It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth temp at 400 Year High

page: 1

join
share:
Ox

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The National Academy of Sciences is reaching a conclusion that Earth's Temperature is at its hottest in probably 400 years, This comes from a broad range of scientific tests and work requested by congress. Evidence comes from boreholes and retreating glaciers. Interesting stuff... It's a good little article.. give it a read..
And who said Global Warming is a myth?

Yahoo News Source

Here's a quote regarding the Government's stand point "The Bush administration has maintained that the threat is not severe enough to warrant new pollution controls that the White House says would have cost 5 million Americans their jobs."

And we all know that right now the Americans will fear anything the government says is bad for them

Although.. Here is another quote "HUMAN FAULT: Human activities are responsible for much of the recent warming, the Academy says."
[edit on 22-6-2006 by Ox]

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Ox]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

And we all know that right now the Americans will fear anything the government says is bad for them

Not going to win any friends with sweeping statements like that.

Is this thread about climate change or bashing large groups of diverse individuals due to their nationality?

Good Topic.

Bad Post.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
The National Academy of Sciences is reaching a conclusion that Earth's Temperature is at its hottest in probably 400 years...

Hmmmm. That is interesting. Before 400 years ago (1600 AD), it was warmer? Is that what you're saying? Because we should expect it to be much warmer today than 400 years ago. That time period is right in the middle of the "Little Ice Age," which was quite a bit cooler than the period about 400 years earlier (1200 AD). In fact, the little ice age had one of it's coldest periods around that time (1600 or so) as I recall. So, why shouldn't it be warmer today?

It is futile to compare temperatures now to those of another time period so close to the present. In climate change, if you are comparing today's climate to 400 years ago, you might as well be comparing today's climate to yesterday's.

Harte

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hmmm, thoroughly confused on my end. The title now reads "2000" year high. Did it say "400" year high at first? I can't keep up.

Added: I've read the article for a third time and it has me very confused. It reads like political propaganda to me.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by zenlover28]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
And who said Global Warming is a myth?[...]And we all know that right now the Americans will fear anything the government says is bad for them

The Bush admin's policy is that Global Warming exists, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Harte
we should expect it to be much warmer today than 400 years ago. That time period is right in the middle of the "Little Ice Age,"

Please do not try to bring facts, evidence, and rational thought into an exposition of Rhetoric.

top topics

join