It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

metal storm?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by paranoidandroid

we canharden anything against EMPs thanks to the cold war and the threat of EMPs also check this out meatal storm mortar system

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Metalstorm was/is a hoax and if we aren't currently doing so we should start tracking down the fraudsters.

Look into the “revolving doors of Pentagon.” Unfortunately, if we start going after the fraudsters, will have to fire just about everybody from Pentagon.

But in regards to the recoil from one of the advantages of the metalstorm "system" was to be reduced or eliminated recoil.

Their idea of “recoil management” was a HUGE box with a bunch of 9mm barrels, thus the sheer weight of the whole thing created the illusion of a rock solid platform.

When this atrocity was advertised as the weapon system for the new millennium, they actually staged a fire test in which the 9mm version fired into a row of wooden doors, and blasted right through them.

The problem was that the doors were HOLLOW, light INTERIOR frame covered by cosmetic plywood.

I bet the video is still on their site, take a look for your self.

Take care.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
As far reading through here, I see there is quiet a few sad, swollen and JEALOUS persons here, dismissing The MetalStorm without even researching.
The MetalStorm systems are well able to fire at one million rounds, but did you happen to watch and read that the rate of fire can be CHANGED to suit the situation?
And the reloading process?
Is ame as a magazine, you SWAP it. Doesn't sound all that hard does it now?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Fantastic weapon system.
I have been watching it for years now.
I would hate to be on the other end of it

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

As far reading through here, I see there is quiet a few sad, swollen and JEALOUS persons here, dismissing The MetalStorm without even researching.

Fantastic weapon system.
I have been watching it for years now.
I would hate to be on the other end of it

I have the same reply to both such misguided statements.

In the environment of military spending on “War on terrorism”, paper plates made more money then “Metal Storm”.

It’s practically impossible NOT to get a military contract under Bushes Military Industrial Complex lobby, and Metal Storm is so RIDICULOUSLY and obviously FAKE, that even CONSUMER market dropped it like a rock.

Point in case, again, for the tenth time, Metal Storm trades under MTSX index, and here’s their picture;

stocks.us.reuters.com...

tools.morningstar.com...

From $21.40 at its peak in Dec 2006 when they boasted about government contracts for the “War on Terror”, they could not provide a single system that did ANYTHING, and food catering subcontracting companies proved more essential to the war effort then “Metal Storm”.

At the moment their stock is at mere buck sixty- $1.60, which means a TOTAL meltdown, collapse, finito, nothing there.

Investors, they being the ones risking their money on funding the Metal Storm “concept” have simply walked away from it, because there is nothing there worth while.

Once again, end of story, or feel free to buy your own Metal Storm stock and use it as wall paper if you still buy into the “hopeless tube” hype.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander

Sounds like your misguided, did you buy stocks and lost your
money.

The concept and design is fascinating and i hope it goes to
production status.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Sounds like your misguided, did you buy stocks and lost your
money.

I never invested into PRD ventures and never well. All of them are scams and pyramids.

Metal Storm has to be the ultimate zombie ATS thread, and it simply won’t die even after it has been debunked time and time again.

All one has to do is run a “Metal Storm” ATS search.

Multiple threads will clearly show how fake the official “Metal Storm” videos are, showing loops and test firings at hollow prop doors.

Only impressionable teens find this “million rounds per minute” utter hype fascinating, and do so simply because they don’t understand the concept of “Pentagon to private” sector “revolving door” problem, and that Metal Storm is a poster child for it.

The concept and design is fascinating and i hope it goes to
production status.

The concept of muzzle loading pressure vessel is indeed fascinating, and has been since the Chinese invented gun powder, but we live in the 21st century now, and other then automatic mortars, MUZZLE loading weapons are done with.

If anybody cares to disagree and attempt to continue this charade, look up Metal Storm origins, their board of directors, post them here, and then will go back to square one.

Did I mention that even after 8 years of actual WAR Metal Storm is only loosing money instead of getting contracts?

To this day they do not have a single contract with ANYBODY, and that’s simply because nobody is stupid enough to waste money on such obviously utter nonsense like Metal Storm, and that includes even their the non-lethal division, all while Backwater shipping handlers kicked around bricks of hundred dollar bills.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iskander

Is the system in its current incarnation a waste of time? Yes I agree it is.
I am an aussie and followed this technology from the beginning.

The technology isnt a pyramid scheme, its absolutely groundbreaking.
The current development of this technology is a pyramid scheme as such,
although I wouldnt call it this I would refer to it more along the lines of braindead.

To take the first ever electronically controlled caseless ammunition and use it in a muzzle loader?? Words fail to describe the stupidity of that.

The technology is as I said groundbreaking, its the platform there trying to use that technology in thats flawed.

I read an interview with Mike Dwyer the developer back in the early nineties, when he first developed the idea of caseless,electronically fired rounds he was actually trying to come up with safety systems for firearms that would prevent anyone but the owner from being able to fire the weapon. The basic idea was a fingerprint/palmprint scanner on the grip recognising the user and allowing the weapon to fire. From this it seems to have wandered off down the garden path.(especially when you yanks started showing interest)

The two very large drawbacks to utilizing this technology to increase the rate of fire far beyond the rate of current firearms, I list below.

1. Complete lack of a loading mechanism that can keep up with the system.
(the people that are developing the current stacked/muzzle loader arrangement should be slapped with a giant tuna then shot)

2.Heat.

Both looming obstacles but by no means impossible barriers, in time these issues will be adequately resolved and the finished product will be devastating.

My whole point here I spose is dont hate the technology, hate the current platform and the so called proffesionals developing it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tonka

The technology isnt a pyramid scheme, its absolutely groundbreaking.
The current development of this technology is a pyramid scheme as such,
although I wouldnt call it this I would refer to it more along the lines of braindead.

To take the first ever electronically controlled caseless ammunition and use it in a muzzle loader?? Words fail to describe the stupidity of that.

The technology is as I said groundbreaking, its the platform there trying to use that technology in thats flawed.

Thank you! I agree with you ABSOLUTELY, and only hope that ATS members will finally come to grips with this Metal Storm reality, and stop resurrecting this hype and concentrate on why Metal Storm failed.

I read an interview with Mike Dwyer the developer back in the early nineties, when he first developed the idea of caseless,electronically fired rounds he was actually trying to come up with safety systems for firearms that would prevent anyone but the owner from being able to fire the weapon. The basic idea was a fingerprint/palmprint scanner on the grip recognising the user and allowing the weapon to fire. From this it seems to have wandered off down the garden path.(especially when you yanks started showing interest)

The two very large drawbacks to utilizing this technology to increase the rate of fire far beyond the rate of current firearms, I list below.

1. Complete lack of a loading mechanism that can keep up with the system.
(the people that are developing the current stacked/muzzle loader arrangement should be slapped with a giant tuna then shot)

2.Heat.

What can I say, you’re dean on, thanks again.

Both looming obstacles but by no means impossible barriers, in time these issues will be adequately resolved and the finished product will be devastating.

My whole point here I spose is dont hate the technology, hate the current platform and the so called proffesionals developing it.

Hype and spin won’t sell an underdeveloped concept. I do agree that electronically fired munitions are the future, and that’s exactly what Metal Storm should have been concentrating on instead of hyping utterly unrealistic concepts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join