It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Agents Arrest At Least 5 Suspected Terrorists in Miami

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here is a link to a picture, with the name of one of the people who were arrested and some information excerpted from that link.

U.S. Department of Justice photo shows Naudimar Herrera, one of seven people arrested in Miami Thursday, who, U.S. officials said on June 23, 2006, had discussed attacks on the landmark Sears Tower in Chicago, the FBI building in Miami and other government buildings.

news.yahoo.com...:/060623/ids_photos_ts/r2507123635.jpg;_ylt=ArOrnSov5fNAuizdGtcQKY1saMYA;_ylu=X3o'___ 'A5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

Updating with more photos, excerpts and links with the photos of those arrested.

This undated photo provided by the U.S. Attorney's Office on Friday June 23, 2006 shows Lyglenson Lemorin. Lemorin, who was arrested in Atlanta, is one of the seven young men arrested Thursday in an alleged plot against Chicago's Sears Tower. (AP Photo/U.S. Attorney's Office)

news.yahoo.com...:/060623/480/e76e269d33a84cc29aa4e990f7708d4c;_ylt=Aoxyzl4bxfc79VgdXVTH_vhsaMYA;_ylu= X3o'___'A5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

This undated photo provided by the U.S. Attorney's Office on Friday June 23, 2006, shows Narseal Batiste. Batiste was arrested Thursday, June 22, 2006, in an alleged plot against the Sears Tower in Chicago and a federal building in Miami.

news.yahoo.com...:/060623/480/8eb52dbdb1e44c7c8d683e5c0ca8fc63;_ylt=AqF7.VEcdlpciIJvcn4JfJFsaMYA;_ylu= X3o'___'A5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

This undated photo provided by the U.S. Attorney's Office on Friday June 23, 2006, shows Burson Augustin. Augustin was arrested Thursday, June 22, 2006, in an alleged plot against the Sears Tower in Chicago and a federal building in Miami.

news.yahoo.com...:/060623/480/789ca52e76884f1c82b5cf24d2927026;_ylt=ArpqR4YMTgdY7jJXYM.8.krmWMcF;_ylu= X3o'___'A5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

Anyways, the pictures of all those who were arrested appears to be among those pictures in the first link i gave.

heck, if i posted 4, i should post the rest too.

This undated photo provided by the U.S. Attorney's Office on Friday June 23, 2006 shows Rotschild Augustine. He was arrested in Miami on Thursday in an alleged plot against the Sears Tower in Chicago and a federal building in Miami.

news.yahoo.com...:/060623/480/d9cfa7f0bfdb429cbe49e37a027a9fcf;_ylt=AuTULh.kor6C2a0mRsfqabVsaMYA;_ylu= X3o'___'A5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

A U.S. Department of Justice handout photograph shows Stanley Grant Phanor, one of seven people arrested in Miami Thursday who U.S. officials said on June 23, 2006, had discussed attacks on the landmark Sears Tower in Chicago, the FBI building in Miami and other government buildings.

news.yahoo.com...:/060623/ids_photos_ts/r3990524607.jpg;_ylt=Ar5v3c9lf8z6FmS2IosRhF1saMYA;_ylu=X3o'___ 'A5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

This undated photo provided by the U.S. Attorney's Office on Friday June 23, 2006, shows Patrick Abraham. Abraham was arrested Thursday, June 22, 2006, in an alleged plot against the Sears Tower in Chicago and a federal building in Miami.

news.yahoo.com...:/060623/480/0c9560fa43b544f6bfabc73002da4afc;_ylt=As0qnWhe7DvJjI4Xy5GRaujmWMcF;_ylu= X3o'___'A5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Anyways, it is good that the plot was caught before those 7 people made the terrorist attacks.

It doesn't matter if they are American citizens or not, they were planning on comitting terrorist attacks, that makes them terrorists.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Muaddib I have faith that if they are terrorist the court systems will reveal that. Until then, the stamp of innocent is on their names. When the courts rule that they were in fact plotting to blow up the sears tower, terrorist bombers is the new stamp along with long long jail time.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Muaddib I have faith that if they are terrorist the court systems will reveal that. Until then, the stamp of innocent is on their names. When the courts rule that they were in fact plotting to blow up the sears tower, terrorist bombers is the new stamp along with long long jail time.

