It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I walked into a glass door-AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Damn!!! I walked into a glass door again! This is my second time in 6 months!!!:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd: Today I was at construction work again and I walked towards the glass sliding door to put the tools in the garage. I thought it was open cuz it was supposed to be open and I already had went through it many times today. I walk and walk then BANG!!!!!!! I think wtf? I realize the glass sliding door was closed, and that I had walked into it! By the way, the first time was 6 months ago when we were renting a new aparment and I thought the glass balcony door was open and walked right into it!!! What the hell? Is this the side effects of quiting drinking almost 2 years ago?
And the whole workday went bad. After the glass door, I dropped a wooden frame that weighed more then 5lbs (I am not an expert in the weight of wooden frames) on my foot. It hurt BAD!!!! Then the worst part. Halfway through the 12 hour work day, my stomache started hurting sooooooooooooooooooo bad!!!! It hurt for hours! Oh the Agony! Plust not to mention extreme heat all day (like 100 degrees F!) and my father smoking near me all day (damn I hate the smell of cigarettes!) And to end an already bad workday, at night, very very tired, me and my father ourselves had to lug a giant refrigeror from a house, into the pickup truck, drive for an hour, then unload it into our garage!!!!!!!!!! Now if you want to know how that felt, try working hard construction (we do marble and granite kitchen sinks and counter tops) with a bunch of accidents, a bunch of cigarrette smoke to hurt your lungs and throat, and scorching heat. Then as you read this post, go up to your refrigirator and try to pick it up. Heavy eh? Its not the weight that was a problem. It was SOOOOOOOO damn big!!! If it was some barbells or dumbells, I'd lift and move it no problem
but being a huge fridge, with nowhere to grab:bnghd: and a not very light weight, it was quit bad. Plus we were already tired. The hardest part was picking it up over our shoulders to get it in the truck. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! What a day! At least I earned $100. Gonna go buy a 100 or heavier punching bag sometime this week. I don't like the job, but at least I get money, and I need money.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Wow.

That is one sucky day. o-o; And here I feel all pathetic, all I do is sit around all day... =( I need to get out more.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Oh yeah, as if the fridge wasn't enough, don't forget that it is our job to lug around marble countertops and backsplashes and sinks from place to place. Those things weigh from 50-500lb! Yes, some weigh even more! We don't actually install 500lb pieces. We cut them in the workshop. Then we bring them to people's homes. We take measurements before we cut the marble first, of course! Everything has to be perfect and you have to be really careful. The marble (especially the ones with a net) are quit fragile, but are worth more then a thousand dollars! So if you break it, oh oh!
. I don't like this job much, but when my help is needed, I come. The pay ain't too bad. Can't wait till the 10 months are over and I go to Russian army!

join