It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinan life $1 and Jewish life $2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
How much is human life worth?

1 million dollars?

10 million dollars?

Are some cheaper than others?

I say every single human is priceless.

What do you think?

Prime Minister of Israel thinks: Israeli lives worth more than Palestinian ones

news.independent.co.uk...

Israeli lives worth more than Palestinian ones

By Donald Macintyre in Khan Yunis, Gaza Strip

23 June 2006

Ehud Olmert, the Israeli Prime Minister, expressed "deep regret" for army operations that have killed 14 Palestinian civilians in Gaza in just nine days but said the lives of Israeli citizens threatened by Qassam attacks were "even more important"....

Mr Olmert said last night in Caesarea: "I am deeply sorry for the residents of Gaza, but the lives, security and well-being of the residents of Sderot [the Israeli border town which has borne the brunt of Qassam attacks] is even more important . I reject the attacks on the IDF and its commanders. No one is more dedicated or more cautious, and will continue to be so in the future."

Kofi Annan, the UN secretary general, this week called on Israel to ensure its responses were "proportionate and do not put civilians at grave risk ". Almost three times as many Palestinian civilians have been killed in Gaza in the past nine days as Israeli civilians in Sderot killed by Qassam rockets in the past five years.

There you have it.

Prime Minister is saying that innocent civilians on our side are more valuable than innocent civilians on your side.

In other words, that is like saying Palestinian life is worth $1 dollar, and Jewish life worth $2.

obviously a pretty absurd statement coming from the PM.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
As to the value of anyone's life?

Another sensationalist title and inflammatory content without any substantiation.

The closest you can claim from the link you provided is this:

Ehud Olmert, the Israeli Prime Minister, expressed "deep regret" for army operations that have killed 14 Palestinian civilians in Gaza in just nine days but said the lives of Israeli citizens threatened by Qassam attacks were "even more important".

More important? You bet, they are citizens of Israel, the country he's Prime Minister of. Perhaps you could point to Palestinian official that thinks that Israeli citizens are more important... I'll bet not.

Agenda have you grasping at straws?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
In the link you have provided “Mr. Conspiracy” I can not find any specific dollar value to life…but I do see a value to life as a purported……

The dead woman's husband, Nidal Wahba, 39, said the couple's 18-month-old son Khaled was in hospital after having emergency surgery for injuries to his head. With heavy irony, he added: "He has been shooting rockets at Amir Peretz", the Israeli Defence Minister who lives in Sderot.

Do bad things…expect bad things….

mg

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Even though I think the title of the thread is trying to inflame and not inform, and pushing or even breaking the rule the moderator posted in a sticky today.

I think the story is talking about how a person said, that an Israeli felt an attack on his country was bad. And that they were more important (Israel) and the security is more important, than the subsequent retaliation on the (the Palestinians.)

I think most people feel this way to an extent. If someone attacks your family then you will think your family is more important, and you will do anything to portect your family. Countries are like big families. If your next door neighbor attacks your family and your children then you want to retaliate against your neighbor and protect your family.

All life is equal in value..................

But the situation with Israel and the Palestinians is like the Hatfield and McCoy family fued in the American past. Sensless killing, and no one has a straight answer on who started it, (since everyone has an opinion on who started it.), and do not how to let the value of the human life of the other side have an equal value.

I bet many Palestinians think Israeli lives are worth $0.00. So congratulations on finding an atricle on the net, and continuing this fued. And not trying to find a solution to the crisis.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by missed_gear
in the link you have provided “Mr. Conspiracy” I can not find any specific dollar value to life…but I do see a value to life as a purported……
External Source

The dead woman's husband, Nidal Wahba, 39, said the couple's 18-month-old son Khaled was in hospital after having emergency surgery for injuries to his head. With heavy irony, he added: "He has been shooting rockets at Amir Peretz", the Israeli Defence Minister who lives in Sderot.

Do bad things…expect bad things….

I got the impression he was talking about his 18 month old son, hence the 'heavy irony'.

originally posted by sbob
I bet many Palestinians think Israeli lives are worth $0.00.

Not this guy:

But Mr Wahba, who works for an aluminium fabrication firm, said he wanted to see an end to violence on both sides. "We are against all this. We don't want to teach our children violence. I wouldn't like to see this happen to Israeli people."

"There are people in Gaza who want to make war against Israel and people who want to make peace. I want the Palestinians to have one goal and that should be peace."

I'm not sure i'd be so forgiving if my wife had just been killed and my baby son put in hospital. If the leaders of both sides could think like this we'd be halfway to a real solution by now.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
I got the impression he was talking about his 18 month old son, hence the 'heavy irony'.

