It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fragile Earth ??? Fragile Intelligence ... is more like it ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am not sure as to where this should go this is my best ... options as to this point in this thread but not sure where it is going to lead us ...

As this earth has evolved so has everything in it. Plants, animals, and even us humans. As everything has evolved ... it has mostly been for the worse; I have noticed. Everything has it's place here on earth as we all know. We have tried to say this is why this is here and this is why this is here. And without this this will not be able to survive.

I have been thinking about this ... as I was going to sleep the other night. And the idea came to me that maybe we were put here for ourselves. By that I mean maybe we were put here to learn all that we can about one another. To be intricate with one another. What if we never needed to actually speak to communicate ??? But, we as humans learned to Lie, cheat, steal, and condor up some pretty horrific stories to make others believe what we say is true. This all goes back to the Hear no Evil; speak no evil; see no evil. What if all we have learned to do is learn how NOT to learn anymore. No animal other than us humans communicate with words. Although all of them communicate whether it be through actions or whatnot ... What if we have lost the art of silent communications through ages of learning how to speak and teaching someone we do not say this or say that ... When what we should really be teaching them words are words and technically don't mean crap. Because I can say I love you more than anything ... but I do not show you how much I love you ... or show you any love ... Does this mean that love is what I am showing you ???

Anyways, this is just food for thought ... I am not sure where this thread is going exactly, I have so many thoughts. That there is not really enough room in this one post to express them. So I will see what my fellow ATS and BTW members think of this before I go any further. Thanks for the attention .. Any reply would be amazing ... Thanks again ...

[edit on 23-6-2006 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well .. This not going anywhere soon ...

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What if mind control was possible ... to the point where you could take control of someones thoughts and make them think they were; have been; or are in a plce in which they have never been ??? What if you could make someone do somethign they wouldn't normally do. I know that this can be done in the fourth stage of being hypnotized. but anyways .. Anyone with information on being hypnotized this may be where this thread needs to go before you guys can start to COMPREHEND what I am meaning by we have lost ... SO MUCH .... Who knows ... What if Mind Control is how we started our lifes ... and as we have gone through the ages the Dinosurs got extinct ... Being the only creatures that could really harm us being physical. Other than some creatures that are scarce. .. What if What if What if .... These are just really Overexagerations ... but ... ... There are still lots of answers out there that have not yet been un covered. Some people are good with animals and some are not ... What if ... ....

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So what exactly do you wish to discuss? I am having trouble understanding the thread:

The possibility of telepathic abilities?
Mind Control?
Evolution of speach?

I am not really sure

If you could reiterate your comments, maybe people would reply

[edit on 6/27/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
OK OK ... I am sorry my mind is not so good at putting stuff in order ... ... I am from Texas maybe the educational system has some flaws not sure LoL .. Anyways .... Ummm ...

#1. Have people always talked to one another to communicate ? I am thinking not so much .. We used to use symbols .... and signs possibly !??

#2. If people were always here ... instead of maybe possibly evolving from an ape ... What if we evolved from more intellegent creatures as far as communicating with one another. Or maybe there were so many other creatures that could hurt us ... We were worried about dying to much to even consider killing another ....

#3. If we did start off communicating with hand signs and Pictures/symbols ... How do you think we communicated before that ? Were there little actions that we lost as we have evolved such as ... if someone raised an eye brow .. maybe danger ... was on its way .. If someone ... rubbed thier stomach .. maybe food ... or so forth and so on .. I know this went on alittle bit as it still does .. But what we still have left of these simple motions .... basically I think there is alot more to then we have looked at ..................... NOW CAN YOU UNDERSTAND ? ? ? Probably not .. I will probably have to sit down and re read what i write 4 or 5 times .. then draft it on to here ... ... Then there will still be stuff i will want to add and it will be all muble Jumble again .. So please try and understand ... THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX ...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
OK OK OK .... WSo I was sitting up last nite ... And thinking about all of my thoughts and I came up with .. alot of differnt ideas ... Here goes .............

If we used to be able to communicate without using words. Then was it somethign to do with our eyes ??? People have problems with staring .... Hence the we have come up with the phrases :

"Are you looking at me?"

"Take a picture it'll last longer!"

"Got a problem?"

I am a white 22 year old male ... to clear this all up now ... My best friend which is black ... and is now married to my sister and me have talked about this alot. I hope that noone takes this offensive ... Please realize that I am just trying to bring out some key points as to why I have been led to believe this ... or something of this nature had to have taken place ...

African Americans have probably been the last people on the face of this planet to be civilized as far as having a government or public schooling or other means of learning new methods of learning. My black friend is one of the most intuitive people I have ever met in my life. He says it's street smarts which some of what maybe true. But certain situations which he knows somehting is going to happen or feels bad about a certain situation always seems to be true. Could this have anything to do with that some people still have HIGHLY TUNED SENSES ??? That come and go ??? If so I know it is not only blacks who have this ... because I to sense things ... Especially with him, the other day ... I was at a snow cone stand and I thought I saw him in my mind driving behind me I turn around and walk to the road and sure enough .... He was driving right by .. he turned around and we talked about it ... Was the wierdest thing that has ever happend to me ... Could some of the MAGIC VOODOOO .. have anything to do with this ... ???