Oh yes, I forgot, now ACLU is going to come to the scene and try to save terrorists, i mean innocent citizens who were just trying to state their opinion through some innocent actions...

They were caught on camera making declarations on their intentions...

A handout photograph from the U.S. Department of Justice shows Patrick Abraham, one of seven people arrested in Miami Thursday, who, U.S. officials said on June 23, 2006, had discussed attacks on the landmark Sears Tower in Chicago, the FBI building in Miami and other government buildings. An indictment handed up against the men by a grand jury in south Florida said they pledged loyalty to Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda in order to ?wage war? against the U.S. government and build an Islamic army.

news.yahoo.com...:/060623/ids_photos_ts/r3459052073.jpg;_ylt=ApHJkVCrByulkag6loq5eFXmWMcF;_ylu=X3o'___ 'A5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
And that will all be brought to court and they will be tried for it. Stop acting like they arent going to court or they don't deserve a trial where they are innocent till proven guilty. If the FBI made an accussation you were a terrorist and said they have evidence, would you be happy to see your fellow american citizens saying your guilty before you even have a trial?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

And that will all be brought to court and they will be tried for it. Stop acting like they arent going to court or they don't deserve a trial where they are innocent till proven guilty. If the FBI made an accussation you were a terrorist and said they have evidence, would you be happy to see your fellow american citizens saying your guilty before you even have a trial?

first of all...there is no reason why the FBI would "accuse me of being a terrorist"....second, if their intentions were not caught on tape, I would agree with you. What remains is for a sentence to be given to these men for plotting terrorist attacks in U.S. soil.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Can you provide the tape that they did this? If you cant then how do you know it even exists? Have you seen the video with them talking about doing it? If not then I say wait till the trial proves they are guilty, until I see the evidence like the actual video, I am simply not going to say they are guilty.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Can you provide the tape that they did this? If you cant then how do you know it even exists? Have you seen the video with them talking about doing it?

Advisor posted a link to one of the videos on the last page. If you view it the video speaks for itself.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
That says nothing about the sears towers. Did you watch the same video I did. All I saw was a video of some stuff in the back of the truck that looks like weapons. So you may get them on weapons charges if thats whats in the back of the truck, but I want to see the sears tower tape.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
No doubt thy have not released that one yet. It is after all a key piece of evidence and not one that would be released prior to the trial for obvious reasons.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
There are some things that I see in this report that should be a concern to patriots who believe in our constitution.

Our Constitution guarantees us the right to form a militia and to bear arms. This means that any one of us has the right to create a neighborhood militia for the purpose of ensuring our neighborhood safety. Of course, this militia does not have the right to encroach on other citizen's constitutional rights.

If these people rented this warehouse and were carrying on militia training exercises, then they were fully within their constitutional rights up to that point.

In reading the reports of these arrests, I have not seen evidence to indicate a plot against the Sears Towers. The reports that I have heard to that effect seem to be hearsay.

The FBI sting consisted of an FBI agent posing as an Al Qaida operative. Personally, as a patriot of our country, I would find it to be my duty to meet with and infiltrate Al Qaida ranks if possible. I do not see it as a crime to meet with an Al Quaida operative. What would be a crime would be to plot with them to cause mayhem or destruction to U.S. citizens.

This whole thing seems to smell of election year scare tactics.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Anyways, it is good that the plot was caught before those 7 people made the terrorist attacks.

To be completly Honest, if I would not know Better, I would say you are a Goverment Agent, payed by CIA, NSA, FBI to pust this kind of pro-Bushy propaganda on websites such as this.

We all know for a FACT that several Intelligence agencies have their agents in newspapers to write pre-made PR news.

And you are in my Sights for ATS.

PEOPLE BE AWARE OF MUAD'DIB!

HE WORKS FOR US GOVERMENT!

