It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydrocodone vs. Oxycodone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've been under surgery on my arm for a radial head fracture on and off for a couple of years and just got another surgery about a week ago. Direcetly after both surgeries they injected me so much dilaudin I felt "comfortably numb." But after the first surgery they gave me pure oxycode (percalone) as a prescription to take home and this time they gave my Vicadin (Hydrocode + APAP [tylenol])

What's the real diffference between the hydrocodone in the Vicodin and the oxycodone in the Peralone/Peracet etc... in my actually I think the hyderocode is bettter, but the doctors are more willling to prescrube that than the hydrocode.

Anyway, I'll stip my ramble and ask if anyone has had experience withe theses drugs. (of course leaglly prescribed by a doctor).

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I've been under surgery on my arm for a radial head fracture on and off for a couple of years and just got another surgery about a week ago. Direcetly after both surgeries they injected me so much dilaudin I felt "comfortably numb."

:lol; :lol; they really have been loading you up eh!

Anyway, I'll stip my ramble and ask if anyone has had experience withe theses drugs. (of course leaglly prescribed by a doctor).

Are you concerned about becoming addicted?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My wife has been on both for pain management, still is.

She says that the Hydro has much milder side effects, the dizzyness, the thirstyness, the mood changes. But, is not as good at manageing her pain..

The Oxy DEFINITELY produces a greater mood swing.
She doesn't admit to THAT part, but, alas, I am sometimes on the recieving end of those!

She does admit that she has a greater withdrawl problem with the Oxy, if she finishes her prescription a coupld of days early, it's pretty bad for her..

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
man by the looks of that post you need to detox a little bit:w: when i take the lortab makes me itch like a flea infested bear.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well it seems my doctors are trying to throw everything at me for long-term non-narcotic pain managment, but so far only vicodin has really worked. And, yes it does make me a bit dopey :w: Today I started taking gabapentin and I'm already taking amitriptyline. But I'm still needing hydrocodone.

My main question is does anyone else here have a similar problem? What medications have really worked on their chronic pain other than narcotics?

top topics

join