It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little People Of Nebrasksa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Once again my dad the pervayer of crypto-knowledge told me(I have heard it from other members of my family) that one of his native american patints told him
about a legend of small people in a certian wooded part of a reservation(Macy I think)who lived in tree hallows and burrows and such. My family up until my father lived on a native amerian reservation and were thus acustom with much of the native lore and legends and this is one that both my deceased great-grandfather,grandfather my dad and many othermebers of my family swear by it.
I was just wondering if anybody else had any more information as i have but on story that maybe fiction which i will now tell. Well aprently after talking to my dad again about this the patient told him that she new a girls would had been beaten and shot by her boyfriend and left in what the natives call it "Big Bear Hollow" for dead. The little people then go on to help her by feeding her berries and water. It may be just a story but I would like some more information/links if anyone has an. I would ask my family who lives on the reservation but many are dead/have moved. (P.S-this is going to sound corny but things like this jsut show what one can learn from living with another culture.) please Respnd

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I live not to far from Macy, I've driven past it many times. I've never heard of these Little People though.

Do you know approximately when this "Big Bear Hollow" incident occured? I could ask around, but it would be helpful to know a time frame.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
srry i dont within the last 20 yrs but thats a guess.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
My great grandfather who lived there his name was charlie Bowman you might ask for that name. That or any Bowmans or Froids.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Was this the Omaha Reservation, or Winnabego? They are both close to Macy.

The name Bowman sounds familiar, but I've never heard of any Froids.

I'll ask around tomorrow, but for now I'll just have to stick to searching the internet.

Have you ever been to this area?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
yeah for family stuff. I dont know where umm other names i hear often are Wlt Hill,Lyons and Decatour. Im not for sure but my family says a lot about Winnebago so I would say that. But Ill Ask my family as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have never been to "Big Bear Hollow" but I have been to the afore mentioned places and my grandfather was from lyons and my grandmother from decatour and at one time macy. My grandmothers dad was the bowman until she ment the grandfather from lyons and thats how my dad got her then me. I hope that helps

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Think this might be what you're looking for...My cousins took the pic a few years ago.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I was thinking something more like this:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
lol thosw were funny pics

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Up here in Canada we have Little People also.

Little people are just minature Native Americans who live in the bush and spy on the human population, Little People love children and if they find out that the parents have mistreated the child they will whisk the child away and raise him until adulthood.

Little people are very mischeivious and enjoy playing practical jokes, like if your working outside they will steal your hammer and put it somewhere odd, or maybe steal a burger off you BBQ when your not looking etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I live in Canada and have never encountered such a thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Several Native American tribes have tales of little people... they're very much like what Miishgoos says. I've heard it mainly in terms of my own ancestors, the Cherokees and Blackfeet:
www.firstpeople.us...

Now...there's a lot of NON-Native American sites that repeat legends from the Native Americans and get it all wrong (or turn it into proof of aliens/reptiles/etc.)

This is an excellent review and summary on a trusted Native American source site:
www.ilhawaii.net...

[edit on 16-3-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
While reading this, I couldn't help but to be reminded of the story of Pedro, the Mountain Mummy.

www.geocities.com...

He was only 14 inches tall. However some skeptics say the mummy is of a child.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
At christmas since the snow came late this year after New years.We decided to go for a walk to check out a creepy abandoned log house in the middle of a forest in Northern Ontario that was said to have native Indian population in early times.On the way there,I took a quick picture of the path way and the next day I noticed two little people sitting on a fallen tree.I see them clearly but others here at ATS say it is just my imagination ,you can see the video I made zooming in here...
s32.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
can't see anything but the branches. and zooming really didn't help.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ya it could be just my imagination but I highlighted the area wher I see the two little guys sitting there.

i32.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i see now. but i think its just nature playing tricks.
i'll show you one. you have google earth?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ya sure I use Google search all the time.is that what you mean or is Google Earth something else?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
one of natures tricks i wanted to show you;

go to these coordinates;

Lat. 42°37'3.13"N
Long. 18°14'12.24"E

new topics

<<   2 >>

join