It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways to find Casting calls for movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hello there,
I'm planning on going into the film business. I'm young and have plenty of time. However im having troubles finding auditions for movies. To act in, and learn from jsut being on movie sets. Ive found some sites that allow you to search for movie auditions in your area, however they want money in order to gve u a call to reach this audition. I can't afford to pay money to some random company so that i can find an audition.
So if anybody maybe has experience or at least might know where i can and should look i would really appreciate the help. Tips for general film making if in case their are film makers on ATS is welcome as well!
THankyou!
-Vesu

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Most cities and states in the US have a "Film Board", a government body that provides the licenses for filming in the area. Most of these sites I've found also have casting call notices for projects, you should start with the one for your area.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
THankyou! ill try to learn more about that. Glad someone was able to help out lol.
-Vesu

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Also you could join the "Screen actors guild" but their union dues might not fit into your budget, either.

Newspapers usually print notices in the "help wanted" classifieds for extras.

If you feel you have talent, find an "agent" in your area and convince him/her/it to get you some roles.

Borrow an video camera, put it on a tripod and make your own movies starring yourself and your friends. Put it on cable access TV and you have just entered the film business.

Have fun!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Years ago, one could find announcements in Variety Magazine for casting calls -- mostly for extras. I had hopes at one time of landing gigs being an "extra", you know, an anonymous civilian walking by in the background or a diner in a restaurant. Unfortunately, most such casting calls were in Hollywood or L.A. though some could be found in other locales around the States.

I haven't looked at a Variety magazine in years -- at least twentyfive years -- so I couldn't tell you if such ads still even exist but it's worth a shot. But if you are interested in getting into the "biz", picking up a copy of Variety might not be a waste of time.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Borrow an video camera, put it on a tripod and make your own movies starring yourself and your friends. Put it on cable access TV and you have just entered the film business.

Have fun!!!

That's what i do now, i write and film my own movies in all of my free time. I own a pretty nice camera and editing software. I would jsut really like some real movie set experience as well. Good for resumes as well.
THankyou for your help everyone ill tyr everything out possible. I appreciate it.
-Vesu

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vesuvius 13
Hello there,
I'm planning on going into the film business. I'm young and have plenty of time. However im having troubles finding auditions for movies. To act in, and learn from jsut being on movie sets. Ive found some sites that allow you to search for movie auditions in your area, however they want money in order to gve u a call to reach this audition. I can't afford to pay money to some random company so that i can find an audition.
So if anybody maybe has experience or at least might know where i can and should look i would really appreciate the help. Tips for general film making if in case their are film makers on ATS is welcome as well!
THankyou!
-Vesu

one way to get actors is, post ads in news papers or magazines or something like that, if you do that you may get calls and letters asking you for jobs in no time.

new topics

top topics

join