It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation/Evolution goes hand in hand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hey everyone,there's been a recent rise in these creationism threads recently so i thought i'd share with you my own theory opinions on the subject. Any and all feedback is appreciated. With that said lets get into it.
There's a debate over which is correct,evolution or creationism(divine intervention,whatever you want to call it.) I believe in both,and i'll tell you why. First off i am a religious person,which is why i decided to make this thread. According to the bible god created the universe and everything in it. Do i think he snapped his fingers and voila!! here is earth?, no. But i think he started the big bang.Now if he did this,then he would be responsible for everything in the universe. We all know the rest of how the earth/solar system formed.
So,we have earth.Evolution does it's thing,micro organisms emerge.....etc. I believe the only time god intervenes is when he creates man in his image. We are uniquely different from the other mammals on this planet.Now in the bible even before man,the highest ranking angel in heaven, lucifer causes and uprising in heaven. He would be the number 2 guy in terms of power. For this act against him god banishes lucifer and his followers which is 1/3 of the angels in heaven to earth/hell.

This post is turning out to be long so ill break it up into 2 parts. sorry for the length.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Now if lucifer was jealous that god created man,maybe he tried to create his own beings. Maybe he wanted to show god that he could do what god did but better?

What im trying to get across is maybe his first attempt was apes? We share 98%(correct?) of our dna. Seems plausible. Lucifer just wasnt strong enough. His second attempt would could neanderthal. Even closer to us than apes,but not quite right. Caves have been found with cromagnon(modern ppl) and neanderthals living together.Neanderthals intelligence wasnt on the same level as cromagnon.Neanderthal's body was bigger and more animal like than ours.As we know they eventually died off. If lucifer was not as powerful as god but damn close, then this would seem on par.

The idea of this thread was to just get the idea out there. The throw out the concept that maybe evolution isnt wrong,and maybe creationism isnt wrong either. Maybe humans are the exception in the rule. Or maybe im just crazy and this thread was a waste of bandwith,who knows.At the least it should be amusing to read.......

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
First of all, i disagree sooo very much =)

But heres a question for you, if god created man, but everything else just came along, how come we resemble other animals so much? Humans are uniqe, yes, but not anymore uniqe than a donkey.

Too me, this post seems like you trying to defend your religion, and so be it, you got every right to be religious, christian or muslim, but evolution does not go very well with the bible, in the bible god created everything as we see it, in your interpretation, god just set everything in motion (Which the bible does not say.)

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm not trying to defend my religion at all. If it came out that way,im sorry. True it does say in the bible that god created everything,it doesnt say how. It's the how that i was just...speculating on i guess.If he creates the big bang,then he is responsible for creating everything. What im' theorizing is that maybe god influenced us more than the other animals. Gave us the ability to use our brains in ways that chimps can't.
From a physical standpoint,chimps are capable of doing everthing we can,yet they were here before we were,and we're the ones typing on our pc's engaging in this discussion.So when i said humans are unique,i meant it in that sense,not the physical. We resemble other animals because we are connected to them. We live on the same planet,have the same needs for survival,were born of the same stardust as everthing in the solar system.
So,in the end this wasnt intended to be a right/wrong view on the subject.More of a what if/why not/maybe???? view of the subject, but thanks for replying to post.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
We, humans, are able to do what we do because of our amazing brain.

Everyone animal is uniqe in its own way, perfected through natural selection.

According to your theory, theres no need for natural selection for humans? But we still carry the signs of it?

That we, humans, got our minds through evolution is no more incredible than sandtiger sharks way of beeing pregnant, than the amazing hearing and echo visualization of bats.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am unsure of my religious stance at this moment, But let's posit this question.

If "god" is truly merciful and omnipotent, dont you think he would give life the means and ability to survive through adaptation? Evolution is merely a species struggle for survival, and in some since, eternal life. If god is as powerful as religious people say, he could do anything he wanted. Creating life with the ability to adapt to ever changing circumstance would be an everlasting testiment to his power.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rafermadness
I am unsure of my religious stance at this moment, But let's posit this question.

If "god" is truly merciful and omnipotent, dont you think he would give life the means and ability to survive through adaptation? Evolution is merely a species struggle for survival, and in some since, eternal life. If god is as powerful as religious people say, he could do anything he wanted. Creating life with the ability to adapt to ever changing circumstance would be an everlasting testiment to his power.

Or make animals able to survive every enviroment?

Or alteast give us the power to adapt a little faster. Billions of creatures have died cus of their habitat chaning, and changing quick.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
And besides... i dont really think youre talking about evolution here. This is Orthogenesis.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg
And besides... i dont really think youre talking about evolution here. This is Orthogenesis.

If thats directed towards me, I'm not proposing or supporting ANY theory. It merely surprises me how many creationists cannot reconcile science with faith. Religious Dogma has been altered numerous times throughout the ages, and it adapts to fit our understanding of the universe. To be closed minded to new discoveries and understanding will, it seems, repulse rather than compel others to your theories.

In actuallity I am much more prone to believe science, so get off my case
I served my time as a knee-jerk christian, i was let off for good behavior.

But to be fair, if god created uber-life that could withstand anything, why would we need a god?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I believe in both

Creationism states that god made the different types of organisms, evolution states that nature did without reference to god. They're antithetical.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I believe in both

Creationism states that god made the different types of organisms, evolution states that nature did without reference to god. They're antithetical.

This is not necessarily so. Could one not believe that God created evolution as a means of creating life?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athenion

Originally posted by Nygdan

I believe in both

This is not necessarily so. Could one not believe that God created evolution as a means of creating life?

I believe Nygdan is talking about creationism proper ie, Genesis is an accurate depiction of the creation of the earth/universe/life. Some people would call theistic evolution and/or ID creationism, when technically, they're not. They're telic but don't believe Genesis gives a proper (scientific) model of the universe/life... semantics mostly imho *shrug*

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Rren]

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Rren]

top topics

join