high gate invites destruction."

I desire for all to be saved too. Again, I'm working to that end. I know I cannot do it...but hopefully God uses me to accomplish the greatest part of that goal as possible. Christ did not say "Don't bother to spread the good news because all are already saved". It must be nice to sit on one's hiney and pretend everything is going to be alright, ignoring this command.

Pray as much as you like, it's a good thing. Gotta run tie up some loose ends before the end of the day.

Thanks and will do. I've found this praying to be highly successful in the past. Please let me know if you get news as well.

Peace.

Peace friend

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The good news:

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
(John 16:33)

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
(Hebrews 10:16-22)

The good news:

God did the dirty work--in order that we ALL may approach HIM. SINS have been forgiven. NOT will be forgiven, but HAVE BEEN forgiven.

When He appears again, it will be without sin, unto salvation.

Period.

I've been in that fire--yes it was torment--I suffered--I came out, eventually--a new person. It was the greatest misery I've ever been blessed with.

That fire is everlasting--'Our God is a consuming fire.' And only God is eternal. The longer we resist, the longer is the 'torture.' But it's not so bad because it is done out of DIVINE LOVE.

Therefore--Eternal Fire--Eternal God--Perfect Love--Casting out Fear.

[edit on 7/21/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hi queenannie, how about telling the audience to whom those two passages were written? After that, read what was written to those who did NOT believe. It's earlier in that very same book of the Bible.

Okay, next installment of what the condition is for eternal life. Everyone can say this one with me (hopefully):

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Question, who "shall not perish but have eternal life"?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

by yeahright
Oh yeah- georgejohn? get some help or break the medication in half or something, ok?

Have asked Steve to bring you some 'light', 'yeahright'...lol...

Have heard this 'cute', medication or 'meds' remark before and have come to the viewpoint that many on 'forums' are medicated and can only see things from their medicated 'junkie' viewpoints...lol...hoe !

As for me, I'm running on the natural elements and thankfully don't need or want any of the 'junk' medicine that is so ready n available to the brain controlled 'zombies' of the NWO/Illuminati...

The Question on the Teenage Prisoners is the Answer to most of the fn Problems that Humans have and does need to be looked at and addressed...and not answered by a 'gutter'slut' one liner [even though, I'm quite fond of 'gutter sluts']
... soooo may the 'White Horse' ride into this territory n we can shout 'Blessed are they who come in the Name of the Lord Jesus !

Lolove n Mazel etc... Ave Maria ! the Queen of Love !

[once again, Bravo QueenAnnie38]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. These things command and teach.
(1 Timothy 4:9-11)

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
(1 Timothy 2:3-6)

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
(Psalms 27:14)

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Hm? Not sure what you mean. I wasn't plan on using anyone's time or energy except my own to speak to God and ask.

My fault. Meant to say "aionian" not aeon". A reference to what is commonly believed to mean "eternal". Never mind. Press on. Like I said, we don't need to go there.

Georgejohn? Tell "Steve" I got somethin' for him, too.

I'm out. Got some serious hiney sitting to do.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

My fault. Meant to say "aionian" not aeon". A reference to what is commonly believed to mean "eternal". Never mind. Press on. Like I said, we don't need to go there.

Amen, brother. It's futile, anyway...I've exhausted the subject countless times to no avail.

I'm out. Got some serious hiney sitting to do.

Be sure and let me know if you're ever in the neighborhood--that way I can go get some primo porkchops~!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Saint Mary Magdalene Day 07/22 ..... and still not a 'peep' from the 'turkeys' on the 'Teenage Question' mmmmmmmmmmm...

Did the 'White Horse' of Truth ride over 'em' ????? oohhh well !

Lolove n luck etc.................Ave Maria ! N Bless Mary Magdalene !

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
'All the words that you say may be fine and true but I would rather get my example by observing what you do'

Holy Dora Dyke, Robin ! 155 days to Christmas !

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Just because the weekend came and went is no reason for this post to put the brakes on. Lets hear some more.

BTW, Georgejohn, I feel the need to apologize to you for your own benefits. I had posted to you a little harshly on another occasion because of my lack of understanding your colorful use of language and what exactly you mean when you say things. Don't feel bad, because I never learned Latin or Spanish either.

Either way, I will duly read between the lines of your diction.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by ben91069]

Jn

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Queenannie38,

According to the Bible white or light might not be always what it seems, so it says to be aware of imitations, have a look at this famous Bible quote-

"2 Corinthians 11:14

14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jn
According to the Bible white or light might not be always what it seems, so it says to be aware of imitations, have a look at this famous Bible quote-

"2 Corinthians 11:14

14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

Thanks!

