It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Arts guys ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i take karate, started about 4 years ago

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I practiced the Shorin Ryu style for almost 3 years but had to drop the training due to work schedule. I still remember most of my katas.

www.kenshin-kan.com...

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Just to get it off my chest, and among other people that may also practice fighting time to time. Does it bother anyone else when people think that just because they know some japanese, like Jackie Chan, and watch anime they think they know martial arts!! It's seriously annoying. In my old Japanese class, there were always anime nerds (And I can say this stuff cause I too have nerdy tendencies) that'd like..try to do little kicks and stuff. Laughing, but you know they think they can do martial arts. Like I sit next to them trying to do work and they half jokingly go "Hyaaa" and like..grab my wrist or something. One of them'd always say stupid things..."ninja this" or "ninja that" in this annoying whispery fast way of speaking.. He tryed to do some stupid choke thing...I just hit him in the head. One kid bit me. I never want to fight in school cause it's stupid to stand up and get all intense. Anyway, I was sitting next to him on the computer innocently trying to do my report (only a few days ago) and he starts doing stupid stuff. He reached for me so I grabbed his wrist. He tries to like spin and get out of it or something but could'nt. So he f@$ bit me!! Left teeth marks too the bastard. Anyway, I guess it's true that the people that know the least of a subject will try to tell you the most about it.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
TaeKwonDo- AiKiDo- Kenjutsu. Kinda left the first 2 behind to concentrate on Kenjutsu

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Shotokan and greco-roman wrestling as a teen. Boxing later. Trust me, the first 2 are a drawback with the third. Takes awhile not to kick or throw someone.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I practice capoeira. It's a martial art, but not exclusively used for fighting. I like to consider it more of just an "art form", because it includes dancing, gymnastics, music, and fighting. It's the best athletic thing I've ever done, I love it. It's a huge part of my life. I doubt theres any other capoeira practitioners on ATS, are there?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
check this site out martial arts
not just martial arts but animal fighting techniques as well!
what styles does every 1 have?

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Nans, I took Krav Maga a couple years ago in Northern California and I loved it. Down and dirty no forms, hit em till you puke kinda stuff. Awsome. Sadly I moved and have not taken it back up. I found an instructor close to home so hopefully I can get back into it.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Myself....Aikido and Iajitsu.

Prior to those was Karate for many years.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I do a martial art of my own making.

I call it "Kick-in-the-balls-and-run".

Pretty cool.

Only works against about half the population though, the other half gets "Punch-in-booby-and-flee".

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Karate, Tkd, some Wing-chun, Kempo, some Ju-jistu, Studied JKD a bit on my own, love to wail on the bag Thai stlye... great cardio workout. Like the acrobatics of Capoeira and wushu, wish I had more of the around here!

[Edited on 5/21/2004 by DiabolusFireDragon]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
i do krav maga and thai boxing.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
www.kravmagaespana.com...
hope this helps!
i was a brazilian jujitsu fanatic!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shidge.
I do a martial art of my own making.
I call it "Kick-in-the-balls-and-run".
Pretty cool.
Only works against about half the population though, the other half gets "Punch-in-booby-and-flee".

shidge are you male or female...

The only martial arts that I'm devoted to is kick-boxing.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I have been taking Tae Kwon Do since I was 4, and i am thirteen now. Just got my Black Belt a year ago, no one messes with me at school except for the stupid kids and i just leave thos f---- tards alone before we have to fight and then I loose all of that academic stuff I have worked for. lol

[Edited on 12-7-2004 by A Lone Spartan]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Muay Thai here(Thai boxing)

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Lone Spartan
I have been taking Tae Kwon Do since I was 4, and i am thirteen now. Just got my Black Belt a year ago, no one messes with me at school except for the stupid kids and i just leave thos f---- tards alone before we have to fight and then I loose all of that academic stuff I have worked for. lol

[Edited on 12-7-2004 by A Lone Spartan]

TKD here too. Gonna get black belt after 2 years, hehe.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I sort of, for a while did my own free-style thing made of things that I learned from other people who knew martial arts pretty well. I guess I just slowly evolved to a sort of kick boxing type of method which is where I'm at right now. I know a couple of basic Judu, and aikido throws and all the basic kicks. I still practice hand combo's, fight with my friends whenever we get the chance. I just have the helmets and gloves.. It's pretty effective actually. I also work out alot which helps alot.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
A Lone Spartan - Good job. A Warrior of All things is much respected. People might not say much, but you'll notice no one can touch them.

I did Capoeira for several months. It was fun but I didn't really have my art into it. I took one Akido class and found it interesting. One complaint I have about martial art classes is that there's not much real sparring going. You have to really look for a class that lets you put the pads on and go at it. IMHO martial arts is about ending the fight as quickly as possible. So you should practice (safely) doing that.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Gohn Dagow Kung-Fu for 12 years, some Shotokan Karate, Wudang Taijiquan, and I am a green-belt instructor for MCMAP.

for those of you wondering, MCMAP=(Marine Corps Martial Arts Program. Belt ranking goes tan, grey, green, brown, black.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join