Unless I fully misunderstand your comment...andy 18 month year old would not be firing 'rockets'....yes?

mg

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
There you have it.

All you've done is cite the same quote as I did, I see no monetary assignment there, or anywhere else.

Care to try again, or perhaps give the "edit" function a whirl and try to be a little more... Accurate?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For Ehumd Olmert to even insinuate that The lives of Israeli citizens threatened by Quassam attacks were Even more important is denigrating and is putting a prices on humans one side better than the other one.

Mr.conspiracy in his started thread didn’t said that Israelis were putting prices on Palestinian lives.

He is just bringing an important issue about humanity as a whole especially in the problematic area of the Gaza strip.

He is asking a question and as expressed by the Israeli prime minister that Israeli lives are More important.

So is that true? Who’s lives are value more than others by depending on one person views

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Marg,

in the current military operation in Iraq, is it not common to assume that American lives are more important than Iraqis? I mean, all these incidents when a vehicle is approaching a checkpoint and doesn't stop in time, and is riddled with bullets by our soldiers -- is it not saying exactly that? I'm not saying it's wrong to shoot at the vehicle which does that, although I bleieve there were many deaths that could be avoided.

Similar argument goes for many other siutations (Fallujah etc).

Look -- according to many sources, even in the initial stage of the invasion, thousands of civilans were killed. Collateral damage. What is it telling you about relaitve value of an Iraqi and American life?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Look -- according to many sources, even in the initial stage of the invasion, thousands of civilans were killed. Collateral damage. What is it telling you about relaitve value of an Iraqi and American life?

You are right, I though about that one and you know what we all place value when it comes to human lives.

As humans first and as nations second.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear
Unless I fully misunderstand your comment...andy 18 month year old would not be firing 'rockets'....yes?

mg

No, an 18 month old would not be firing rockets, that's the point. It seems to me the father was making a sardonic comment.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Prime Minister is saying that innocent civilians on our side are more valuable than innocent civilians on your side.

Well DUH!

Holy Cow, is he the prime minister of Palestine or the Prime Minister of Israel? Who the heck do you think is more important to him? Yeesh.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
We'd like moderaters who are not that pro israel here, thank you.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
And what, pray tell, have I done here that was poor moderating?

Mods are here to prevent cursing, prevent threads from going off topic, and see to it that the TOS is followed.

So, again, who is the Prime Minister of Israel supposed to value more, Israelis, or non-Israelis?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
All life is special and important. Life is sacred. But if an american feels that americans soldiers lives are more important there is no difference when an Iraqi says Iraqi lives are more important.
The title tricked me into this thread. More inflammatory remarks. Nothing else. No solid credible evidence to back up an absurd claim.
Shame on you for doing this thread. It's disgusting to make a statement like that.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
All life is special and important. Life is sacred. But if an american feels that americans soldiers lives are more important there is no difference when an Iraqi says Iraqi lives are more important.
The title tricked me into this thread. More inflammatory remarks. Nothing else. No solid credible evidence to back up an absurd claim.
Shame on you for doing this thread. It's disgusting to make a statement like that.

No solid credible evidence? Did you actually come in here thinking that there'd be a signed affidavit by Olmert confirming the going market price for a Palestinian? Your naivety was confirmed by the inittial "all life is special and important" remark.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Nope - never expected someone to actually have evidence to back up an absurd claim. But if you think I am naive or some such thing - you are wrong there.
Although you may not think so (that's your opinion). But to me all life is special and it is sacred. My point was purely that there is no difference in who makes the statement of the importance of life. Is my life more important to me than your is to you? No we both feel the same about it, at least I do. That was my point pure and simple. Do not assume that just because I did not fit your mold of what you wanted to hear that I am naive. I think that his allegation is absurd and it is degrading to ALL human life. That's all for now. If that does not meet your approval -tough!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I think that what lilwolf is bemoaning is that we have yet another example of sensationalism, and emotive propaganda, where what we want is news.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Exactly my point. Said more clearly than I could have put it.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I say every single human is priceless.

What do you think?

OK. So a gang of armed thieves are pillaging your neighborhood; going house to house and terrorizing families to give up their valuables. Since every human is priceless, I guess you would grab your gun and go out to help defend your neighbors; leaving your family defenseless; RIGHT? BTW: It's in the Palestinian (Hamas) charter to destroy the state of Israel.

In my view, Prime Minister Olmert doesn't need to apologize for his comments because from his perspective of public administration, the people he represents (Israelis) ARE more important than the Palestinians.

[edit on 24-6-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join