It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Has Access To Financial Data Of Anyone On The Globe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This wouldnt suprise me at all.
i have done research and posted about this sort of thing before.
The US government is linked with microsoft and not only that they are linked with departments in the UK as well, i have read about this PROMIS and it is intrigiung.

Omega

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
once they come for you, no-one will speak up, it may be wrong, morally and i fully admit it but someone needs to proove our allegations by walking through the grinder, better the die-hard regime fanatics than anyone else.

did it ever occur to you that since the installation of these systems, drug production in Afghanistan has skyrocketed and that coke trade isn't impaired either? these systems are NOT designed to fight terror or crime or anything they tell you, so what are they for ?? hint: there are few options that would justify such a large scale operation...

you've got to be very proud of yourselves trying to take everyone down with you

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have made a Wiki article on this type of software,
This stuff goes back a long way .
Go to tinwiki and look up NSA they have been massivly involved with these projects
and have even had bussiness with microsoft containing specific data collection systems from the public.
What are they for?
To keep an eye on you and make sure that there secrets are safe i believe.
They are watching everything even our money>?!!
If anyone wants to look at money then they should look at there own bank accounts!
the bush administration is the richest one to date and u cant tell me that the public are the only ones guilty of being corrupt and doing crime.
Just my opinions.

Omega

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Fourth, so many of you in here cannot think clearly in regards to the current administration. You hat it so much that you, like the New York times, will do ANYTHING to hurt it or bring it down.

Bingo. Its always easy to pick out mistakes or actual crimes of certain politians, and then point and say "ah there you see? the gov. is corrupt". I also think to many people give Bush more power than he really has, though on the outside it may appear its all his doing. Our government makes mistakes, and has done maybe even criminal things. But that doesn't make it all bad.

And if the government is truly using all this monitoring of banks and phone lines against "we the people" perhaps it would be best not to plot their downfall so vehemently on boards such as this. Might make YOU worth looking at.

And, as I said in an earlier post here, anyone has access to this info. I would be more worried about big business snooping in my records than the government. They have shadier motives.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
The New York Times has again revealed a widespread surveillance system of the United States government. This time the surveillance is of global financial data via the international banking co-operative called SWIFT. The US government has been able to search through the vast repository of stored financial data between most of the World's banks. The US Treasury Secretary John Snow defended the program stating that only those suspected of terrorist activity had their records searched.

here we go again another case of the american govermnent stalking its own people and others. first the phone tapping and now this. one burning question id like somene to answer is...

how the hell do they KNOW its a terrorist WITHOUT tapping every single phone call or every persons financial information first???? they have to know something about the person before they can call them a terrorist.

the way i see it the only way to find out if it even is a terrorist is to listen to the phone call or read the financial information before telling them hey we think your a terrorist your coming with us. this country is going to the pits i tell ya.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
here we go again another case of the american govermnent stalking its own people and others. first the phone tapping and now this. one burning question id like somene to answer is...

Yeah fantastic logic, how about we incarcerate everybody, that way no one can commit terrorism. Yeah woohoo freedom yay go team!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Yeah fantastic logic, how about we incarcerate everybody, that way no one can commit terrorism. Yeah woohoo freedom yay go team!

so you enjoy being spyied on subz? you like having the goverment know your visa number and your pin number???? you like them listening to you calling your families overseas??? good for you because for one im not gonna be funding someone to spy on me.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

so you enjoy being spyied on subz? you like having the goverment know your visa number and your pin number???? you like them listening to you calling your families overseas??? good for you because for one im not gonna be funding someone to spy on me.

Just a thought, but I think subz might have been being sarcastic. I am in complete agreement with being against this. This is showing exactly how fear is being used to manipulate people into thinking this spying is necessary. This is exactly why I don't keep a bank account, I am against having every move I make looked at. The thought makes me sick. I do everything I am legally supposed to do in this country, but I refuse to leave myself vulnerable to these groups "out to protect us" by keeping us under their radar at any possible point. They want me to work my life around their "protection" so that we can "fight the war on terror."

