It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AK-100 series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
So, is the AK-101 still gonna replace the AKS-74M? Do any AK-101s have the folding stocks? How much better are AK-101s then AKs-74ms? Which one was made first-the AK-101 or the AN-94? Will production of AK-101 cease because of limited production of the AN-94? Will the AK-105 replace the AKSU-74? I think the An-94 is a grand rifle that should be the main assault rifle produced in Russia. Maybe Russia will produce an even better rifle?
to Russia.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yes, they have folding stocks. The AK-100 folding stock is designed from the solid stock rather than a skeleton stock, but folds to the left. Also, read up on them in the link below.

AK-100 Series in detail.

You can see the folding stock in below pic.

They also have 60rnd. quad stack mags for these.

Also, check this out.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by Nicotine1982]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The AK-100 series was developed as a replacement for he "Krink" AK SMG. The 100 series has been in use by Spetznas forces for a while, so I would say it came before the An-94. As far as I know, the An-94 has not seen any widespread use yet. The AK-74 has had problems with lethality, much like the 55.6 used in the M16s. Russia started to reimplement the 7.62x39 round over the 5.45x39 round used in the AK-74. I would not expect to see the AK-74 last much longer as a issued service rifle.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There are lots of different guns in the ak-100 series of guns i think they range upto ak-108 or something similar.

The main differences are from what i understand that some models in the 100 series have recoil compensators which reduce the recoil of the guns and make them more controlable.

There are also other difference vs the ak-74m such as the guns are made to a higher standard using the latest and advanced gun manufacturing techniques similar to those used by H&K and FN in western europe making the gun more higher quality.

Also becuase its built to higher standards then the 74m they also inturn have better accuracy then the ak-74m.

Those are basically the difference.

It's a very decent gun even venuzuala has purchased something like 100,000 ak-103 assault rifles for it's armed forces.

Here's a picture of Hugo Chavaz with his brand new Russian made AK-103:

Picture Link

Another picture

www.sharewatch.com...

so basically to sum up what i said above.

- They are built using the latest manufacturing process similar to machines used to make h&k G36, M16, FN P90, MP5 etc....

- Some models have recoil compensators to reduce recoild and increase accuracy. The recoil compensator is internal to the gun i think its a type of weight that moves in the opposite direction to the recoild which neutralizes the majority of recoil using gases from the ammunition.

- built using latest materials like polymers and plastics.

- Higher quality barrells comparable to western assult rifles like m16, G36 etc...

I think that basically sums these guns up. thumbs up from me for the ak-100's

[edit on 23-6-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
There are also other difference vs the ak-74m such as the guns are made to a higher standard using the latest and advanced gun manufacturing techniques similar to those used by H&K and FN in western europe making the gun more higher quality.

- They are built using the latest manufacturing process similar to machines used to make h&k G36, M16, FN P90, MP5 etc....

Sorry, but thats not entirely correct. I cannot say whether the Russians would be capable or not of manufacturing with comparably advanced processes (while retaining a competitive price); the AK-100 series however isnt. It has quite a rough finish and still retains many of the undesirable ergonomic shortcomings (sharp edges, many bumps and the like). Also, it would be kinda contrary to the whole design philosophy behind the AKs to built them to highest standards.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I was talking about the AKS folding skeleton stock.

new topics

top topics

join