It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange dream or more?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum.. But anywho, I would not consider myself a Christian or a Catholic, I was raised Catholic although i never followed the catholic religion too closely. As of now i find myself torn when i try to figure out how life started, there is evidence that we all evolved, there is evidence that we were 'created' from god and other things. But i had this experience the other night and I'm curious on other peoples take on what happened.

I was sleeping, i fell asleep around maybe 1am and woke up around 3:45am, however the dream i had while i was sleeping during that time was disturbing. The nightmare i had was not odd, just how it made me feel afterwards was. In the dream there was some apparent ghost that was bothering a member of my family, nothing demonic or evil about it, just a ghost. However i got a feeling of evilness. After i had awoken, i found myself saying that Hail Mary prayer in my head. This was strange for me since i haven't said that prayer since i was a little kid. What caused me to say that? Maybe it was just a weird dream, but why the 'Hail Mary' prayer? why not 'our father' or some other prayer? Also, after i woke up i had this very disturbing feeling of sadness and despair. This feeling scared me a lot. After about an hour or so, i went back to normal but I'm still curious as to if this was just a weird dream or if this was something not of this world trying to manipulate my in my dream state? Anyone ever had any similar stories?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'd have to say just a strange dream...

You should read mine on Below Top Secret where a giant hand comes down from the sky with a huge eye in it where if you look into the eye you die, and a giant finger comes down from the clouds like the finger of god and starts ripping apart the landscape with fire that flames out from his fingertips, and then the two start fighting each other, finger of god wins, and the hand plungs into a massive volcano that suddenly pops out of nowhere.

Dreams are wierd. Or very normal. I've had a dream about doing laundry. Strange, eh?

As for why the Hail Mary? I think something about the Hail Mary is easy to remember, since it reminds us of our mothers and their warmth as they held us as a child. I know I' much prefer to say the Hail Mary over the Our Father anyday.

join