He is not an adapted kangaroo mouse of Arrakis, a creature associated in the Fremen earth-spirit mythology with a design visible on the planet's second moon. This creature is admired by Fremen for its ability to survive in the open desert.

ANYWAY...

The plot to topple Chicago's Sears Tower was not all that it seemed

When the dust had settled barely 24 hours later, a rather more modest version of events had emerged. The seven young black men arrested at a warehouse in Miami and Atlanta had never been in touch with al-Qa'ida, and had no explosives. Their "plan" to destroy America's tallest building was little more than wishful thinking, expressed by one of them to an FBI informant purporting to be a member of Osama bin Laden's terrorist organisation.

Even the FBI admitted as much. John Pistole, the bureau's deputy director, described the plan on Friday as "aspirational rather than operational" and admitted that none of the seven (five US citizens and two Haitian immigrants) had ever featured on a terrorist watch list.

BoooOOooHooooooOO!

The Big Bad Terrorists Are Coming To Get Ya'll!

Be AFraid!

Be VERY AFraid!

Obey the Goverment!

Belive Muad'Dib!

Do NOT think with Your Own Brain!

Belive the Goverment!

Be AFraid!

Consume!

Sleep!

Work!

Eat!

O B E Y !

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Seems like everytime I turn on Dateline (or MSN Investigates) these days, they are reporting stories of pedophile stings. Have any of you got a chance to see one of these programs?

Dateline follows a group (can't recall the name) of internet 'watch-dogs'. These people use their own personal time to watch teen (and child) chat rooms, posing as teens, themselves. It's uncanny how quickly the predators seem to just 'pop-in' to these rooms and start dirty dialogue with under-aged children, almost immediately.

After the first special aired, Dateline worked with the local authorities and basically set up a sting operation. The predators would chat with a person they believed to be children. After horrific, incredibly graphic, dirty talk, the predator would accept an offer to come to the child's house for some 'play-time'. Once the predator arrived at the house, Dateline was waiting with cameras and all chat-room evidence printed. Police would be waiting outside to make arrests.

So, here's the 1 million dollar question:

Should these men be charged with a crime? After all, they never actually 'chatted' with a child. Their supposed meeting never happened. Heck, these men could have just been there to 'stop' a crime (yeah, that's it!).

Perhaps these guys should be given the benefit of doubt since they were 'stupid' enough to get caught. Besides, it was the under cover agent who said, "my parents aren't home, would you like to come over"

I'm a mother and I'm so extremely happy that our law doesn't work the way you suggest. I'd much rather reel these f*ckers in, than to wait for them to cast their line.

-Sour

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
How about monitoring these teen/chlid chats? Instead of luring predators with adults posing as teens. Reasults would be probably the same, but without the moral dilemmas.

exept the privacy of your children would be endangered (if that's a bad thing to a mother
)

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Monitor? Of course I'll be monitoring my child (once of age) while anywhere near a computer with internet access. However, I'd also be happy with fewer pedophiles around. So, however we've got to round 'em up, so be it!

I feel the same for people who are planning to commit acts of terrorism. They are murderers who just didn't get the chance to follow through.

Sting operations have been going on, here in the U.S., for as long as we've had security (police, FBI, et.). What makes this sting any different? Part of the sting anatomy is often made up of undercover agents who pose as someone else (prostitute, child, hit-man), in order to attract potential criminals.

If these guys weren't looking for Al Quaeda, or to commit a terrorist act, then they would never have been reeled in by the undercover agent.

-Sour

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Personally, I don't let my children have access to the internet unless I or my wife are monitoring them closely. I don't understand why parents would let their children run loose on the internet or on the streets. Therefore, the issue of pedophiles on the internet is not an issue for my house.

Then again, I don't see where a discussion of "how to catch" pedophiles and terrorists is in any way similar. It's something like the difference in how you harvest fruit and steaks.

Keep in mind that everyone here is a potential terrorist. We are all capable secret and hidden attacks if we feel that our families are in danger or if our families have already been ravaged by someone. Vengeance is probably the biggest motivator in terrorism.

