It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Government (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is a 21 minute segment/edit of a 1987 PBS documentary hosted by Bill Moyers.

It deals with the "truths" behind many of our (the U.S) government's actions over the last 50+ years, and contains what I feel is alot of valuable information and interviews.

The Secret Government, The Constitution in Crisis

It certainly shows how far we have (or havn't) come in the last 19 yrs.

[edit on 6/22/06 by redmage]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Interesting redmage, I'll take a look at it when I have some time, thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Does the vid have everyone speechless, or are there just not many people interested in the C.I.A., and history, today?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Perhaps they're wondering why you'd post a copyrighted video without permissions?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Perhaps they're wondering why you'd post a copyrighted video without permissions?

Out of curiousity, what "up to date" copyright information have you found on the video?

I didn't put it on google video and, through a search, it seems that it is widely available in the public domain without p2p filesharing. I simply pointed people to google for what I felt was an interesting and valuable video.

However, If you feel that Google is breaking the law, feel free to take it up with them. They are currently hosting two copies, of the video, which can be viewed for free.

Have you nothing to say about the content?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
An interesting video to be sure, and interesting to note the lack of response to your post.
I feel that this may be due in part to the length of the clip, at 20 minutes it is a long haul for many here at ATS who fit in their conspiracy theorising around their normal day to day activities, I will admit that it has taken me a few days to get around to watching it, but I will be looking for the original uncut version to add to my 20 hour backlog of footage that I have accumulated but as yet not watched!

Might I suggest that when posting a clip of such enormous length (let us not forget the average attention span of human beings appears to be waning of late) that you include some of the pertinent facts from the clip in the text of your post...

For instance, I myself was aware of the fact that Claus Barbie was recruited by intelligence services after he finished butchering the helpless victims of nazi death camps, but many might not have come across that little gem.

Just a thought. Another one is that many might feel that such an old clip will not tell them anything that they did not already know, the patrons here at ATS are acutely aware of many such things, but that is not to say that they would learn nothing from the clip, I was not aware that the CIA tried to lace Castro's cigars with '___', apparently this is common knowledge
I just thought they tried to blow him up etc.

As for getting more response for this vid, might I suggest posting it to an already established thread regarding the CIA/covert ops? Perhaps the mods (in their infinite wisdom(except where copyright is concerned it seems
would like to suggest a suitable thread for this vid, I certainly think it is worth a look, even if only to remind us of some of the atrocities to which we have become so blase, hmm?

A good find redmage, thank you, and keep up the good work!

Regards,
Q

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well, it's been over a year and it appears that the origional link is now dead. The origional link was to a 21 minute segment/edit, and, at the time, I was looking for the full 90 min. version. Not sure what sparked my memory, but I just did a quick search, and it seems that someone posted the full version, to google.video, in Feb. 07.

Google Video Link

How far do you think we've come in the last 20 years? Do you feel that we're heading in the right direction, or did Moyer's warnings fall on deaf ears?

[edit on 10/2/07 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I had this in my sig.. I didnt know u made one.. Nice work

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This song was in the beginning of the clip posted by the OP. It was so good I figured I would post a clip.

www.youtube.com...

Remember it is not just the NeoCons Hillary Clinton is one of them also, don't fall for the left right lie to keep your eye off the ball.

Other versions.
myspacetv.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This is an excellent video.

Too many people are forgetting that the US has an established and proven history of state sponsored terror.

top topics

join