Actually, I've probably got all the 'famous' quotes swimming around in my head most of the time...and some of the not-so-famous, as well.

The seals is a sign of God's guarantee--all things He sealed are true and can be trusted.

No one believes that, and I can't make them. But it is the case--a simple bit of research into the idea of kings putting their seal (via their signet ring, usually) would prove a lot. But no one cares about anything but gruesome doom and all that.

I care about the good and the promises. I have had my share of gruesome doom and it turns out it was good medicine!

Besides all that, I trust God not to let me be deceived or led astray. So He won't. It's that simple. Trust Him and He will fulfill that trust.

But, once again, no one wants to actually give up the driver's seat or the steering wheel....

Me, I gave my car away, altogether!

PS White is ALWAYS purity in the bible. Even when it speaks of being 'leprous' or having leprous spots of skin--which is ALWAYS purity.

And white is not = to illumination, brightness, or light. It is a 'color' when it is mentioned -- it is a sign of the soul being seven-fold fulfilled because white is made from all 7 colors in the rainbow (the token of His covenant with ALL FLESH)...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I find it very ironic that you banner this as your signature as:

for a number of reasons. But, one that I want to point out that's most prominent is that the reason why you insisted on separating yourself from believers of God through Christ as this:

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." - 2 Corinthians 6:14-16

The people in that prayer group you wrote the condemning e-mail to were believers, those who practice the teachings of Christ.

Furthermore, I'd like to add to that:

"What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
"Therefore come out from them
and be separate, says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you."
"I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." - 2 Corinthians 6:16-6:18

and

"Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three." - Luke 12:50-52

queenannie, what do you believe Christ is saying regarding the above? What is Paul talking about in these 2 Corinthian verses?

[edit on 10-8-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
In 10 pages of this stuff has "queen" replied to any question that required serious thought, study and reason?

No amount of questioning, no amount of sound exegesis and/or sound hermeneutics will snap queen back into reality until she decides to carry on a sincere and real, non-one-sided chat.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I find it very ironic that you banner this as your signature as:

for a number of reasons.

No doubt. The main one being one you are probably not aware of; which is your haste to make judgement for the sake of your own self-justification. I want to say 'Don't worry about it!' But if I did, I know that you'd reply with something to the effect that you're only worried about me or maybe not worried at all - something to that effect. But in reality, you are beginning to act like your buddy Sun Matrix, and frankly that worries me.

At any rate...

Saint4God, do you not discern the difference between 'co-existing' and 'being yoked together'?

To co-exist means to get along, side by side on the same planet, regardless of personal belief, and not fight over our differences of any sort, be they spiritual or otherwise!

To be yoked together with another means to labor together in the same field, for the same master, on the same day, and in the same sweat, nearly. It means to share work together.

The two are worlds apart....We can all co-exist peacefully and never does there have to be any case of an ox being yoked with an ass. (just an allegorical allusion to Deuteronomy 22:10 for the purpose of illustration, only)

"What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
"Therefore come out from them
and be separate, says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you."
"I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." - 2 Corinthians 6:16-6:18

and

"Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three." - Luke 12:50-52

queenannie, what do you believe Christ is saying regarding the above? What is Paul talking about in these 2 Corinthian verses?

Well, primarily they are not saying the same thing as the other; not at all! And the second one is totally irrelevant to my reasons for heeding God's reminder to 'be not yoked with unbelievers.' So let's leave that one for another interrogation, if you don't mind.

Paul is speaking of purity. I was motivated by purity. I'm not sure that you can understand what I mean by 'purity' or why it is of the utmost importance in my life right now. Maybe if you did a word study on the subject, you might begin to understand. But that's entirely up to you.

And really, Saint4God, why don't you let it go? Because you know what? It wasn't about you at all. Not any of you; at least not on a personal level. So get over it. I did what I had to do, for reasons you would not only refuse to try to understand, if I was so foolish to give you any information at all, you would reject it immediately just based on your own frame of mind and prejudice toward me.

And that is not beneficial from any perspective.

And to be quite honest, I don't have any interest in wasting my time striving and bickering with you over your ideas of what I am representing by anything I say or display on my signature line.

Especially when you didn't reply to my post on whatever thread it was we last exchanged 'ideas.' Instead you come over here to poke another jab at me, it would seem - while avoiding a direct reply to what I've already said about the same sort of thing that we'd probably quickly get into, right here on this thread.

So either reply to my other post or not. But I'm not going to go round and round, round-robin style, on this board because of your issues (not mine).

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join