For that matter, if we were to look back 230 years ago and compare our forefathers from a british perspective we might find them to be terrorists. They fought secretly and worked from hidden places right under the noses of the British who were the governing force at the time in much of this land. They fought for their freedom and for the safety of their families. The thing that makes the difference is perspective and time.

Defining a pedophile is much easier than defining a terrorist.

When I hear of a terrorist attack, I ask why? Why would a man blow himself up in order to kill others who he perceives to be his enemy? What would drive a person to kill people at random...or at least what appears to us as random? The fact that our press here in this country has failed to ask such questions leaves me with an inherent distrust of their reporting. They have failed to examine both sides of the story and that leaves them as mere propoganda machines.

True reporting looks for the truth...even if the truth is unpleasant. It is exactly this sort of thing that has made this website to prosper and to acquire so many people who think that there must be more to the story than we are being told.

Most of us are here because we no longer trust our press to give us the whole story with both sides presented in an unbiased manner. We are here hoping to find clues about the other side of the story...whether it is this particular story or any other.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

It doesn't matter if they are American citizens or not, they were planning on comitting terrorist attacks, that makes them terrorists.

No, being convicted of terrorism or conspiracy to commit terrorism in a court makes you a terrorist. This is America we live in (I'm assuming you're an American) where people are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

There was an enlightening piece on The Daily Show last night specifically about this "terrorist threat." It's on The Daily Show website under the title "Soft Cell", I'd suggest to everyone who's posted in this thread or is concerned about the arrests in miami to watch it.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Who is to say that there is not another cell that we are investigating? Don't worry, I am sure the New York Times will report on them this Sunday

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

To be completly Honest, if I would not know Better, I would say you are a Goverment Agent, payed by CIA, NSA, FBI to pust this kind of pro-Bushy propaganda on websites such as this.

Oh really?... I guess you must be either a KGB agent, or maybe a terrorist posing as an "innocent member yet proclaiming to all to take up arms against the U.S. in the name of the revolution once in a while"....

We all know for a FACT that several Intelligence agencies have their agents in newspapers to write pre-made PR news.

So what?.... how does that prove your claim?....

And you are in my Sights for ATS.

so now i have to be afraid of you?...

PEOPLE BE AWARE OF MUAD'DIB!

HE WORKS FOR US GOVERMENT!

If you see a government agent, or a government official, can you ask him/her where have my paychecks for the past over two years gone to?.....

He is not an adapted kangaroo mouse of Arrakis, a creature associated in the Fremen earth-spirit mythology with a design visible on the planet's second moon. This creature is admired by Fremen for its ability to survive in the open desert.

Humm...now you are resorting to personal attacks... i wonder why you are never warned when you do this.....

ANYWAY...

yes?.....

The plot to topple Chicago's Sears Tower was not all that it seemed

When the dust had settled barely 24 hours later, a rather more modest version of events had emerged. The seven young black men arrested at a warehouse in Miami and Atlanta had never been in touch with al-Qa'ida, and had no explosives. Their "plan" to destroy America's tallest building was little more than wishful thinking, expressed by one of them to an FBI informant purporting to be a member of Osama bin Laden's terrorist organisation.

Oh wow...you have certainly proven how innocent they are huh souljah?....

Even the FBI admitted as much. John Pistole, the bureau's deputy director, described the plan on Friday as "aspirational rather than operational" and admitted that none of the seven (five US citizens and two Haitian immigrants) had ever featured on a terrorist watch list.

BoooOOooHooooooOO!

The Big Bad Terrorists Are Coming To Get Ya'll!

Be AFraid!

Be VERY AFraid!

Obey the Goverment!

Belive Muad'Dib!

Do NOT think with Your Own Brain!

Belive the Goverment!

Be AFraid!

Consume!

Sleep!

Work!

Eat!

O B E Y !

Wow...hey who cares if there are people out there that make statements that they want to destroy buildings in the United States?...perhaps even with people inside... It is their right to want to destroy any building in the United States and make statements on how they are going to do it and what they are going to use.... Who in the world is anyone trying to stop the dreams of these people from destroying the United States?..... Is not like they have in mind trying to hurt anyone or destroy public/private property... Right souljah?....

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join