It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IT being remade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
www.horrorchannel.com...

Ok, so according to that, the movie is being remade. I don't know why people like to diss the old IT, I thought it was a great flick. But anyway, this should be a treat for all fans of the Book and other movie alike. What does everyone think about this?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well I guess the guy who wrote the article wasn't a fan of the original but I liked it. Nothing ever compares to the book but there are certainly worse adaptations to remake.

I thought Tim Curry was great as the clown and is going to be very hard to top.

I'd like to see a remake of tommy knocker which was an excellent creepy read and I thought while the actors in the mini were good the adaptation itself was not.

I certainly didn't like the remake of the shining. Why in gods name would you remake the shining.

But hey, it happens all the time so instead you can do what I do which is just rent the original or read the book and just assume that most people in the entertainment industry have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I thought the original was good, too. If there's a faint prayer for doing the book any justice, they'll need to make it a mini series. 2 hrs ain't gonna do it.

Much like The Stand, which was a pretty good mini series, but still paled in comparison to the book. King's an excellent storyteller. IMO, the best movie adaptations of his work have been The Green Mile, Stand By Me, and Shawshank Redemption. The last two were shorter written works.

join