This is no longer Republican, Democrat, Independent, or any other such party group. This is the government as a whole putting every tab they can, and monitoring us. I for one refuse. They can check what I type online all they want, and they will see what I think of them. They can listen to a phone call, and realize that I don't truly care if they're on the phone listening in, I'm going to say what I feel. These are things that I rely on to be in communication with the rest of the world.

But I will not dare give them any extra information than what they already get. They will have to find some other poor person for that, who is willing to put any privacy right up on an altar to be burned for these intruders that feel they have the right to do so.

It disheartens me to see that some people will sacrifice anything to keep supporting this group. That people will accuse me of blind hate towards an administration, which doesn't allow me to see some "big picture." This goes much farther back that one administration, there are just some more open points showing in this one, but it is really nothing new. I read some postings with disdain when I see the typical "if you don't like it, leave the country." Yet another black and white reasoning that you're "either with us, or against us." Parts of my family have been here before this land was even owned by the United States, and my family was here from the beginning of Louisiana coming into the Statehood. I will not be told to leave because a group of newcomers have decided that they will rape every virtual loophole in our beloved Constitution to fit their own sick and perverted needs.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

the way i see it the only way to find out if it even is a terrorist is to listen to the phone call or read the financial information before telling them hey we think your a terrorist your coming with us. this country is going to the pits i tell ya.

I am going to assume that you have no experience with law enforcement, security, or have never seen a police drama movie or television show or read a police procedural novel on television and aren't just stupid.

It's called "known associates." You get a known terrorist. Someone who commits a terrorist act, and claims credit for it, or gets caught doing it. A known terrorist. Then you back track through their records, and see who calls them a lot, who sends them money, who they have been seen with. "Known associates." Then you surveil these "known associates." A known associate of a known terrorist probably is one themselves, or they support the activities. Or, when a known terrorist (such as Zarqawi) is taken down, he has records of whom he commands, where they are, often what they've done and how they can be reached. Some are picked up, some are then surveiled to see who THEY know. Known associates. They are then scrutinized, to see if THEY have been associating with gun dealers, if they had disappeared for a time during a terrorist incident, and if they suddenly popped up again with a strange, unexplained wound on their leg.

It's called police work, pure and simple. And what the New York Times is all upset about is done every day in this country by dozens of D.A's all over the nation. But since it's not president Bush doing it, no one cares. It's the good guys doing it, so it's fine. But let anything Federal do it, and Bush is using the constitution for toilet paper. Grow up.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Observer

I am going to assume that you have no experience with law enforcement, security, or have never seen a police drama movie or television show or read a police procedural novel on television and aren't just stupid.

It's called "known associates." You get a known terrorist. Someone who commits a terrorist act, and claims credit for it, or gets caught doing it. A known terrorist. Then you back track through their records, and see who calls them a lot, who sends them money, who they have been seen with. "Known associates." Then you surveil these "known associates." A known associate of a known terrorist probably is one themselves, or they support the activities. Or, when a known terrorist (such as Zarqawi) is taken down, he has records of whom he commands, where they are, often what they've done and how they can be reached. Some are picked up, some are then surveiled to see who THEY know. Known associates. They are then scrutinized, to see if THEY have been associating with gun dealers, if they had disappeared for a time during a terrorist incident, and if they suddenly popped up again with a strange, unexplained wound on their leg.

It's called police work, pure and simple. And what the New York Times is all upset about is done every day in this country by dozens of D.A's all over the nation. But since it's not president Bush doing it, no one cares. It's the good guys doing it, so it's fine. But let anything Federal do it, and Bush is using the constitution for toilet paper. Grow up.

oh well sorry for being supportive on goverment spying. i had no idea so many branwashed people support it.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
what i meant to say was sorry for NOT being supportive you get the picture.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

how the hell do they KNOW its a terrorist WITHOUT tapping every single phone call or every persons financial information first???? they have to know something about the person before they can call them a terrorist.

REPLY: As posted earlier, the majority of the numbers have been obtained from the enemy, from their laptops, hards drives, etc. The program was an algorythm tracing "to where" and "from where". Depending on the flagged numbers, certain connections would cause someone to "Hmmmmm" who called this number?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join