I am saying this because when we started these things, we lost what we were naturally given to us ... Which was some abilities to ... do certain things ... I am not sure as how to put these things because I am not sure as to what Extent these things GO ! Maybe mind reading .. Maybe feeling the presence of another person was so acute are hunting skills would be amazing. Maybe we lived with the Dinosaurs ... and are ... WILD INSTINCTS that we had is what kept us safe .... Maybe we could look at the Dinosaurs in the eyes and control them .... Or maybe certain people could ??? Maybe this was the reason to have a high priest or a King ... It was the person who could actually make themsleves king by maybe protecting everyone else ??? Or Maybe it doesn't go that deep. but there are for sure something I am onto here ... We just need to discuss and Hypothesize ... (not a real word) ... ...

ON TOP OF ALL OF THIS .. What about one of the most famous Paintings in the world the Mona Lisa ???? It changes the way she looks at you ... and WHY ???? Because some painter left off the Eyes to the painting ... Was this painter onto something more than he could try to explain .. because if he did try and explain this ... his life may have looked like this thread I have been trying to start for a MONTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why do people care so much about a LOOK ? Why can someone tell if you are having a bad day by a look ?? Why is it that some people can tell what others are thinking just by the way their facial expressions appear ?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well, I think one of the things you said was deffenitly true. I look around a see people deevolutionizing (is that a word lol) more then I see them evolving. I think evolution is a modern day attempt to make us feel special. For Example.. "Wow how exciting we are almost there just not quite yet, and who knows where mankind will go. Mans future is soo bright" I beg to differ.

To me its all going south, "natives" havent yet become as advanced as us. Or is it possible they are what is left of a bigger society and body of knowledge that became scattered? We already have no idea where we came from as far as science tells us, were just another animal. Except we have gained a higher form of conscience...ok well how did that hapen?? Doesnt make sense to me, the only thing that really does is, the idea of a Creator. To me its obvious that knowledge all came from one source, ruth is absoulte and has a foundation.

As far as bodily communication I think you pick up on alot more then you would guess. Posture, facial expressions, general demeanor of a person is very telling.

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Scyman]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scyman
Well, I think one of the things you said was deffenitly true. I look around a see people deevolutionizing (is that a word lol) more then I see them evolving. I think evolution is a modern day attempt to make us feel special. For Example.. "Wow how exciting we are almost there just not quite yet, and who knows where mankind will go. Mans future is soo bright" I beg to differ.

To me its all going south, "natives" havent yet become as advanced as us. Or is it possible they are what is left of a bigger society and body of knowledge that became scattered? We already have no idea where we came from as far as science tells us, were just another animal. Except we have gained a higher form of conscience...ok well how did that hapen?? Doesnt make sense to me, the only thing that really does is, the idea of a Creator. To me its obvious that knowledge all came from one source, ruth is absoulte and has a foundation.

As far as bodily communication I think you pick up on alot more then you would guess. Posture, facial expressions, general demeanor of a person is very telling.

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Scyman]

This is ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE .... but do you think it is possible that once upon a time when a person couldn't communicate with words ... That is was possible to live in a land where everyone just lived in peace and didn't need to speak with each other because they all realized they must all live in peace. Whether it be to protect them from something ... Or ... whether it be everything wwas so perfect that they didn't have much use for words they just went about life living it happily ????

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, since I am a creationist, I believe that man was created with language. He was given the ability to commun with his creator. As far as peace goes, at one time yes, perfect peace in this world. SO much so that not even animals had reason to destroy one another. The entire world was effected by sin, so that is no longer possible here on earth.

A cool thing about language though, the animals listened to man, letting him name them, thus showing mans dominion of the animals. Secondly when eve was tempted by the snake she didnt show any fright, of course no reason for fear back then. However she didnt question the snakes ability to talk, possibly man could on some level communicate with animals on a level he doesnt today???

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scyman
Well, since I am a creationist, I believe that man was created with language. He was given the ability to commun with his creator. As far as peace goes, at one time yes, perfect peace in this world. SO much so that not even animals had reason to destroy one another. The entire world was effected by sin, so that is no longer possible here on earth.

A cool thing about language though, the animals listened to man, letting him name them, thus showing mans dominion of the animals. Secondly when eve was tempted by the snake she didnt show any fright, of course no reason for fear back then. However she didnt question the snakes ability to talk, possibly man could on some level communicate with animals on a level he doesnt today???

Why do you think that we are not able to communicate with animals ??? Do you think it is a language that wasn't used for many numerous amount of years. So we eventually lost the ... ABILITY ... ??? Or you think that it was nevera communication that if you feed the squirrels in your yard everyday .. Eventually they will eat outta your hand. And you will maybe even be able to tell alittle bit about how they are feeling that day by thier actions just because you communicate with them daily !????????????? This could be what I am looking at getting from this thread although at first my thoughts were ... Not heading to such an easy understanding of this complex ... feelings we get just by looking at someones facial expressions ... or ACTIONS all together. ...

top topics

join