It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do those "Gut Feelings" come from?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Every time I been in an accident I had a strong gut feeling. Where do you think this comes from?

now my philo question can your dog show love if you never showed it love or its mother? Where did this love or happiness stem from? It sure didn't evolve from Darwin's arse, did it?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
probably something primal, back when man was wild, and lived in fer most of the time, aware that he could be attacked at any time and maybe eaten by animals.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Gut feelings quite often come from the gut region.

I remember when I was about seven years old, two large alsation dogs charged at me and the alarm I felt came from the region above my waist but below my heart. Then I suddenly felt myself rising up from that same area and out through the top of my head. I was mostly above my head when my father suddenly appeared and cowed the dogs.

You might notice that quite a lot of people -- when they are very alarmed, frightened, shocked -- will put a hand automatically on their mid-section, and often they'll take in and hold their breath at the same time, while their eyes and senses struggle to deal with the emergency or shock.

I suspect you're actually referring though to the usual use of the term 'gut feeling' as in intuition; sixth sense, etc. Which is what it is. And for those who're particularly sensitive to the voice of their intuition, it can and has saved lives.

Re: dogs (and most animals, come to that): it's clear they're divinely inspired. Most people are averse to the concept of transmigration of souls. They feel it's an insult to suggest they may have existed in animal form before becoming human.

I think the insult is to the animals, who are clearly superior to humans. If there is transmigration of souls, then surely only the most evolved humans would be allowed to return as a dog? Those judged unfit are obviously being sent back as humans, over and over again.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Take a new-born baby and drop it into a pool of water....Right before it hits the water, it will take a deep breath and hold it.

I call that instinct.

When we grow and learn more, our brain learns to 'anticipate' things.

When something serious is about to happen, that is when the 'subconcious' part of our mind kicks in and, 'it' provides the consciousness with a gut feeling. Our brain has already made the necessary calculations based on past results.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Best of luck to you in finding your 'answers'

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join