It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everquest...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If anyone plays EverQuest, and is ever on Bristlebane... look me up.

Afex - 65 rogue
Aion - 65 cleric
Acco - 65 druid
Holzer - 63 monk
Armataj - 65 bard

Later

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I played since december '99 to about mid july 2k3.. finally quit. It's just so boring.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Everquest sux ass ... so does runescape for that matter ... dun see much difference between the two ... I dunno ... I hate them. I wanna see Morrowind played online .. that would make me happy

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Everquest is the most incredible piece of $hit game ever made. I played the PS2 Version for a bit and I regret ever buying it.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
World of Warcraft looks good. but then again it will most likely be full on 12 yr old wannabe l33t d00dz that think they can pvp

but

Most likely they will suck and become fodder underneath my orcs foot!!!!

WAAAAAAAGH!!

oh yeah EQ sucks... the graphics make me ill!

the terrain looks fugly to me for some reason!

i played on release then quit after 6 months picked it up again about 5 months ago played for 1 day and uninstalled.

I NEED PVP BABY!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
World of Warcraft does look awesome.

How bout Final Fantasy XI?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I lost a good friend to everquest once. I vowed I'd never play that game.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thats why I don't like EQ it's all about being loot whores imo

My first MMORPG was UO, during my newbie days I was pked alteast 5 times a day for 3 weeks, finally i learned to pvp and kicked arse!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My sister's EX husband is totally addicted to everquest. Quit his fulltime job and took a part time so he could have more time online. He's a stormwarden or some such at level 65. All he talks about is what's going on there. It turned the man's brain to clam sauce.
she bailed.

BG

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In the beginning, it was a great game...It was all about exploration, lots of Roleplaying... Then it became all about "camping" and it lost it's appeal (for me anyways..) As some may know, I was in the beta, and even formed a guild on Fennin Ro, one of the first in the game "House DeVir" as Dinin DeVir...(dark elf cleric...talk about difficult, hehe...) My guild was one of the first to learn the secret underground paths... What fun it was to show up where we shouldn't be.... For many, it was the first time they had even seen a dark elf...(back in the day of course)....

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Anybody else ever play this, before the terms "camping" and "kiting" became terms...???

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I started about the time when kiting and camping were becoming "the thing you do" when I first started I met some friends who all played about the same time.. we knew the theory of kiting, and knew what camping was, but prefered to go run around West Karana looking for lions, bears, giant spiders, beetles etc. Rather than sit at the bandit camp, or blackburrow waiting for one spawn after the other.

That ended in less than a month though, soon it was all about the camping and "phat lewt".

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
We actually had storylines and roleplaying, but eventually, more and more people were all about the loot. I played for a while, and from the first day, but I still only reached 28th level, and with one character... Guess that shows you how much I camped, hehe... I had what I called "level days" but never cared much for specific items (as eventually, they were guild hand me downs anyways.). I was one of the first to have a full suit of bought matching plate though (looked damn impressive), given to me by the guild members (what a great bunch of guys)... Our enemy guilds made it fun, and once they kind of dissolved, so did the roleplay....

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yup when I first started I sought out roleplayers, and found a small group fo about 4, that were happy to have me. At the time I played a wood elf rogue. When they quit, I didn't feel like playing him anymore, but then my cousin and a good friend started playing so we all made new characters. When I quit my cast of characters was this:

61+12aa Ogre Shaman
52 Gnome Rogue
47 Ogre Shadowknight
46 Dark Elf enchanter
44 Dark Elf Wizard
40 Gnome Mage
31 Wood Elf Ranger
26 Half Elf Bard
24 Gnome Enchanter
24 Gnome Mage

and a bunch that never made it past 10-20.(would usually quit them around 13)

I had 2 accounts (my friend bought me one, so I could PL a wizard so we could port around.. then PoP came out and travel was no longer a problem)

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
My wife and I played a while but ultimately quit... theres just no time for it with both of us owrking and all.. I have seen EQ 2 screenshots and am impressed with graphics.. should be only a matter of time before Sony rules the world..

new topics

top topics

join